• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

its not going to happen, that is a foolish figure. I can see a $2000lb thou

E

edux10

it may drop a little, but 91$ for a single ounce i only see happening for mass produced outdoor. Its not like electric or nute prices are going to fall. Dank indoor is going to cost at least as much as electricity and materials/products used. What the exact price is going to be is anyones guess.

I could see pounds for 2k$ easy but are we even going able to buy that quantity under the rec act? Say if the cap is an oz, then we will most likely see weed packaged as it is at the clubs already: in ounce, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 packages. Smaller bags is always less of a breakdown, making prices stay higher than if it was available in bulk.

Like everyone has already said, beer is priced according to quality. There are still people that prefer to shell out the extra bills and get some dank microbrew, and there are a ton of people that want to get the most bang for their buck and dont care if they drink piss water.

Would be cool to go to the store and pick up a pack of joints for $5 for people that dont have any herb, also would be cool to go to a higher end conossur style shop with really dank (and more expensive) goods.

S

Sway

if they legalize it you wont be able to produce indoor anymore because it wont be worth it. everyone will grow outside. the reason indoor is even as big as it is today is because its illegal to grow cannabis. once its legalized the indoor market will probably slowly disappear because the costs to produce will be much greater then what your income will be from the crop.

and for the beer comparison. thats crap. the best six pack on the shelf doesnt even cost 20 bucks, and the worst beer is about 4 bucks. even if you have the best dank in the world, no one is going to buy it for the prices we get now. and the prices we get now are crap compared to what we got just 3-5 years ago. when they legalize pot it the prices will fall dramatically.

look at alaska. a 5 dollar bottle of whiskey you can get 200-300 bucks for in some parts of alaska because its illegal and a dry county.

if your a real grower, legalization is the worst possible thing that could happen. it will mean the end of a large portion of us who cant produce massive quantities to be able to keep up and stay afloat.

even if your bud is the best, it wont matter. prices will fall dramatically because everyone will be doing it and big corporations will be producing it. not to mention the taxes they are implementing on it will be huge costs when pot has no value after legalization.

i know one fact. if they legalize, most of us will be out of a job. and that fact is one of the exact reasons why the government will consider letting this pass. along with the billions of tax dollars they will get from exploiting our once sacred plant, and having more ways to put people in jail for it.

for anyone that thinks that this bill is a good idea, you must not love and respect cannabis like i do and you definitely dont grow the plant to feed your family.

VOTE NO IN NOVEMBER. SAVE CANNABIS.

squarepusher

squarepusher

even if it does pass, the discount prices wont come into effect fully until 1-3 years down the road as operations scale up, and of course the time for the growing cycle.

If you are a current grower, why not step about and ride with the times? you probably adjust your operation to scale up a bit, but at least you can sleep well at night not worrying about legal matters. Sun is cheap too, Humboldt makes some great quality outdoor too :)

K

kushpheen

$91oz was taking into consideration about $50 in taxes so the retail price would be $40 and the wholesale price close to $20oz or $320lb. Now factor in the cost of labor packaging distribution and your looking at making pennies on the dollar if your a grower. I cant think of a better way to destroy a multi-billion dollar economy and the lives and livelihoods of tens of thousands of people than by allowing corporations and people like rich lee to devalue cannabis as a commodity and openly ruin not only its financial value but its spiritual and medicinal. I have a feeling $300lb's aren't grown with much love or care for the environment or the people that consume them.

G

greenblood

if they legalize it you wont be able to produce indoor anymore because it wont be worth it. everyone will grow outside.

not everyone is blessed with the same summer climate that you all are in Northern California.

jaredman

jaredman

This is in California only to my understanding, correct? It is not a national reform?

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
amazing, so folks are going to vote to keep putting people in jail for smoking or growing herb?

fractal

fractal

It is not going to happen. I really believe the legislators, politicians and all with $$ in their eyes at legalized pot have not even thought about the infrastructure to grow it and harvest (more tricky than most crops due to resin). Even if it does become legalized in california that just means a couple hours' drive to AZ or NV and off it for black market rates.

G

Gro

if they legalize it you wont be able to produce indoor anymore because it wont be worth it. everyone will grow outside. the reason indoor is even as big as it is today is because its illegal to grow cannabis. once its legalized the indoor market will probably slowly disappear because the costs to produce will be much greater then what your income will be from the crop.

and for the beer comparison. thats crap. the best six pack on the shelf doesnt even cost 20 bucks, and the worst beer is about 4 bucks. even if you have the best dank in the world, no one is going to buy it for the prices we get now. and the prices we get now are crap compared to what we got just 3-5 years ago. when they legalize pot it the prices will fall dramatically.

look at alaska. a 5 dollar bottle of whiskey you can get 200-300 bucks for in some parts of alaska because its illegal and a dry county.

if your a real grower, legalization is the worst possible thing that could happen. it will mean the end of a large portion of us who cant produce massive quantities to be able to keep up and stay afloat.

even if your bud is the best, it wont matter. prices will fall dramatically because everyone will be doing it and big corporations will be producing it. not to mention the taxes they are implementing on it will be huge costs when pot has no value after legalization.

i know one fact. if they legalize, most of us will be out of a job. and that fact is one of the exact reasons why the government will consider letting this pass. along with the billions of tax dollars they will get from exploiting our once sacred plant, and having more ways to put people in jail for it.

for anyone that thinks that this bill is a good idea, you must not love and respect cannabis like i do and you definitely dont grow the plant to feed your family.

VOTE NO IN NOVEMBER. SAVE CANNABIS.

tru dat Sway!:mad0233:

fractal

fractal

If they legalize, I think we need to say fuck the internet and meet up together to plan massive pollen drops into the greenhouse intake fans of MegaGroCo Inc. The nastiest, dirtiest ditchweed pollen that we can muster.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Rally the Troops

If they legalize, I think we need to say fuck the internet and meet up together to plan massive pollen drops into the greenhouse intake fans of MegaGroCo Inc. The nastiest, dirtiest ditchweed pollen that we can muster.

I like the way you thinking Fractal. :evilgrin

fractal

fractal

Well more on this topic:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/whod...ck-of-the-tomatoes-killer-20100709-1041x.html

Sample of text: WITHIN the ranks of Bowen, a tight-knit community in north Queensland, fingers are pointed and rumours fly.

For a third time in eight years the town's farming industry, the epicentre of Australia's winter food bowl that supplies 80 per cent of the country's fresh produce, has been crippled by an act of skulduggery.

Herbicide injected into the water supply at a local nursery has poisoned 7 million plants, including 4 million tomato and 2 million capsicum seedlings.

More of the story:

"

POISONING seems to be the way some things get settled around the north Queensland fruit and vegetable farming community of Bowen.

Among the vast greenhouses and sprawling cultivations, it's a can of weedkiller that people seem to reach for instead of a rifle or a lawyer's phone number when there's a dispute or the competition for markets gets too intense.

The latest incident is no exception, if you believe the locals.

They are convinced the sneak attack on two farms, which wiped out a massive chunk of the region's tomato-growing capacity and cost the district $23.5 million in lost markets, was done by someone with an intimate knowledge of irrigation systems."

The picture says it all

013044 poisoned tomatoes
S

Sway

amazing, so folks are going to vote to keep putting people in jail for smoking or growing herb?

here in california if you have proper paper work and are responsible your not going to have problems with the police bro. so this is not a concern to california medical patients.

keep it medical, make the medical cannabis scene more legit and have less grey area. thats what needs to happen. not full legalization so every dick and joe can be mr. pro pothead.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Well, i dont want to get into a debate, but i just think it should be legal. I dont want govt telling me what i can or can not grow in my back yard. Whether i grow for a serious medical condition, or just because i like to relax with a spliff at night, what difference does it make? If i am totally healthy and like to grow and smoke pot i should go to jail?

I think they should make it that no one is allowed to produce more than 20 pounds or 50 pounds per year and that way keep it small farmers providing the herb. Just need to make sure there are not large corp pumping out crap herb and putting small quality boutique growers out of business.

I feel for folks who depend on weed being illegal to support themselves, but in the bigger scheme of things it is time for prohibition to end and for us to be free. What about joe shmoe? should he go to jail because he sent herb to another state? I dont want anyone telling me if i grow this plant and send it to you in another state i am going to jail.

We need to get weed legalized all of the world. In the usa we need to get the fed govt to do it, and if they wont then we gotta do it state by state. Cali folks should be really proud to be leading the charge!

Sorry for the rant... no offense meant to sway or others, i respect you guys and the entire med caregiver community, you guys (and girls) are awesome!

JayBee

M

MediMary

Well more on this topic:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/whod...ck-of-the-tomatoes-killer-20100709-1041x.html

Sample of text: WITHIN the ranks of Bowen, a tight-knit community in north Queensland, fingers are pointed and rumours fly.

For a third time in eight years the town's farming industry, the epicentre of Australia's winter food bowl that supplies 80 per cent of the country's fresh produce, has been crippled by an act of skulduggery.

Herbicide injected into the water supply at a local nursery has poisoned 7 million plants, including 4 million tomato and 2 million capsicum seedlings.

More of the story:

"

POISONING seems to be the way some things get settled around the north Queensland fruit and vegetable farming community of Bowen.

Among the vast greenhouses and sprawling cultivations, it's a can of weedkiller that people seem to reach for instead of a rifle or a lawyer's phone number when there's a dispute or the competition for markets gets too intense.

The latest incident is no exception, if you believe the locals.

They are convinced the sneak attack on two farms, which wiped out a massive chunk of the region's tomato-growing capacity and cost the district $23.5 million in lost markets, was done by someone with an intimate knowledge of irrigation systems."

The picture says it all
someone is killing it now, that most the competition is gone.

fractal as long as we are dropping in ditchweed pollen, lets look for some nice spider mites as well.

lol

decept1

decept1

Well, i dont want to get into a debate, but i just think it should be legal. I dont want govt telling me what i can or can not grow in my back yard. Whether i grow for a serious medical condition, or just because i like to relax with a spliff at night, what difference does it make? If i am totally healthy and like to grow and smoke pot i should go to jail?

I think they should make it that no one is allowed to produce more than 20 pounds or 50 pounds per year and that way keep it small farmers providing the herb. Just need to make sure there are not large corp pumping out crap herb and putting small quality boutique growers out of business.

I feel for folks who depend on weed being illegal to support themselves, but in the bigger scheme of things it is time for prohibition to end and for us to be free. What about joe shmoe? should he go to jail because he sent herb to another state? I dont want anyone telling me if i grow this plant and send it to you in another state i am going to jail.

We need to get weed legalized all of the world. In the usa we need to get the fed govt to do it, and if they wont then we gotta do it state by state. Cali folks should be really proud to be leading the charge!

Sorry for the rant... no offense meant to sway or others, i respect you guys and the entire med caregiver community, you guys (and girls) are awesome!

JayBee

talking about joes shmoe going to jail in cali for smoking or possesing won't happen enless you're over 28gs. if you have over 28 in cali you're bumb for not getting a medical card (60 bux, and they hand them out like candy. are ppl really that cheap? or they just want something to bitch about when they get caught up). weed is legal in cali....it's called a medical card....we have it better now then we ever will...

Latest posts

Top Bottom