Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Lol! Thanks. Not sure what makes it so obvious I don't run an organic setup. Actually, I run a certified "clean green" garden. It's the closest certification a cannabis grower can get to "organic" in the state of California. Since cannabis has not been approved by the FDA, technically none of it is "organic" nor can it be. I'd be happy to send you a list of the nutrients and processes I use . Everything I grow is lab tested and sold in legal dispensaries. All of my ashes burn white ;)
Do they test you for metals, let's say like, mercury?
naz

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Lol! Thanks. Not sure what makes it so obvious I don't run an organic setup. Actually, I run a certified "clean green" garden. It's the closest certification a cannabis grower can get to "organic" in the state of California. Since cannabis has not been approved by the FDA, technically none of it is "organic" nor can it be. I'd be happy to send you a list of the nutrients and processes I use . Everything I grow is lab tested and sold in legal dispensaries. All of my ashes burn white ;)
I'm not getting why all the flack. Looks like a dank ass grow man. I believe you to be totally organic. Have you ever tried to reuse soil? Re-amend with fertilizer mix and then let the roots and everything break down, then flower again?

Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

I'm not getting why all the flack. Looks like a dank ass grow man. I believe you to be totally organic. Have you ever tried to reuse soil? Re-amend with fertilizer mix and then let the roots and everything break down, then flower again?

I could, however I much prefer to start every round with fresh mix so my "control" is always the same. As this is all for dispensaries and medical patients, consistency is important. Also the added steps and space involved with such an endeavor would most likely prove to be too much. Other than harvesting and trimming, this entire (two flowering room) grow is run by myself only so the more work I can eliminate without cutting corners the better. It just comes down to work as I alternate the two rooms so no matter what I'm no longer than 5 weeks out from a harvest. With that kind of perpetual rotation, the thought of adding a whole separate process for the medium just seems like unnecessary work.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Here is my re-mix formula. The base for the soil is bailed peat, compost, perilite, and worm castings.
Remixed after harvest as long as there aren't any pest problems with the soil. I chop the stalks up into about 1" long pieces and include them in the remix. I only remove the largest densest parts of the root system and recycle that into my outdoor compost pile.
Per 50 gal of used soil.
-4 cups crushed oyster shell
-2 cups Lime
-4 to 6 cups blooms and buds mix(alfalfa meal, blood and bone meal, rabbit manure, worm castings, soft rock, gypsum. Not in this order.)
-4 to 8 cups of worm castings
-4 cups neem meal

Mix it up thoroughly and moisten it gradually, then I load it into trash barrels to cook for 30-60 days.
Then grow some buds;)
100 5515

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Wow Wonder Dawg!
Your room is beautiful! Great job! Obviously not organic but holy wow, you have your setup tuned quite nicely! Loving your high ceilings and double ended fixtures!

I am just rebooting my small organic garden.

I have been using a mix of

1 part Bio Canna Soil
1 part Gaia Green Worm Cast
.75 Part Grow Stone Aerator

Per Cu/ft
one hand of Oyster Flour
1/2 hand of Kelp Meal
3 hand of Glacial Rock Dust

Only three transplant max with wavy air pots and 15 Gal root pouch to finish.
Used mycorrhizae on the root balls during transplant.

Top dressed with High N guano in Veg and High P when flowers produce...

Teas and brews for foliar and feedings.
5 gal bucket
2 cups worm
1/2 cup Bio Canna dirt
1/2 cup Rock Dust
1 tablespoon diluted Cane Sugar
Brewed for at least 18 hrs - 24 hrs top

Feeding so far

GO Biothrive Grow
GO Ca Mg+ (only a few weeks into veg once a week till transition. would rather a CaMg+ with zero Nitrate or carb, so I may make a Cal Phos.)
GO Bio Weed
GO Diamond Black

Flower Nutes
Canna Bio Flores
GO Bio Bud
GO Bio Weed
GO CaMg+
GO Diamond Black

So far im only getting into the flower stages and my temps are shit , just throwing it all together and working into my personal med grow. all organic mostly vganic no cook... waiting to go No till.
When u run out the diamond black I would switch to bioag ful power. It's a far superior fulvic acid

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Does anybody have one of these thingys......... I mean, we are in a soil thread right? Or is this the "I mixed this up and it's amazing" thread?

Soil Analysis Results
Analysis
Result Unit Optimal
status_soil_white.gif

Soil pH 6.8
Buffer pH 7.3
Organic Matter 9.6 %
Phosphorus 1160 m3-ppm
Potassium 1160 m3-ppm
Magnesium 817 m3-ppm
Calcium 11330 m3-ppm
CEC 30
K Saturation 8.3 %
Mg Saturation 20 %
Ca Saturation 50.1 %
Na Saturation 4.9 %
Sulfur 3886 m3-ppm
Boron 3.8 m3-ppm
Copper 4.7 m3-ppm
Iron 217.3 m3-ppm
Manganese 74 m3-ppm
Zinc 38.3 m3-ppm
Sodium 341 m3-ppm
Nitrate-N 24 ppm
Ammonium-N 14 ppm
Soluble Salts 1.78 mmhos/cm
Aluminum 123 m3-ppm
K, NH4Ac - pH 8.2 1220 ppm
Mg, NH4Ac - pH 8.2 568 ppm
Ca, NH4Ac - pH 8.2 7090 ppm
Na, NH4Ac - pH 8.2 317 ppm

Larry.G

Larry.G

Bulldog,

Do we know the appropriate or optimum levels of those elements for cannabis? Have these levels been established or are we guessing just as much with a report as we are when we just toss a mix together? I've heard that 50% Organic Matter is optimum, then 10%, 5%, etc...

L

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, we have known for a long time what the ideal base saturation levels in our soil should be. William Albrect, Michael Astera, and my favorite, V.A. Tiedjens. Cannabis needs some tweaking, but plant physiology dictates many similarities across species.

Could you imagine if everybody that mixed up one of these "internet" soil batches, and took a soil sample, then documented the success, imagine the database we could have. All this soil recipe stuff in nonsense. Cant find the same inputs 20 miles down the road, let alone having to ship stuff across the country. Cannabis farmers are stubborn.......

below frigid

below frigid

I just take what I like from a few different recipe's that are time tested and proven. I usally cut back some on the amounts for two reasons. One is that it just seems like a lot of crap to be putting into the soil and two is that I reuse my soil year after year and assume that there has to be some left from the previous season. I like Humbolt Locals recipe which is just a tweaked Tom Hill recipe and I also like SubCools Super Soil Recipe. Mine is a combination of both with a few extras ( Crab Meal and Feather Meal). I have added worm castings every season to my soil I have been reusing for years. This season I made a huge compost pile instead with straw, alfafa, blood meal and some other goodies. Really surprised how much it reduced decomposing., about 6 yrds finished product. Worms are crawling through it. Thinking the rain this season gave my soil a good really needed flushing of anything that may have built up in the past 5 years of drought. I am 100% organic so I am thinking it can't be too bad. Only thing that worries me a little is My irrigation (well water ) is extremely hard 883 ppm, I remember Seamaiden talking about possible long term effects from using this type of water, especially in multiple years of drought. Sorry for rambling. LOL. All that scientific stuff is a little much for me.

Larry.G

Larry.G

Yes, we have known for a long time what the ideal base saturation levels in our soil should be. William Albrect, Michael Astera, and my favorite, V.A. Tiedjens. Cannabis needs some tweaking, but plant physiology dictates many similarities across species..

Could you share? I'm always wondering what the appropriate levels are...

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't think we will truly know until people start doing plant tissue analysis on a variety of strains, but every lab I have tried doesn't offer it on cannabis for fear of losing their welfare (Federal Leaches these Universities are).

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't think we will truly know until people start doing plant tissue analysis on a variety of strains, but every lab I have tried doesn't offer it on cannabis for fear of losing their welfare (Federal Leaches these Universities are).

You gotta keep it the same, and find a lab that will run [email protected] for high calcium soils. I use Spectrum Analytical and I pay for the K3 package. Every sample you put through this will auto be uploaded to my agronomist Excel spread sheet. We have a pretty large data base going on what cannabis requirements are.

Could you share? I'm always wondering what the appropriate levels are...

Depends on who you study.
Cal 65-80
Mg 12-25
k 4-8
Na less than 1%
hydrogen less than 10%
P should = K
Mn greater than Fe

I have been pushing
Cal 85
Mg 8
K 4
N less than 1%
Hydrogen 4%

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I wasnt talking about soil test bro, plant tissue

Well, you said you don't think soil tests are accurate until you cross reference with tissue tests right? I believe the soil tests can tell a majority of the story if you read deep enough.
Just gotta know the right labs :smoking:

Pretty sure fruit growers lab in cali does it. I know a lab in Ohio I have stuff sent to for tissue samples.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't think I said that, but they can only tell you so much. You need much more data IMO other than soil. Not saying that soil tests are not helpful though but we need more. I would drop cal to 80 and double your K. Just my two cents.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
So who have you read that says 80% in cannabis then?

Also don't ignore the problems Kempt, Astera, Reams ext ext had also...... This is farming right?

Top Bottom