Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

My half joint stash ..was about half empty a couple months ago before harvest!
263CE204 1F71 424A 9572 57FE800F63DC

indogrow420

indogrow420

the 5.4 3v at it again
almost done the manifold ,
I removed like 4 studs that were flush with a MIG and a nut and washer, took 6 tries on each before they came out, having no garage and rain this took longer than expected. after I had them off I chased the thread with a chaser tap and cleaned the head surface with a brass brush, had some minor pitting but from my calculations it way away from the gasket mating surface, I only got 2 studs and nut to instal then torq everything n then mate the flange to the manifold and weld the exhaust.

so I did it without removing the starter , did not remove the sway bar . only had the truck jacked with wheel and the shroud off and only had to cut exhaust nothing else and was able to put the new manifold in from the wheel well area with the big part of it first

not a job i will ever do again not going to lie haha
first 4 were not flush but pic is for stud length comparasin lucky they came out sooner cause i was giving up

IMG 20221019 193523105
IMG 20221019 193453283
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

the 5.4 3v at it again
almost done the manifold ,
I removed like 4 studs that were flush with a MIG and a nut and washer, took 6 tries on each before they came out, having no garage and rain this took longer than expected. after I had them off I chased the thread with a chaser tap and cleaned the head surface with a brass brush, had some minor pitting but from my calculations it way away from the gasket mating surface, I only got 2 studs and nut to instal then torq everything n then mate the flange to the manifold and weld the exhaust.

so I did it without removing the starter , did not remove the sway bar . only had the truck jacked with wheel and the shroud off and only had to cut exhaust nothing else and was able to put the new manifold in from the wheel well area with the big part of it first

not a job i will ever do again not going to lie haha
first 4 were not flush but pic is for stud length comparasin lucky they came out sooner cause i was giving up
Lookin good! Removing exhaust studs sure is a pain in the ass, especially in a V style motor. I dont understand why Ford still has yet to address this issue. Even the 2023s do this, and imho, its complete bullshit to spend $60,000+ on a pickup truck and have this happen within the first year or 2 of owning it.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I was in Catskill falls area in July. It's a very beautiful area. I stayed in hunter NY. If I ever had to move away from mass, I could definitely live out the rest of my life in that area of New York. Upstate New York is so beautiful.
Its definitely beautiful, i was born here and ill never move back. It was just a life suck living here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom