Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I know this may sound weird cuz I am weird but you sure have found the sweet spot for a 5 gallon pail seriously Jack beautiful plants my man!

If only I could ship it through the mail.... I'd send it to yah as a thanks for the compliment.

Rooke

Rooke

View attachment 2030192
If only I could ship it through the mail.... I'd send it to yah as a thanks for the compliment.
View attachment 2030192
No worries at all it’s well deserved!!! I’ve been trying to find the correlation between certain strains and pot sizes as to why some seem to finish a bit earlier if that sweet spot is found and if being a tad rootbound has much to do with it as well, always learning buddy!!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
No worries at all it’s well deserved!!! I’ve been trying to find the correlation between certain strains and pot sizes as to why some seem to finish a bit earlier if that sweet spot is found and if being a tad rootbound has much to do with it as well, always learning buddy!!
If there is one thing I’ve learned about growing over the years, it’s that school is never out of session. Unless you prefer willful ignorance. But you wouldn’t get out of a seed starter that way right?

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

This is kinda funny... On THCFarmers the entrance page says
  • 124,365 Questions
  • Answers
    2,509,143 Answers
Making for a grand total of ..... 20 answers per question.....

So much information..........................

I first learned of "hempy buckets", not sure when they were first called that, but, I been doing buckets like these since early 2000's, old grey beard at Ithaca NY Planted Earth... showed me.... He moved to Colorado from NY the first week it legalized, LOL! Then came back to close up his store, but someone bought it or he let his son run it, I forget the story.

Before that I was doing drip wicks and loved them, but, they would be really susceptible to bugs, growing them in the basement..... well, at least, for me...

Any rate... Once I got on that bicycle, I haven't gotten off, it works for me.

However, I am getting the itch to do some trained grows, and try to go with minimalist approach to see how much I can get out of it.

Will still use s 5 gal bucket, but, will drop to a 200w LED and am not sure if I will go for the grid or the nylon tie off approach.

Probably will do both...

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
This is kinda funny... On THCFarmers the entrance page says
  • 124,365 Questions
  • Answers
    2,509,143 Answers
Making for a grand total of ..... 20 answers per question.....

So much information..........................

I first learned of "hempy buckets", not sure when they were first called that, but, I been doing buckets like these since early 2000's, old grey beard at Ithaca NY Planted Earth... showed me.... He moved to Colorado from NY the first week it legalized, LOL! Then came back to close up his store, but someone bought it or he let his son run it, I forget the story.

Before that I was doing drip wicks and loved them, but, they would be really susceptible to bugs, growing them in the basement..... well, at least, for me...

Any rate... Once I got on that bicycle, I haven't gotten off, it works for me.

However, I am getting the itch to do some trained grows, and try to go with minimalist approach to see how much I can get out of it.

Will still use s 5 gal bucket, but, will drop to a 200w LED and am not sure if I will go for the grid or the nylon tie off approach.

Probably will do both...
I like your style, no reason to limit yourself in the training arena. I do both too from time to time. If you take your time in veg, and you really approach it with patience, you can get a pretty sizable yield under 200 watts with just one light.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I like your style, no reason to limit yourself in the training arena. I do both too from time to time. If you take your time in veg, and you really approach it with patience, you can get a pretty sizable yield under 200 watts with just one light.

Would also like to do one that's just a single kola... IE, Do not allow side branches to grow on it and keep it in veg for about 2 months... Then in flower just keep cutting branches off. I've seen it done with Willem's Wonders in that they popped out 1/2 lb single kolas out of a 5 gal in soil. Things were 4 foot tall, including the bucket.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Would also like to do one that's just a single kola... IE, Do not allow side branches to grow on it and keep it in veg for about 2 months... Then in flower just keep cutting branches off. I've seen it done with Willem's Wonders in that they popped out 1/2 lb single kolas out of a 5 gal in soil. Things were 4 foot tall, including the bucket.
That, is rad. I just ran 8oz pots all the way through flower. Half the size of a solo cup. They were crazy top heavy in that style, not the size you are talking, but you could fully pull that off. I would love to watch that run.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

That, is rad. I just ran 8oz pots all the way through flower. Half the size of a solo cup. They were crazy top heavy in that style, not the size you are talking, but you could fully pull that off. I would love to watch that run.

I gottabook..... With Ed Rosenthal showed how he ran like 700 plants that way..... Can't recall now if it was 70 or 700..... Sea of Green, think he started flowering the clones as soon as they showed the slightest sign of rooting.

Ended up with a whole mess of 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz little buds, very easy trimming.

NY won't let us grow that way.... So I am showing how stupid and useless NY law is.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I gottabook..... With Ed Rosenthal showed how he ran like 700 plants that way..... Can't recall now if it was 70 or 700..... Sea of Green, think he started flowering the clones as soon as they showed the slightest sign of rooting.

Ended up with a whole mess of 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz little buds, very easy trimming.
Precisely what 2/3rds of my last crop was, couple 1oz colas, but the majority where 1/4-1/2s. It was multiple sea of greens, they stretched a ton with no training, just let everything in the cups stay single stalk, they got unwieldy at the end. It was like a jenga game that was close to toppling hahaha the trimming was nice……

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
There was a guy here, I can’t remember his name, but he started out with 200 solo cups. Last year. Maybe somebody can come up with his name. Worked his ass off! But pulled it off. Had to sex them also. I think he wound up with a little over 100. Crazy fucker!
You know I remember that dude, under a net In A tent……shit….his name is right there…. But…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom