Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cpurola

cpurola

Turns out he got seven with one shot! L O L! 170 pounds dressed.
Brings back memories of my grandpa's pig that got away from the trailer heading to the slaughterhouse.
To save a few bucks the men folk caught it, tied it in the back of a pickup, and dad dispatched it with his pistol.
Then they set up a 55 gallon drum of water and tripod of lumber in the front yard.
Somehow they got the water boiling and then dipped the carcass into it. Us kids were given spoons to scrape the hair off.
Oh, and when we tired of that we took turns stirring the blood so it didn't congeal. Grandma liked to make blood sausage.

Keep in mind all this is playing out in a suburban middle upper class neighborhood.
Mom is a city girl and was MORTIFIED! (what will the neighbors think!) We just laughed. LOL

Rooke

Rooke

Brings back memories of my grandpa's pig that got away from the trailer heading to the slaughterhouse.
To save a few bucks the men folk caught it, tied it in the back of a pickup, and dad dispatched it with his pistol.
Then they set up a 55 gallon drum of water and tripod of lumber in the front yard.
Somehow they got the water boiling and then dipped the carcass into it. Us kids were given spoons to scrape the hair off.
Oh, and when we tired of that we took turns stirring the blood so it didn't congeal. Grandma liked to make blood sausage.

Keep in mind all this is playing out in a suburban middle upper class neighborhood.
Mom is a city girl and was MORTIFIED! (what will the neighbors think!) We just laughed. LOL
What an awesome story. The good old days scratching pigs with a tiger torch and machete

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Okay, I'll bite, what's a tiger torch?
Hook them to a propane tank. Roofers use them on certain roofs. They have lots of uses, including singeing hair off of hides evidently. Courtesy of the Google gods!
IMG 2912

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I thought you told the boss you were going to take him out sledding today! Tsk tsk!

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

I have finally made the step and bought another SF2000 200W to replace my 250W CFL in my second 2x3x6 tent.

It gonna give me more flexibilty regarding running a few more side projects in parallel with the other tent like small scale phenohunt, mother and clones ; also making my own fem seeds.

EVO sf2000evo

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I have finally made the step and bought another SF2000 200W to replace my 250W CFL in my second 2x3x6 tent.

It gonna give me more flexibilty regarding running a few more side projects in parallel with the other tent like small scale phenohunt, mother and clones ; also making my own fem seeds.

View attachment 2104362
That’s awesome man! Sf makes killer gear. 👊🏻🤡

Latest posts

Top Bottom