Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Ya can't deny Aldridge. He's been on tour with a lot of great bands, and hit albums. I'm sure he's had a hell of a ride.
My top 5 drummers off the top of my head
Copeland
Bonham
Parcarro
Chambers
Vinny.

Copeland, and Bonham might not be as technically close to perfect as Vinny, or Chambers, but thier drum parts are perfect for the tunes. Parcarro had it all. Technique, and hit, after hit with everyone

Moshmen

Moshmen

Oh yeah. Someone knows drummers! Vinny is considered by many to be the man. Jeff Parcarro (RIP) just always played the perfect parts, and was a true master. Dennis Chambers is rediculous as well as Tony Royster. Yip Nick knows drummers! Great list there!
G knows his music very wide variety - good taste for sure

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ya can't deny Aldridge. He's been on tour with a lot of great bands, and hit albums. I'm sure he's had a hell of a ride.
My top 5 drummers off the top of my head
Copeland
Bonham
Parcarro
Chambers
Vinny.

Copeland, and Bonham might not be as technically close to perfect as Vinny, or Chambers, but thier drum parts are perfect for the tunes. Parcarro had it all. Technique, and hit, after hit with everyone
Idk how ya pick a favorite? So many good ones with so many different styles .

flowerdave

flowerdave

She runs good :)
Dang Mine would fall apart if it was going that fast. But it looks good. Ha
06 streetglide

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Damn! I seriously need to get myself a liter bike man. My SV650X tops out at 135ish depending on tail wind or not.
Yea I have the R1S, if I upgrade my rods and springs I can flash it and up the rev limiter to 14700. Top speed would be about 189 or 190 I believe. Right now, 172 is good enough . . .yet as you can tell, I could go way faster lol. . I held 172 for a while in this vid

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yea I have the R1S, if I upgrade my rods and springs I can flash it and up the rev limiter to 14700. Top speed would be about 189 or 190 I believe. Right now, 172 is good enough . . .yet as you can tell, I could go way faster lol. . I held 172 for a while in this vid
I've gotten up there a few times, in, and just out of HS.
Going that fast I feel in complete control, yet I don't feel like I'm in reality. Everything is passing so fast, it doesn't feel like reality.
I put away my bike after a 35 mph accident. A buddy slid out, his front wheel hit my back, and that was it for everyday riding. I've gone down going faster, been hit by a car, but for whatever reason that "harmless" wipe ended it for me. I wasn't hurt, and been in far worse collisions playing ball. That just messed with my head for whatever reason?

Blastfact

Blastfact

It's been knocking around in my head the last few months to sell my Wing while I can sell it for far more than I paid for it brand new and get another new FJR1300 and tune it up. I just haven't done it. Wing make a good wife taxi and still out runs Harleys, smoother, handles better and stops like a sport bike. And with a real slipper clutch,,,, no DCT here,,,, you can back the big gal in like a 600 or liter bike. Wish I could do some real engine work on the plastic fantastic and put Olins on it. But Olins isn't going to make anything for the Wing. And the way Honda locked down the ECU's and did some other things to the 1833cc turd eco motor not much can be done with it....

A day of stuffing wheel on sport bikes and Harleys on the Talimena Dr. in SE. OK and SW. AR with a buddy on his old VFR. Brand new tires when we started the weekend. Needed a new set Monday.
IMG 3413

Maxwax

Maxwax

I saw them in like 2007 or 2008 I think, definitely a kick ass drummer... but in my opinion it's hard to top Neal Peart, even if you're not a rush fan... I don't even know how he keeps track of where everything in that kit is located lol.
I wore out a copy of 2112 playing drums to it. Neils death was the first bad thing that happened in 2020. Been a Rush fan since 1968 and the pre Peart days with John Rutsey. Theres a video somewhere of the drum tech setting Neils kit up. Of course he used many variations but they were always pre set, and the stands were bolted to the riser and it al went up pretty easy. Lot of pro national act drummers did the same thing. We opened for some national acts and I remember one time getting yelled at by some dude for nailing a small 2 x 4 piece in front of my bass drum so it wouldnt move. Apparently....thats supposed to be done by a union worker on site.

I'm pro union all day long but come the fuck on.

lol

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I knew Jeff and Joe Porcaro. I took some lessons from Joe. Thats the second bad thing that happened in 2020. Joe died in July. Of course Jeff died in 92'
That's great, but also a shame we lost another Parcarro. Ya know Jeff only played 1 drum solo in his career, and it was short (but sick) it's not about the chops, but the groove.
When ya Even listen to the vocal harmonies of Toto, now that's how a band is supposed to harmonize.

Maxwax

Maxwax

That's great, but also a shame we lost another Parcarro. Ya know Jeff only played 1 drum solo in his career, and it was short (but sick) it's not about the chops, but the groove.
When ya Even listen to the vocal harmonies of Toto, now that's how a band is supposed to harmonize.
I have some backstage passes to Toto shows Ill see if I can locate them. I know I was there I just cant remember the shows....lol Ive seen probably 600 concerts in my day.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I have some backstage passes to Toto shows Ill see if I can locate them. I know I was there I just cant remember the shows....lol Ive seen probably 600 concerts in my day.
The odds of making it in the music industry has got to be a thousand times more difficult than making it in sports I grew up with 2 drummers who made it, and another I wasn't real tight with. To see these guys up close, or trade 4's is insane. I could be lost in 4 bars of 4/4.
I'd love to see Toto. Never have. Did you know Jeff was Sony, and Chers drummer as a kid. He couldn't read, but would memorize the parts after 1 listen. Keep Forgetting, and the Michael McDonald stuff, Steely Dan, Boz Scagg, even Dire Strait. He brought that magic everywhere he went. Definitely one of my all time top 5!
600 shows? Are you an engineer? Tech? Wow!

Top Bottom