Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I have to use a shotgun on snakes! I’m such a crummy shot. It would cost me a fortune to try and kill it with a 40.😁
tongue out double grabbed one eye squinted! if I miss first shot ill go for the intimate kill with a shovel. Thankfully we dont have to deal with crotalus to much up where I am : )

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have to use a shotgun on snakes! I’m such a crummy shot. It would cost me a fortune to try and kill it with a 40.😁
Well, I went down there to get a possum that I saw on my camera one killed one of my chickens this year so possums are on my hit list. He snuck away before I could get there so that snake paid the price.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I think I read something along time ago that 90% of the people who get bit by a rattlesnakes, get bit when they are trying to kill them! And alcohol is usually involved!😂
Sounds about right! That and finding them in the winter… “ their cold and slow” 😂 surprise mutha fucka!!! 😂 we got one at my friends house down in the valley and cooked it and ate it, the kids thought that was cool. And my buddy got a snake skin for his hat! Thing was moving all over while we were cooking it! I think it needed some freezer time.🤷🏼‍♂️

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I think I read something along time ago that 90% of the people who get bit by a rattlesnakes, get bit when they are trying to kill them! And alcohol is usually involved!😂
Yes, and they usually get bit after it’s dead or they think it’s dead trying to mess with it. I shoot them and I leave them if I have to grab it I use my 3 foot extension grabber and toss it in a safe place

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Still not as scary as the 20 to 30 foot Florida Anaconda, I ran into on my property literally!
Riding my mountain bike down my two track and look to my left and saw the biggest snake I’ve ever seen in my life didn’t know they even got that big on this continent comment straight at me as fast as I at least 10 mph and big around as a stovepipe and intersected at the exact same spot, I ended up bunny, hopping over it because it would’ve been like hitting a tree!
When I went back to the house, my wife said I look like I seen a ghost and every hair on my body is standing straight up!!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Still not as scary as the 20 to 30 foot Florida Anaconda, I ran into on my property literally!
Riding my mountain bike down my two track and look to my left and saw the biggest snake I’ve ever seen in my life didn’t know they even got that big on this continent comment straight at me as fast as I at least 10 mph and big around as a stovepipe and intersected at the exact same spot, I ended up bunny, hopping over it because it would’ve been like hitting a tree!
When I went back to the house, my wife said I look like I seen a ghost and every hair on my body is standing straight up!!
Those are not native right? Some crazy ass shit growing in Florida’s because of the climate. I would go just for the iguana hunting! Hahaha!

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Those are not native right? Some crazy ass shit growing in Florida’s because of the climate. I would go just for the iguana hunting! Hahaha!
No, they are not native even though they are called Florida anacondas or green anacondas.
I had to do some research to figure out what kind of snake that was I saw, and that is what I concluded even though the one I saw was solid army tank green had no patterns like most of those big snakes.
I have 100 acres up in north Florida and I’ve got a 12 acre Cypress pond and a few other ponds on my property full of anything and everything you can think of lol.
I’ve posted videos and pictures of gators coming into my yard before, but now I have one that I’m trying to find because for the several months I thought somebody was on my property starting a boat motor and have been actively looking for it until the other day, when I realized that is a gator, and it must be the biggest gator in the world LMAO!
The ground shakes and only does it a few times then stops it sounds like someone has a boat motor and a 50 gallon drum of water and are trying to start it.
Now I’m happy I never found it because it probably would have swallowed me a hole. I will try to safely get a picture or at least a video of the sound

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think mom makes noise when the hatchings come out of the nest! Could be what’s going on! Could be, you will have a slew of them! Or, maybe some kind of mating, call! I think I saw on Nat Geo, that the water kind of jumps and boils a few feet around them when they’re making these calls! Sending out serious vibes!

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
No, they are not native even though they are called Florida anacondas or green anacondas.
I had to do some research to figure out what kind of snake that was I saw, and that is what I concluded even though the one I saw was solid army tank green had no patterns like most of those big snakes.
I have 100 acres up in north Florida and I’ve got a 12 acre Cypress pond and a few other ponds on my property full of anything and everything you can think of lol.
I’ve posted videos and pictures of gators coming into my yard before, but now I have one that I’m trying to find because for the several months I thought somebody was on my property starting a boat motor and have been actively looking for it until the other day, when I realized that is a gator, and it must be the biggest gator in the world LMAO!
The ground shakes and only does it a few times then stops it sounds like someone has a boat motor and a 50 gallon drum of water and are trying to start it.
Now I’m happy I never found it because it probably would have swallowed me a hole. I will try to safely get a picture or at least a video of the sound
That sounds AWESOME!! Terrifying also, but awesome! I explore our natural habitats with only the fear of big cat and man. Ill stick to the coast in Florida for surfing lol! (Coco beach years ago) lol.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I think mom makes noise when the hatchings come out of the nest! Could be what’s going on! Could be, you will have a slew of them! Or, maybe some kind of mating, call! I think I saw on Nat Geo, that the water kind of jumps and boils a few feet around them when they’re making these calls!
Idk but mating season just started

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

That sounds AWESOME!! Terrifying also, but awesome! I explore our natural habitats with only the fear of big cat and man. Ill stick to the coast in Florida for surfing lol! (Coco beach years ago) lol.
I’ve seen a panther here as well! A lot of big hybrid looking bobcats too

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 20 years, have pics and videos of a wild iguana that befriended me he used to literally knock on my slider in the mornings until I came out then crawl in my lap like a dog lol

Top Bottom