Pot in diff rent pots ?

• Thread starter Alwispy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alwispy

I would but theres no point. Everything around me is mainly bedrock so you cant dig very deep
That’s sure familiar , planted a lawn in same conditions once. I had 20 dump truck loads of loam brought in first. 😎
Raised beds are the only answer in those conditions that worked really well for me anyway. Also depending on any grades you’re dealing with. But overall I like raised beds, not only are they easier to work on (higher! Yes please) but I like how it raises the garden up for better viewing. 😉

A

Alwispy

Well I thought I would post a pic of the same two Mephesto’s. The fabric pot hasn’t caught up to the plastic but both are consistent. The plastic has been slightly ahead of the fabric by a couple inches. Not that this means much, I am still watering 2-3 times more in fab over the plastic.

7E202FD4 578A 448C B5E4 6F56DD901F2F
C869E874 6A41 4DEE A6B9 E32E8F2BDC66
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I have grown in both inside and outdoors I have come to a conclusion 🙃 I have less health issues with fabric pots. Now with these self-watering fabric pot bases. The growth rate is substantial for me. Yes I have a history of over watering 🤫 outdoors the bigger the better and fabric pots are cheap. I have 6 20gallon's going on their 3 season same soil.
But if someone made self-watering bases for up to 30gallon pots they would have something.

20230318 115059
A

Alwispy

I have grown in both inside and outdoors I have come to a conclusion 🙃 I have less health issues with fabric pots. Now with these self-watering fabric pot bases. The growth rate is substantial for me. Yes I have a history of over watering 🤫 outdoors the bigger the better and fabric pots are cheap. I have 6 20gallon's going on their 3 season same soil.
But if someone made self-watering bases for up to 30gallon pots they would have something.
What medium are you growing in ?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Every year it will get better. Do you till in fall leafs?
I do. We have lots of oak trees around here so there are plenty of leaves to till in. We also have lots of long needle pine trees so we use the needles for mulch. I've been trying to compost the needles but those bastards are hard to break down.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I do. We have lots of oak trees around here so there are plenty of leaves to till in. We also have lots of long needle pine trees so we use the needles for mulch. I've been trying to compost the needles but those bastards are hard to break down.
I make lab and I use the cheese in the compost it really speeds thigs up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom