Pot Size And Seedling...

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

hello everyone,!
I am doing my first farm from seed. I have a 1.2 x 1.2 space with (x8) 8 litre fabric pots (root nurse).
With starting from seedling what's the best seedling medium to use to soon be transplanted into coco?
Also I'm wanting to stick to 8 litre pots from veg to end of flower. Is this possible or will I need to go to 10-12 litres after veg. The fabric pots are self air pruned. I was told that you can leave them and they'll be fine because they won't bound their roots.?
I heard that rock wool is good to use for seedling but I've also heard that people struggle with getting them going when they transplant the rock wool into coco. Thanks for any advice giving people✌️

xeamonk

xeamonk

coco

how you going to treat the grow? organic soil style coco or you going to run it hydro?

hiboy

hiboy

Coco Is pretty easy to do
Not sure how big you want to grow your plants I would say 3 gallon minimum
You can transplant straight into them if you want to
what I do is to water the Coco first and take your finger and make a hole and stick the roots straight in there
Hb

Newbie987

Newbie987

Coco Is pretty easy to do
Not sure how big you want to grow your plants I would say 3 gallon minimum
You can transplant straight into them if you want to
what I do is to water the Coco first and take your finger and make a hole and stick the roots straight in there
Hb

I was thinking about germinating them in a damp paper towel in a zippy bag for a few days and then to plant them into a beer cup big enough to hold them for the 3 week until they go into veg and I can move them from my cuboard to my tent

xavier7995

xavier7995

I was thinking about germinating them in a damp paper towel in a zippy bag for a few days and then to plant them into a beer cup big enough to hold them for the 3 week until they go into veg and I can move them from my cuboard to my tent

that's the way I would go, beer cup of coco can support a surprisingly large plant.

ozman

ozman

thats what im doing atm
i got mine in solo cups
so far so good
i got some ice doing really well my first attempt with coco (already wish i had mixed in some perlite)
and i have some og kush just starting there journey through the flower tent.
not sure about flowering in coco yet im not setup to flower like that

20170303 085252 Burst01
20170303 0852571
Newbie987

Newbie987

thats what im doing atm
i got mine in solo cups
so far so good
i got some ice doing really well my first attempt with coco (already wish i had mixed in some perlite)
and i have some og kush just starting there journey through the flower tent.
not sure about flowering in coco yet im not setup to flower like that

How long did they take to get to that decent size? Mine have been going 19 days now and there growing a bit better but There autos and I think there pretty stunted but I think that was because I accidentally under fed them for 2 weeks!
Still healthy and green. Ended up with some minor heat stress but easy problem cured. Just worried that they will get into veg stage very very late which I'm worried they'll end up budding at the wrong time I want

ozman

ozman

the 3 in solo cups are almost 3 weeks old
the 5 og are about 10 days old
im giving the og some mild nutes since there is nothing in the coco for them,and they are little they dont need much right now i dont figure. im using gh 3 part all 3 parts plus a small amount of cal mag every feeding/watering
the 3 ice get a heavier feed and seem to love it,im begining to believe less is more when you feed every watering,i decide the strength by environment and stage and size (mainly depending on how i feel they want or need) they will soon be going into dwc to veg for a week or 2 then off to flower behind the white widow and the clones i got that rooted so my flower room is finally going to get filled up.
should have 5 different strains in jars by the first week of june,looks like im going to be busy for a while.

i guess i should say they also get put into the flower room for almost 12 hrs under 600 watt hps about 30 inches away
then they go back into the t5's about 5 inches so they might get a boost from the hps i dunno doesnt seem to be hurting them or the og atm

i dont know much about autos but they will flower per their genes i believe so you may not have much choice when they start flowering
do you let the coco get a little light in the pot before you water/feed im treating kinda like soil i think it helps get fresh air into the roots by letting the coco get a little dry or light in the pot,dont want to let coco dry out bad mojo to plant lol

Last edited:
Newbie987

Newbie987

Yes, I l
the 3 in solo cups are almost 3 weeks old
the 5 og are about 10 days old
im giving the og some mild nutes since there is nothing in the coco for them,and they are little they dont need much right now i dont figure. im using gh 3 part all 3 parts plus a small amount of cal mag every feeding/watering
the 3 ice get a heavier feed and seem to love it,im begining to believe less is more when you feed every watering,i decide the strength by environment and stage and size (mainly depending on how i feel they want or need) they will soon be going into dwc to veg for a week or 2 then off to flower behind the white widow and the clones i got that rooted so my flower room is finally going to get filled up.
should have 5 different strains in jars by the first week of june,looks like im going to be busy for a while.

i guess i should say they also get put into the flower room for almost 12 hrs under 600 watt hps about 30 inches away
then they go back into the t5's about 5 inches so they might get a boost from the hps i dunno doesnt seem to be hurting them or the og atm

i dont know much about autos but they will flower per their genes i believe so you may not have much choice when they start flowering
do you let the coco get a little light in the pot before you water/feed im treating kinda like soil i think it helps get fresh air into the roots by letting the coco get a little dry or light in the pot,dont want to let coco dry out bad mojo to plant lol

Yes, I let the coco dry up to about an inch deep so I only water on average every 3 days. When i started there nutes they was getting 100 on the ppm but beginner mistake I didn't subtract the water ppm so I gave them 31ppm for 2 weeks. Ended up with purples stalks but when I realised I gave them a good 150ppm after subtracting the water and they've seen to come back abit but I think damage is done

Top Bottom