Pot Size Question for SCROG

• Thread starter Wanderlust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wanderlust

Wanderlust

I posted this in LBH's scrog thread but didn't get any responses. I found a good deal on 10 gallon and 7 gallon pots. Would putting nine 10 gallon pots under a 4x4 scrog net be too much? I've seen grow diaries using four 7 gallon pots with good results, I'm just wondering if the larger pots and/or more plants can benefit yield in a scrog setup.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

9 tens would be tight in a four by. How long you plan on vegging? How many plants you want to do.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The thing is if you veg long enough to justify using tens a scrogged plant can cover s 4x4.4 sevens or three tens might be better.

Wanderlust

Wanderlust

I was planning on vegging for six weeks. Four weeks in 1 gallons, then transplanting and vegging another two weeks under the screens. The seven gallon and ten gallon pots are the same size, just the tens are 4" taller. If I pruned the plants so that the trellis wasn't too crowded, would the plants then focus on the buds that are left and make those bigger?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The tens I use are the same height just a lot wider. I would use tens and do three per 4x4 strain dependant. I have one that would do a four by itself with 6weeks veg.

Wanderlust

Wanderlust

The first 4 weeks of vegging are in smaller 1 gallon pots crammed under T5's and fed lightly, so they are really only about 12 - 16" inches tall depending on the strain, and all about 5 - 6" wide as thats how much space they have. The final two weeks under the 1000s are to train a little under the screens and let the roots stretch out a little. At least thats how I imagine it works, I've never done this before. Do you think the stretch from 3 plants will fill out the screen in this situation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom