Pot Size??

• Thread starter TMurr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TMurr

TMurr

I am looking to build a system and I have the option of 8 gallon or 13 gallon pots. Which would you recommend and why?
Please share the Pros and Cons on both sizes?

Jasa

Jasa

I'm am running a test on that very topic. I just popped the seeds and will eventually put them in 5 gal fabric and 15 gallon fabric pots. We'll see the results in a few months.

Jasa

Jasa

Veg 4 to 6 weeks. Somewhere between 18 and 24 inches. Indoor with standard 8 ft ceilings. All organic supersoil that I took from Master Marks recipe.Rapid Led lights. Automatic watering so they can drink when they want. Only difference is the 15 gal pots have worms from Uncle Jims worm farm.

pbangga

pbangga

Bigger pots usually equates to bigger plants(I can argue this the other way but that’s a different topic) but I think 15 gal for a multiple plant grow might be a bit over kill unless you plan on scrogging them or serious lst and much longer veg times say 12+ weeks. For only doing 4-6 weeks I wouldn’t go above 10 gallons of pot as your roots will still be looking to expand as they are going into flower....I personally like to have my roots damn near taking over when I put them into flower but I run smaller pots in a more airy medium.

TMurr

TMurr

I was hoping to Veg 4 weeks and height is not an issue. The RDWC will be Indoors

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was hoping to Veg 4 weeks and height is not an issue. The RDWC will be Indoors
With rdwc unless growing trees 5gal should be good. The important part is the res size. The more water volume you have the more stable everything will be but also the high cost for nutrients. Imo 4-5gal sites with a 20gal res works well.

BigDaddy

BigDaddy

I am looking to build a system and I have the option of 8 gallon or 13 gallon pots. Which would you recommend and why?
Please share the Pros and Cons on both sizes?
sorry I just saw your post, DEFinitely go with the 13 gallon buckets. Easier because you don't have to change your water out that offen and the plants just grow like a mother. Roots just hitting the bottom when harvesting too

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

sorry I just saw your post, DEFinitely go with the 13 gallon buckets. Easier because you don't have to change your water out that offen and the plants just grow like a mother. Roots just hitting the bottom when harvesting too
Only really an issue with stand alone. In RDWC you have a res so that's where the volume comes from.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
how much light do you plan to use cause vegging 4 weeks in RDWC? You are gonna need some serious wattage for plants that big. No point to grow plants that big unless you can make them produce with enough light.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Unless your growing dwarfs most indoor growers use 3 or 5 gal pots. and i have had some strains outgrow my tent vertically.

Top Bottom