Pot Size

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGKUSH 99

OGKUSH 99

Look's like some bad aresed buds you have goin on there,happy growing in the future.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Hey guys, I just finished my first grow and I'm a bit disappointed due to small yield, I ran 8x Critical in 4x4 tent 3gal pots under 600W HPS, vegged them for aprox 1 month and flowered for 60 days, I just don't understand what I fucked up, I managed to pull 20grams a plant that's an aprox final yield of 160+ grams, and I thought this plant would be a decent yielder or I dunno, maybe it's my first grow and I made mistake at some point.

So for my next grow, I got Critical Kush from barney's farm this time, different genetic, maybe it will go better this time, I plan to scrog them, but I am unsure of number of plants, and pot sizes, to maximize my yield in 4x4 area and get the bang for my buck.

So my options are these: 6 plants in 3 gal pots or 4 plants in 5 gal pots, either option will recieve training, top at 5th node, then wait to grow till screen and start weave etc.

So? 6 plants in 3 gal or 4 plants in 5 gal? Any other advices are welcome on how to maximize my yield in 4x4 area under 600W hps or strains recommendations that yield high and have high thc just like this critical kush.
If you want big yields then you have to have big plants bro. Sometimes a month veg isn't enough. You want to go by the size of the plant, if you want 4+ zips a plant, you need good heavy yielding genetics, and a plant that can support buds that size. A month veg really isn't that much, I won't start a plant in bloom until it's had a couple month veg, pruned properly or until the plant is about 35" plus tall and even wider in horizontal inches, if not its a waste of money. I use 7 gallon pots.
You can also accomplish big yields with a bunch of small plants, grow 50 or a 100 plants vegged to 12", 1 main bud plants and you can get good turnover that way and in much faster periods.

BioStimz

BioStimz

6 plants in 3 gal or 4 plants in 5 gal? Any other advices are welcome on how to maximize my yield in 4x4 area under 600W hps
In a 4x4?

I'd personally go two 20-gallons, and make some big ol' bitches.... but that's me. I won't strangle my babies in small pots.... just to cram more plants in that will end up underperforming due to root-mass constrictions.

What's your max height allowance?

~

brazel

brazel

If you want big yields then you have to have big plants bro. Sometimes a month veg isn't enough. You want to go by the size of the plant, if you want 4+ zips a plant, you need good heavy yielding genetics, and a plant that can support buds that size. A month veg really isn't that much, I won't start a plant in bloom until it's had a couple month veg, pruned properly or until the plant is about 35" plus tall and even wider in horizontal inches, if not its a waste of money. I use 7 gallon pots.
You can also accomplish big yields with a bunch of small plants, grow 50 or a 100 plants vegged to 12", 1 main bud plants and you can get good turnover that way and in much faster periods.
I hope you don't mind but I'd like to add something. I agree with what you said.
What often gets over looked is your skill level. If you want big plants you gotta know your shit! Let soil dry too much roots die, to much food, not enough food, lights wrong distance...etc there's so many variables.
I hear genetics a lot too, are they relative of course. but The genetics aren't going to be worth a shit if you can't give it its Optimum input.

Let's say you have a plant with Awesome Genetics but you feed it poorly, water it poorly, horrible lights... The genetics can't make up for that.

Skill is the real deal!

I constantly read all kinds of stuff.. but it's bomb man it gets me high! Well if you go buy grass-fed hamburger fire up the grill and make a hamburger and you go get one from McDonald's they both get you full right. so are they the same?

I think therefore I am

OGKUSH 99

OGKUSH 99

Is it 35" from floor or bottom of plant ?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Is it 35" from floor or bottom of plant ?
35" from top of the bucket. Lol but remember, know your strain and make sure you have the space because a 35" plant at onset of flower can end up 6 plus feet tall with some strains.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to add something. I agree with what you said.
What often gets over looked is your skill level. If you want big plants you gotta know your shit! Let soil dry too much roots die, to much food, not enough food, lights wrong distance...etc there's so many variables.
I hear genetics a lot too, are they relative of course. but The genetics aren't going to be worth a shit if you can't give it its Optimum input.

Let's say you have a plant with Awesome Genetics but you feed it poorly, water it poorly, horrible lights... The genetics can't make up for that.

Skill is the real deal!

I constantly read all kinds of stuff.. but it's bomb man it gets me high! Well if you go buy grass-fed hamburger fire up the grill and make a hamburger and you go get one from McDonald's they both get you full right. so are they the same?

I think therefore I am
Practice makes perfect!
It's all observe and report, you feed according to the health of your plants.
If you can't throw your plants a little water here and there, and not have to worry about dying roots and all that other jazz, then somethings clearly wrong and probably shouldn't be wasting your light bill clams on something that requires a little bit of effort.

OGKUSH 99

OGKUSH 99

35" from top of the bucket. Lol but remember, know your strain and make sure you have the space because a 35" plant at onset of flower can end up 6 plus feet tall with some strains.
What strains do you know ?.Thanks.

OGKUSH 99

OGKUSH 99

What strains can you help me with that go 6+.Thanks fellow grower.ever heard a lemon merangue-6+ with a 2wk hydro or 4 wk veg soil.

OGKUSH 99

OGKUSH 99

Lemon merangue by emerald seeds...BIG....6+ especially in hydro.HIGH YEILDS.LOOK ABOUT YOU MAY SEE THEM CHEAPER.....10 regular seeds $80-100....

Top Bottom