Pot Sizes and Dwc for Treez

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Just wanted to see what a few of u serious tree farmers thought on this subject.
Do u think pot sizes effect yields in dwc?

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I think not near as much as we think it does.
DamBer haha yea idk i was askin cuz if i have to ima make a new rig if its gonna better myself.
I know its a loaded question honestly comes down to veg time mostly when it comes to flower if u gonna run outta room for ur plants or not.
So i was more along the line of if i only veg 4-6 weeks as it is, would it benefit me to use bigger reservoirs thru flower while normally a five gallon is what i use but would the extra space like as opposed to one of CC 13 gallon square tubs idk honestly?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I want to help but I can't figure out what you are asking anymore....
Seems like if you veg 4-6weeks in dwc you are gonna have trouble with plants being too big no matter what size buckets you are in.
the 13's are a lot taller than the smaller sized currentculture. That was a big eye-opener for me It basically made any room I put them in get real small real quick.

PB

J

Jalisco Kid

In my tanks a 6 week veg would give you a 4- 5' plant. I see a decent advantage to go over 20 gals. . Others who make smaller tanks are not for me as a small tree grower. Those who sell larger(40-80 gal) tanks and tell you it is for a big plant are full of crap.The tanks I made to run my aero I have found to be a sweet spot, for rdwc also. I made myself tanks 69 gals but I say it is for the ease of growth and less stress. Krusty had 3 lbers in 5 gal buckets...

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well ive just always used buckets or tubs. Cant really say if i had better yields in tubs or not i really just dont know.
My question was is it the opinion of others or what did they think. Would i get better yields going to bigger tubs in flower or would it not matter?
5 gallon buckets have been all good up till now but i wouldnt really know any better at this point is all.
Idk maybe ill just do a side by side i think i could swing it once i can get the same cuts rooted and exact so i have a controlled grow situation i can realisticly compare too.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I would take u up on that but im not and im plan on drilling it out anyway and hookin it up to my system but thanks for the offer PB wouldnt hurt me at all to give it a shot really only gonna learn one way is if i just DO IT lol!

sixstring

sixstring

I had a few get away from me in 5 gal where i had to go to a 6 gal bucket and do some root pruning.was one of my better dwc girls i know you seen the pics.dont really see much talk of root pruning in hydro though.i see some pretty nice hydro plants in systems where it's nothing but a pipe or gutter and they gotta root prune to keep shit flowing, heath comes to mind ;)

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I had a few get away from me in 5 gal where i had to go to a 6 gal bucket and do some root pruning.was one of my better dwc girls i know you seen the pics.dont really see much talk of root pruning in hydro though.i see some pretty nice hydro plants in systems where it's nothing but a pipe or gutter and they gotta root prune to keep shit flowing, heath comes to mind ;)
Fosho if i ever vegged that long to where i totally outgrew my bucket with root mass then yea id bump it up for sure for flower so theres lots of answers and variables to my original question i understand that.
Only time i ever prune roots is in veg and i only do it if i know im gonna have a month too recooperate!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Yeah- what amber says. If I could get a 12-15gallon bucket that was squat instead of tall I'd probably still be rockin it out.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yea im real curious if the added width will translate over to bigger yield and is most definetely worth at least seeing whats up it wont take but 20 bux and an hour of my time to build and if it is successful will most def be worth the effort thats fo damn sho. If not well i know i dont gotta put in all the work over the whole system. Lol baby steps hah!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

DSCF1248

I use 20 gallon Rubbermaid Brute garbage can with a 10 inch air stone, 10 inch basket.

More root more Fruit.

The larger you go the more forgiving it can be, plus you can go longer between nutrient changeout

sixstring

sixstring

Yea im real curious if the added width will translate over to bigger yield and is most definetely worth at least seeing whats up it wont take but 20 bux and an hour of my time to build and if it is successful will most def be worth the effort thats fo damn sho. If not well i know i dont gotta put in all the work over the whole system. Lol baby steps hah!
did you build some coolers yet bro?i bet the plants would get wider and yield more under those lamps of yours.giddyup:D

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

No i havent built it yet but i have been messing around witha couple coolers i had laying around from my last build. Lol still not sure how im gonna go about it all but im going to keep the design im currently running with my buckets its too easy.
@sixstring have u built anything? I know u didnt just build a blueprint fo nothin hah!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

In the colder climates you can really capitalize on the weather if you can take some time and run some tubes under the soil to a passive cooler, all you need is a pump that can withstand a salinized solution that would prevent freezing. Just do a water to water cooler.

Peace

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I am going to disappoint some people, I cannot post pictures of plants, but I can talk about tech, and consult on things. It is a personal choice, I hope we all understand.

Peace

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

I too like Canalchemist run the 20Gl. rubbermaid. ($20.00 @ H.D.) UC with 4" bulkheads. Veg for +/- 4 -5 weeks depending on variety. I air prune in 3"net of coco for 3-5 days and then stuff that with ECP into a 5"net. I have developed a sweet areo system that I use in conjunction with DWC in this set up. The areo brings those roots out like nothing I've worked before. Once they drop and hit the solution SHABAM! Most finish in the 5' wide X 5' high.

Top Bottom