Pot Size's

• Thread starter UkCheeseLover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UkCheeseLover

Hiya all i jsut wondered what pot sizes to start from seedling ,i was hoping i could put them in 1 pot from seedling through the vegging phase , into its final pot in the flowering stage , i am going to use 11 litre pot for the flowering stage but i am abit stuck on wat sizes to use through the vegging phase , i will be using a 250 watt cfl , ?

M

Michael_Eaton

How many plants? How big is your grow space?

You typically want to double your container volume from veg to flower...

pork

pork

I've got a very similar question.....Can organic soil be accomplished using small pots and a lot of light? I am building a 90 wpsf setup and was planing on using 10 liters as my final pot size. I'm worried that subcool's or the moonshine mix won't be able to supply enough nutes in that size of container for the amount of light (and co2) i'm going to be adding......

So, if I have to add nutes....Which should I go for?

Q

Qman

Coco

I've got a very similar question.....Can organic soil be accomplished using small pots and a lot of light? I am building a 90 wpsf setup and was planing on using 10 liters as my final pot size. I'm worried that subcool's or the moonshine mix won't be able to supply enough nutes in that size of container for the amount of light (and co2) i'm going to be adding......

So, if I have to add nutes....Which should I go for?

Yeah a 2 1/2 gallon pot would not be adequate to get you all the way through flower. I just tp'd out of 2 gallons into 5 gallons.

The other risk (not a risk; it will happen)you would have is having a root locked grow. If you are going to run 10 liter pots(Correct me if I am wrong anyone) and feeding nutes then your best bet would be to go with Coco....

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I like 16oz cups and then go into the 5 inch squares or 1 gallon

JAWS

JAWS

i run 20oz cups, once filled with roots move to three gallon pots.

L

luvtogrow

i run 20oz cups, once filled with roots move to three gallon pots.
That's close to what i do. Used to do all the potting up 3X usually, now found it simple and no yield loss to just start in a 32oz styro cup, with toothpicked holes in bottom for drainage and aluminum foil folded and molded under cup to catch run off. got the cups in bulk on net very cheap, will never run out. Easily fits 12 across under a 4' floro, i use 2, 2X40w floros and usually start 24 cups. I always sex them in cups at week 3-4 veg and pot up to 5gal at that time. Another week or so to get accustomed to new pot and get roots sprawling and go to 12/12 with 600whpsX3 usually. Much bud little fuss.

T

Teramavolta

1 gallon grow bags are my swiss army knife of pots. if you really need something smaller fold down the side to make it a half gallon.

M

mds1309

I am using 3 gal "Smart Pots" all the way from seedling transplant to flower. They are a fabric type pot that self prunes the roots developing a stronger root system. Check em out, they have worked out fantastic for me!:smoke

JAWS

JAWS

hello there:rasta:
i personaly like a single TP for my style i start in 20oz styro's then move onto TWO litter bottles THREE gallon pots FOUR gallon pots, last time out i ran 6clones from root to full bud in 20oz cups and that was a first and a REAL EYE OPENER as far as how rezilent{SP} this great plant is...

here are a couple shots of some of my last grow..
2LITTER PLANTS

Group clones

TRIP OG POT SIZE SHOT

getting started on this new grow as we speak...
S group shot

S group left

as far as ## i get 24 20oz styros under each 40w 4foot floros, ++ what ever clones i have at the time..
peace out:cool0041:

G

giantsfan24

growing medium

I am using 3 gal "Smart Pots" all the way from seedling transplant to flower. They are a fabric type pot that self prunes the roots developing a stronger root system. Check em out, they have worked out fantastic for me!:smoke

what growing medium do you use in the bags?

Thanks!

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

Hiya all i jsut wondered what pot sizes to start from seedling ,i was hoping i could put them in 1 pot from seedling through the vegging phase , into its final pot in the flowering stage , i am going to use 11 litre pot for the flowering stage but i am abit stuck on wat sizes to use through the vegging phase , i will be using a 250 watt cfl , ?

From what I've read and experience, the plants will more fully utilize the soil when you transplant more often during veg. The roots grow outward, but don't really put root tissue throughout the soil until they hit the side of the pot (or bag). Once in flower, root growth seems to take a backseat, and you don't need to transplant much, if at all.

You can still do it though, and if you're training the plants, transplanting becomes an extra hassle.

For a 250W CFL grow, an 11 liter pot may be all you need. In soil, pot size is one of the critical factors in the yield you'll get, but other factors come into play, too, like light and the strain you're using.

Sativa dominants seem to reward you more for giving them larger pots than indica dominants, so for a cheese grow, you probably won't go terribly wrong with an 11 liter pot.

One thing people need to remember is that everyone's grow room/cabinet/setup is different, and YOU will become the expert using your setup. Go with 11 liters this time around, try a larger pot/bag next time.

A

andytoker

agree with misterdirt. you dot say how many plants but i would say 4 x 11 litre under a 250 cfl sounds good. regular transplanting really helps root mass and avoids watering problems from small plants in big pots.
in organic soil you will find you have many many less problems from making sure your plants arent rootbound. i use 4 x 15 litre pots under a 250 hps

Blucross

Blucross

Last year I grew 12 blueberry beauties finishing under 600watt in those 32oz yogurt containers filled with fortified compost and twice daily 1 inch flooding the table with a nutrient mix @ 6.9-7.0, 1800-1900 ppm with hard water here of 320ppm. They seemed to lack nothing as none of the roots actually venturing out of the containers and fan leaves not yellowing until final 2 weeks.
I was concerned about the roots not coming out of the containers until my lady friend at Greenfire Sacramento said "not to be concerned ! the plants are finding all they need without putting out more roots."
PS. I thought I was a grow God until this year with these new doggone Sativa dominate varieties, no matter what me (in soil) and my son in Hydro seem to be able to handle the apparent cal /mag deficientcy

S

StrongPimpin

Looks to me like some people need to brake down and spend the 40$ for some good pots. I use smartpots. #3 and #5

Top Bottom