Potassium Silicate, Aloe Vera Powder And Sea 90

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

I dunno if this is the right forum, but I was just wondering how well or even if you can combine Agisil potassium silicate, aloe Vera powder and Sea 90. In one gallon of water, I combined about a quarter teaspoon of Sea 90, half a teaspoon of silicate and an eighth of a teaspoon of 200x Aloe Vera powder. Do these three mix "harmoniously" or whatever? Haha.

I have eighteen seedlings (Apollo 11's, Goldstar, Prayer Tower and Clusterfunk) all about five days above dirt and I'm gonna water them tonight with that mixture. Is it too early? Do those three "play nice" with each other? Any ideas/opinions/facts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you thank you!

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Minerals will fall out of the sea90 unless you adjust pH of a K silicate solution first, which would require acid you probably don't need in your spray. You could complex the Si with fulvic, but it won't be enough by itself. I do them separately, sea90 goes nicely with compost tea or on its own. The anti fungal properties of foliar Ksil are enhanced by >8 pH. Not sure about the aloe or specific dosages, but I'd be careful with it depending on growth stage.

How many leaf sets? 5 days Sounds early for me to spray most seedlings, but I'm conservative and start them slow.

Minitiger

Minitiger

First of all, thanks for the detailed response.

Secondly, as I understand it (which probably means I don't understand it at all haha), ph or rather adjusting ph is kind of a non-issue in a truly organic grow. Am I wrong there? My soil mix is lumperdawgz/buildasoil's mix (equal parts peat, pumice and EWC, amended with crab shell, oyster shell, neem, various rock dusts and maybe one or two other things, can't remember the exact recipe off the top of my head, but I'm sure you're familiar with the mix) and my water is from an RO filter with ppm's around 24 (a little high, I'll replace the filters in the next few days). The plants are growing in a a 2:1 ratio of a soil mix I made like four months ago and a soil mix I made about six weeks ago. Both were kept moist, turned regularly and watered every two weeks or so with AACT's consisting of 1.5 cups of EWC and 1/3 cup molasses, brewed for around thirty hours.

Also, the Agisil/sea 90/aloe that I used last night was a soil drench, not a foliar.

You said I could complex the "Si" with fulvic. Not to sound like an idiot, but what's "Si"?

Most of the plants are starting their third set of true leaves, not counting the cotyledon. I went pretty light on the sea 90, aloe and Agisil, just because they are so young. Human nature, though, you know? We always gotta be fucking with shit that doesn't need to be fucked with haha.

And again, thanks for your response, I really appreciate it.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I first thought you were doing just foliar. By Si I meant the silicate, wrong abbreviation. Mineral complexes are sort of like chelates (or not, better to find a smarter reference than me). I use fulvic in reservoirs with soluble silicates. Essentially your AgSil will jack up pH in solution, which is fine and maybe even great for the K silicate foliar (good IPM tool). Problem with mixing sea90 is many minerals don't like dissolving or staying dissolved at such a high pH. And for most foliar nutrition you're better off spraying at close to the plant's internal sap pH, 6-6.5ish, or to be exact buy the expensive Horriba sap meter like mine that now collects dust mostly :shifty:

That potting mix sounds good, it's what I reccomend to friends for simplicity, although mine is usually coco based. I have no experience on AgSil drenches without pH adjustment, but I know some large container and mound growers do it (with fulvic). Personally I'd be wary of saturating too much of the mix though. On the seedlings I'm just cautious with foliar feeding when they're so young and more sensitive, maybe not a problem for vigorous specimens.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, before I forget, when do you add Sea 90 to your compost tea? I meant to ask you that after your initial response, but, uh, I was tired and my memory ain't the greatest haha. I've read that sea 90 is only beneficial re: compost teas if you add it a few hours before the tea is finished, or even after it's finished brewing and right before you apply it to the soil. Is that correct?

There's so much conflicting info regarding pretty much everything online, particularly when it comes to anything related to organic growing.

Also, what's "internal sap"? So weird you mentioned that because I messaged @Seamaiden about this and she also mentioned sap. I thought she meant literally, like, sap, but then I saw your response and figured this is something I should know. I swear I'm not a moron, I've been reading about organic growing and all things related to it for years (emphasis on "reading"; the actual growing didn't start until like ten days ago haha) and I don't recall ever reading about sap. Again, my memory ain't the greatest, I swear I'm not an idiot haha.

Also, as far as dissolving minerals, I added the sea 90 and the K silicate to a gallon of water and stirred it vigorously once every thirty minutes or so for about three hours, then added the aloe, stirred it twice about five minutes apart, then watered the seedlings with it. You think that was the right course of action?

Psssssshhhhh..... What else? I dunno haha. I just got home from work and I'm tired, but I guarantee you I'll ask you a few other things haha.

And again, thank you thank you for responding. I fucking love this site, been lurking for years and occasionally chime in, but I've never seen any posts from you. Gonna check them out shortly.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Also, what's "internal sap"? So weird you mentioned that because I messaged @Seamaiden about this and she also mentioned sap
Yes, the sap's pH can be measured. I use a roll of litmus strips. The closer it is to 6.4 the better your plant is doing and likely the higher its Brix readings will be. Beyond that, I am a moron. :D

Minitiger

Minitiger

Be a little easier on yourself..

Peace,,

Right???? @Seamaiden is trying to call herself a moron? Gimme a fucking break haha.

Speaking of morons (me), I'm still unclear what you mean by "sap" and also don't understand how one would test the ph of it. Do you literally mean, like, sap? Like tree sap? How could I test that?

See? I'm an idiot haha. Plus, I just woke up about an hour ago, still shaking off the cobwebs in my head, was up hella-late fucking with my room. And thank gawd I was, my girlfriend was running a space heater in our bedroom and somehow it tripped the circuit in my grow room, the light shut off, all the fans turned off. So glad I was awake and in the tent. Making me worried that this ghetto-ass house has three rooms running on a single 20 amp circuit breaker. But that's a different issue for a different thread, I suppose.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I forgot about that thread.
Speaking of morons (me), I'm still unclear what you mean by "sap" and also don't understand how one would test the ph of it. Do you literally mean, like, sap? Like tree sap? How could I test that?
Yes, like tree sap. All plants have/make sap, it's part of the nutrient transport system. For cannabis, what I do is take a leaf, snap the petiole and smear it on a litmus strip.

gezza

gezza

I dunno if this is the right forum, but I was just wondering how well or even if you can combine Agisil potassium silicate, aloe Vera powder and Sea 90. In one gallon of water, I combined about a quarter teaspoon of Sea 90, half a teaspoon of silicate and an eighth of a teaspoon of 200x Aloe Vera powder. Do these three mix "harmoniously" or whatever? Haha.

I have eighteen seedlings (Apollo 11's, Goldstar, Prayer Tower and Clusterfunk) all about five days above dirt and I'm gonna water them tonight with that mixture. Is it too early? Do those three "play nice" with each other? Any ideas/opinions/facts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you thank you!
do you have the MSDSs? might give us a clear idea of compatibility

Minitiger

Minitiger

do you have the MSDSs? might give us a clear idea of compatibility

I have no idea what "MSDSs" are....

But thanks for asking. I'll let you know when I figure out what that is.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I usually add sea90 from the start if it's going in tea, or spray by itself, below 6.5pH. You might find this interesting: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...stand-sap-ph-meters-and-refractometers.60736/

Thanks for the link to that thread. That really helped.

As far as adding Sea 90 to compost teas or any soil drench, I think I'll skip that for now. It seems like, from everything I've read, that it works best in foliars. I got a little anxious because my seedlings weren't growing as fast as I'd like them to (who's seedlings ever do? Haha), so I did a total newbie thing and was like,"Well shit then, I guess I better add a bunch of shit to my water!!!" I suspect there were other reasons for the slow growth (insanely low humidity, hovering right around 15%, and I think my Apache was a little too close to the plants). Raised the light about a foot a little earlier today, added a bullshit humidifier and a bucket of water with a towel hanging out (sorry, I'm broke haha), hopefully that'll rectify things.

Anyway, yeah, thanks for that link. I'll utilize the info once my plants get bigger. Stressing right now, but whatever.....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Material Safety Data Sheet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_data_sheet

Cuts through most of the marketing BS so you have an idea of what is actually in the product.

Ah, okay, I glanced at that link. Thank you. I'll read it more thoroughly later.

Sea 90 is just straight sea salts, as I understand it. The Aloe is just straight 200 x aloe Vera powder and the potassium silicate is just powdered potassium silicate. Again, that's as I understand it. The aloe and potassium silicates were sourced via buildasoil (which is a business, so I guess as prone to marketing BS as any other business....). They're not bottled products. I realize that just because they're not bottled doesn't mean there's no possibility of something else being added. But I was under the impression that all three of the products I used were as marketed, with nothing else added.

Having said that, I've read that not every mineral, nutrient, supplement, steroid haha whatever doesn't necessarily have the same benefits when combined as when added to, say, a soil drench, foliar etc singularly or in different combinations at different ratios, during certain times of growth etc etc.

All I was really asking was: can you water seedlings with a combination of potassium silicate, Sea 90 and aloe Vera hahaha!!!! Again, assuming that that's all you were adding, with no added anything.

Sorry, got no sleep last night, worked all day, gotta be up in six hours for work again. But thank you for the info, definitely wanna hear what y'all have to say. I'm not even sure if I'm asking the question clearly enough... It's like some Jedi bullshit.... Haha!

chillywilly

chillywilly

Aaaaaaaaaaa..........gota wake up...hmmm, coming off tnelz, I meen coffee...uh most are not using food grade stuff... cannabis nutes are plant nutes... I got grilledbecause

Latest posts

Top Bottom