Potassium? Something else? Need help.

• Thread starter Gammagoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gammagoat

I think I have a Potassium deficiency, hope someone can confirm or point me in the right direction. I did have a N excess but have corrected that.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clone, Sour D
2. How old are your plants? 17 weeks - 7 in flower
3. How tall are your plants? 18 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gallon bucket w/drain holes
5. What is your soil mix? Promix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every 7 to 8 days RO
7. What is the pH of your water? RO
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? FF trio
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? Led 105watts
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 13 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4.6 sqft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 70-80f 30-40 RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? Unknown
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Fungus Gnats- a few after water/feed.
16. How much experience do you have growing? Zip

My last watering was two days ago and was RO w/cal/mag 1 tsp per gallon PH'd to 6.3. My last feeding was on 3/27, 3tsp of Big Bloom (0 - 0.5 - 0.7) 2 tsp Tiger bloom (2-8-4) and cal/mag(1-0-0) 1 tsp per gallon solution was PH'd to 6.2. I also add 1 tsp per gallon of mosquito bits to every feed/water.

Here are some pics I took last night
Potassium something else need help

Potassium something else need help 2

Potassium something else need help 3

Potassium something else need help 4
Potassium something else need help 5

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Id like to jear what others say. I want to say you arent feeding enough if its only once a week. How dry are your pots when you feed? Do you water with plain RO? Plain RO is empty/void of elements. So you are going to pull elements from the soil and plant. I believe this is what occurs...lets see what others have to say

G

Gammagoat

Let me fill in some blanks while we wait.

I had been under watering, so was advised to water to run off. I was also advised to start a water/feed schedule to help with salts build up. I have been using pot lift method so it takes about 7 days for bucket to become "feather light". I've been using full nutes according to the FF schedule. Prior to this I was watering and feeding twice a week at about 2/3rds nute strength.

As for cal/mag I've followed what the bottle says, 1tps per gallon. Which I give whether it water only or feed.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Those fungus gnat babies could be eating your roots.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Let me fill in some blanks while we wait.

I had been under watering, so was advised to water to run off. I was also advised to start a water/feed schedule to help with salts build up. I have been using pot lift method so it takes about 7 days for bucket to become "feather light". I've been using full nutes according to the FF schedule. Prior to this I was watering and feeding twice a week at about 2/3rds nute strength.

As for cal/mag I've followed what the bottle says, 1tps per gallon. Which I give whether it water only or feed.
If it helps, I use coco and tap water my tap water is just like 60-90ppm I ad calmag till it's 200ppm that's 0.4 e.c , if I don't take my tap to 200ppm by add-in calmag I get problem, not saying that's yours, but try the same twke your water to 200ppm not more, I think the bottle saying full strength is is probably taking your water over 200ppm,,, I think my bottle says 1ml a litre but I add juat under half that, I add 4.3ml of calmag to 10 litres of water and it make my water now 200ppm

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey can you post a canopy picture of your plants..
a leaf or two is no big deal, how bad do they look?

G

Gammagoat

Those fungus gnat babies could be eating your roots.

I have been adding mosquito bits to every water and feed cycle. What I see is one or two flying around after watering/feed. I really dont even see them in my grow space.

I think the bottle saying full strength is is probably taking your water over 200ppm,,,

Ding ding, RO water ppm 2 with 1 tsp cal/mag ppm 362.

G

Gammagoat

one gnat- 50,000 eggs- larvee in soil., eating away at the roots.,

Understood, however I don't believe that is the only problem I'm dealing with here. And I have been treating them at least once weekly. I may hit them with some hydrogen peroxide if you think its necessary.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Understood, however I don't believe that is the only problem I'm dealing with here. And I have been treating them at least once weekly. I may hit them with some hydrogen peroxide if you think its necessary.
Just put an two inches of perlite on the top. Or fill the rest of the pots with perlite. And fill the drip trays with perlite as well. That should take care of the adults thus halting life cycle. And put yellow sticky traps on top of that.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Too much nutes. Full strength fox farm directions is too much. Caused lockout and the plant is eating itself instead.

flush down to below 1.4 ec at least.

Next time try half strength. I like to start at 15-25% of directions and work up slowly.

G

Gammagoat

Just put an two inches of perlite on the top.

I'm giving up on mosquito bits, perlite seems a no brainer now that I have looked into it. Gonna water in a little DE also. Thanks

Too much nutes. Full strength directions is too much.

I'm giving up on FF, probably just me but I just cant seem to find a way to use this stuff.

I have GH florabloom and floramicro, I think the Lucas formula maybe less trouble for me.

flush down to below 1.4 ec at least.

May be a dumb question, plant is wet right now. Can I go ahead with flush now or should I wait until it drys off? Also can I give her a light feed right after flush?
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm
fox farm

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm giving up on mosquito bits, perlite seems a no brainer now that I have looked into it. Gonna water in a little DE also. Thanks

I'm giving up on FF, probably just me but I just cant seem to find a way to use this stuff.

I have GH florabloom and floramicro, I think the Lucas formula maybe less trouble for me.

May be a dumb question, plant is wet right now. Can I go ahead with flush now or should I wait until it drys off? Also can I give her a light feed right after flush?

If she has not been watered too often already and the medium has plenty of drainage yes you can but she will give overwater symptoms for a while.

the other way to look at it is the damage is done. If it’s not too long to dry out maybe wait a bit?

can’t really advise further. But it’s not fox farm. Any fertilizer can be too much.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Maybe get the environment better might help aswell, day 80-82 Humidity 50-60% i was told that buy aquar man for led he knows his stuff
Night 72min 74-76 be better because the high day temps needed for led, problem with running led you need higher temps then hps and the humidity is hard keep in range

G

Gammagoat

humidity is hard keep in range
You can say that again. And I'm sure your right, The only thing holding me back from using VPD chart is low humidity.

Running two humidifiers, running shower every couple of hrs. Its tough when ambient is in the single digits. This gets me to 45rh by day and around 55-60 with lights on, just not for the full twelve hours.

I'm looking into getting two more humidifiers or possibly a portable swamp cooler.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I run hps for years, I finally went to led last year hard great yield only done 3 grows and my humidyy was about where yours is 30-45, the leave looked like shit bus buds looked cracking, i now run led and Hps, so I can run how temps 75-77 And Humidiy is good again now,

I use to run 600 hps now I have 2 leds 1 hps in centure of them , it's great I can dim the hps is gets to hot and turn the led up and vice versa

I'm guessing your trying to keep the electric down you could run a 400 hps and sod the led , I actually used more electric running pure led because i had to use heaters for day time to get temps up

Latest posts

Top Bottom