Potency level and Bud size..

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

Cool. I just watched Mr Cannucks Grow's latest video, and it seems like he rapes his plants by striping the leaves off throughout the life cycle leaving the plants constantly bare. And at the end of harvest, the plants only yielded Nuggs.. I have to think that more leaves equals more power to the plant.. But what do I know??

My first grow is coming to the end, and I have some big ass Budz... I defoliated at times, but not near the level he does..

Madbud

Madbud

You need at least 30x to check the calyx trichomes for color, cheap scopes 60-100x are around $20. Clear and cloudy is too soon, the trichs should be getting some whiskey colors when ripe.

Growingfather

Growingfather

You need at least 30x to check the calyx trichomes for color, cheap scopes 60-100x are around $20. Clear and cloudy is too soon, the trichs should be getting some whiskey colors when ripe.

When to harvest is a preference thing. Hash maker usually harvest a week early to maintain that light, white color in their trichs

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the main cola, at the top is more potent than all other buds.

just read a peer reviewed article on this! (thank you Canada!) it said a lot, but the bottom line is that the main cola, at the top, seems to have more THC. that is without training of any kind (to keep the experiment variables down) the experiment in process now is checking the same stuff, but they fimmed the main so there are 2, the hypothisis is that both will "act" like mains, and each have the higher thc at the top. but that is in process, wont know for a bit. the experiment says the plant wants to shoot the most effort into the "main" cola. the others colas are not measuring as high % thc as the main, and the lower part of the main not as much as the top. the numbers are not huge differences, but they are considered statistically significant.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

All depends on strain. My trichs are usually cloudy when ripe. In these strains, amber means its already losing potency. Some plants rot and are worthless by time you see amber.

Madbud

Madbud

All depends on strain. My trichs are usually cloudy when ripe. In these strains, amber means its already losing potency. Some plants rot and are worthless by time you see amber.
True that, the main point is to check trichs on flowers not sugar leaves and wait til they get cloudy not clear.

Dan789

Dan789

Cool. I just watched Mr Cannucks Grow's latest video, and it seems like he rapes his plants by striping the leaves off throughout the life cycle leaving the plants constantly bare. And at the end of harvest, the plants only yielded Nuggs.. I have to think that more leaves equals more power to the plant.. But what do I know??

My first grow is coming to the end, and I have some big ass Budz... I defoliated at times, but not near the level he does..
Exactly my thoughts... The largest cola’s I’ve ever grown weren’t from stripped bare “lollipop’d“ plants...

Top Bottom