Potency Theories!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I harvested these early and I am noticing the potency getting better and better on a specific plant ....overall I'm very impressed on how potent these premature buds are I figured they would be half as potent.....they were harvested first week of Sep I figured they all needed weeks maybe even a month or more on some but there was one that was maybe a week or so but ......come to find out that one had root rot so that got me thinking of forced senescence. Any thoughts or questions
IMAG0587
IMAG0593
IMAG0598
IMAG0589

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Everything was dried together and wasn't separated until jarring time and is finally starting to developed distinctions. ... so far there's a Lemon pepper skunk, lime, citrus, one not sure because of present alfalfa preemy smell still there

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This harvest has been at my highest elevation,most stressful and so far it's the most potent, even at a premature harvest......specific tolerable stresses must translate in more potency, not to say pampered plants aren't potent! Plants that flourish through stressful environments for me have been the most potent.....

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Glad yer happy with 'em;
a lotta folks like the early harvested buds--
watch out for them sativas tho...

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

im late AGAIN DAMNNIT! but id like to say in my few years of growing ive noticed small yielders blow away others in potency at times. I also will not lie to my fellow farmers I will choose a specific flower starting at week 4-5 of flower to test potency throughout grow cycle, that way I know my patients aint being grredy lol

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Glad yer happy with 'em;
a lotta folks like the early harvested buds--
watch out for them sativas tho...
I am happy man thanks, I was really worried about lack of potency and no body effects but I'm getting a plethora of Fx from just four plants....these plants needed anywhere from 4-6 more weeks but unfortunately I had to force senescence and cut my losses...interesting experience though I'm coming out with some education in the decarboxylation lol I still have to learn how to spell it

im late AGAIN DAMNNIT! but id like to say in my few years of growing ive noticed small yielders blow away others in potency at times. I also will not lie to my fellow farmers I will choose a specific flower starting at week 4-5 of flower to test potency throughout grow cycle, that way I know my patients aint being grredy lol
Never too late, Danks for sharing. What you think of turning a preemy harvest into some couch lock sleepy medicine via specific curing procedure

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

^^^^I'm looking for honest criticism, how early or preemy do these look. Thanks in advance

DC105

DC105

I'm not sure why potency would correlate with size directly. Since there is such a range of sizes of phenotypes that can carry either an indica or sativa dominance, I'd say that it isn't the case.

As for 'special' breeding techniques, I really don't think there are any. They are just regular breeding techniques. If you keep selecting and breeding the most potent plants, it will start to stabilize the potency.

There is a plant called sour diesel, it's fairly common. There are plenty of different breeders with sour diesel seeds.

Tell us more of this diesel you speak of! :confused:

DC105

DC105

I know some breeders that find the perfect female for potency and then use the smallest yet stinkiest male to breed her with. This helps keeps the dominance of the female. Often the stinkiest male keeps potency up there. I find this works very good if you have the perfect female. If she is just great I go for male size and stinkiness. For some reason, I've found smaller phenos often, but not always are more potent.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Males are becoming more of interest these days and the shelf life of stored pollen thanks for dropping in and to your contribution

Top Bottom