Potential room setup

• Thread starter Weekend Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weekend Farmer

Ok, I've mentioned I'm looking to set up a new grow space. Here is what I'm looking at, please comment on what I'm missing, or doing right.

The space is 3.5'x6'x8'

Here are the materials I'm looking at using

3'x4' ebb & flow table
Magnum XXL reflector
1000w light and ballast
Mylar for the walls
1/10 chiller
465 cfm exhaust fan
180 cfm intake fan
210 cfm fan with ducting for light
hooks and chains to hang lights

I've thought about CO2, but it's not in the budget this go around. Any thoughts or additions let me know.

WF

pokey

pokey

if i were you(which im not) i would save on hydro and use a 600 watt because 1000 is overkill for the space. use one inline fan and run it through the refletor to cool the light and the room. and just paint the walls flat white and save on the mylar no need for a chiller either. and if you want co2 just use baking soda and a dripper of vinegar on a timer

E

easypleasie

You're on the right track Weekend. My veg room is about the same size and I use the Magnum xxl with a 1k horti on a light mover. I had a 600 in there but the 1k blows it away. I use a 430 cfm fan for the hood and a 415 cfm for air extraction with passive intake. The 1k will really heat up the room so getting temps under control is vital! If your res is in the room, that chiller may be needed. You definitely want to keep the water temps low. I wouldn't worry about c02 till you get everything else dialed. It's a waste since you're exhausting the room. And it's a little more involved if you want to add co2 the right way. Oh, and mylar is a pain in the ass! Flat paint will work just fine. The mylar can actually heat things up a bit.

It all comes down to what works out best for you and your space. Good luck!

W

Weekend Farmer

Alright. I hope I'm on the right track. I've actually already ordered a lot of the stuff I don't already have.

As of now i have the light and the ballast, I went with the great white reflector, cause I found a good price on it. I've also got a inlet and exhaust fan, along with a inline fan for the light on the way. As well as an RO system. I'm still up in the air on the chiller. My reservoir almost has to be in the same room as the table and light. I'm hoping the improved ventilation will help with reservoir temps. If worse comes to worse I can add it later. Now the only thing is to rebuild the wall for my grow space. I should have it all up and running in about 1 - 2 months and I will make sure to post pics when its done.

WF

D

doco

A cover for the res might help keep humidity down a little in that setup. I just ran a flood table setup without one and my humidity was much higher than when running ebb & flow buckets with the res outside the tent. Its probably obvious but you'll want some airstones in it too.

W

Weekend Farmer

yeah I was planning on running a cover on the res with plenty of air inside.

Top Bottom