Potential seedling issues...any help appreciated

• Thread starter Abbazabba85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abbazabba85

Abbazabba85

I'm just starting out so I may be a little paranoid, but I believe I have a mutated seedling. The other one is drooping some. I think I may have over watered them, but I'm not sure. My temp is at 74 with 40% humidity. My light is at 50% roughly 18" away. Color seems good and I don't see any major issues outside the one drooping some and the mutated leaves on the other. The strain is Do-si-dos from cropking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Potential seedling issuesany help appreciated
Potential seedling issuesany help appreciated 2
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

To me it looks dry. Idk why people only water a sprinkle around the plant. I make sure the entire medium is watered and I make sure theres good air flow in the room and in the root zone. Try raising light to 24 inches. I raised my light and stopped seeing issues like the mutated leaves and drooping.

Abbazabba85

Abbazabba85

To me it looks dry. Idk why people only water a sprinkle around the plant. I make sure the entire medium is watered and I make sure theres good air flow in the room and in the root zone. Try raising light to 24 inches. I raised my light and stopped seeing issues like the mutated leaves and drooping.
The upper area looks dry, I admit...but when I pick the pot up it still has some decent weight to it...I top watered it some on the 15th...but I will most likely add some R.O to it later today! Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it.

Abbazabba85

Abbazabba85

The upper area looks dry, I admit...but when I pick the pot up it still has some decent weight to it...I top watered it some on the 15th...but I will most likely add some R.O to it later today! Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it.
Also I'm using those bottom feed, wicking pots...I read they help keep pests like fungus gnats away by keeping the upper soil less moist...

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Also I'm using those bottom feed, wicking pots...I read they help keep pests like fungus gnats away by keeping the upper soil less moist...
I'm using Autopots and coco for growing which uses a wicking setup for watering (uses a toilet like float). The instructions for the first couple weeks include that the roots aren't long enough the first couple weeks and you need to top water. When starting seedlings I use 18 watt led lights which work well and no nutes at all. FWIW.

Good luck with your grow.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

If your medium is coco then it needs to be watered more often and should not be allowed to dry out. Keep it moist.

Creating optimal conditions is how to correct this, the light, the watering, and the air flow should be as optimal as possible. Temp, RH, PH, light intensity and distance, air flow in root zone...they all should be as close to ALREADY TRIED AND TRUE METHODS which have been explained here on the forum over and over. Search the threads with a notebook in hand, write down exactly what needs to be done and then implement those tactics exactly as stated.

Lots of people will have differing opinions but youll see the same general information in multiple different threads, take the general consensus and use those tips.

The pot lift method will take time to gain that kind of experience. You can start to guage the weight but if youre relatively new to growing then you may not recognize the difference between fully watered and underwatered which is why im suggesting someone elses watering schedule, itll already be tried and true and work well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom