Potential Soil PH issues Advice needed

• Thread starter Ronan526
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ronan526

All,

Second grow under way I am noticing deficiencies in my garden 6 plants currently. I am using Plant magic soil supreme (I believe this maybe the issue) I have mainly been watering with no additives except from my last watering where I gave a quarter dose of nutrients to my plants. I have done run off tests which are coming out at PH 4-5 and PPM 2000 - 2500 which is way too low PH and way too high PPM's however when i complete a slurry test the PH seems more reasonable but also low considering I used PH 7.3 water to use for the slurry PH 6.3, 6.0 and 5.7 and PPM is also very low from 100-250. Would you recommend a full feed with higher PH rating like a 7.0 to try and balance the soil or should i transplant into a different soil like Bio Bizz all mix. Thanks R.

Potential soil ph issues advice needed
Potential soil ph issues advice needed 2
Mimosa phjpg
Mimosa ppmjpg
Northern phjpg
Northern ppmjpg
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

From the company website:

"A special blend of Sphagnum Peat with Fytocell foam and our Organic Growth Stimulant, providing a superior growing medium. Fytocell foam is 100% Bio-degradable and harmless to the environment. It is also excellent at retaining moisture with a great aeration rate. Our Organic Growth Stimulant has been extracted from prehistoric plants and animal remains that have decomposed naturally over millions of years."

Sounds like peat, foam, and crude oil. Didn't see any nutrients in their description, though they did state that the growth stimulant would feed microbes. Also no mention of buffering. Peat without buffering will go acidic as it decomposes.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

It's probably peat, vermiculite, and humic acid. It might be a good base if you mixed your own soil. I would transplant into something else.

P

Paradiced

I wouldn't worry about the run off pH in that soil. It has very little bearing on the potential nutrient uptake in that soil. Put the pH aside I'm thinking.

Top Bottom