Potential yields w/ UC 13 gal and SCROG?

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seed Buyer

I am toying with the idea of setting up a 12 plant UC scrog system and was looking for some insight. I have been scroging my moms for years but have never bloomed plants in this manner. Utilizing the UC 13 gal containers and striving for each plant to fill out a 5'x5' screen do yall think 2lb's per plant would be achievable? I realize this is a broad question w/ alot of missing variables, but will this type of system support root growth needed to achieve those kinds of yields?

C

crossouttheiis

I would go over Jacks thread on his second or third grow he had four plants a light. As long as you would be able to get the same sort of canopy, I think it is possible. He hit around 2 lbs a plant with vertical and those were in 13 gallon. You are right though there is so many variables, because all plants have different growth rates and such... I would just pull the trigger and try is out.

S

Seed Buyer

Ideally I would like to do a vertical grow, but my future space may be limited to 7' vertical height and I would also be limited to 12 plants. Also thinking about using the Master Blaster 1500 watt HPS (heard Lumatek is bringing out a 2K HPS light). Loved Jacks grows and I am rooting for you w/ your UC Pro adventure!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well if your real good you should be able to do 2# but there is a real difference between being a good grower and being the knock it out of the park guy. I think setting realistic goals is the first thing to do and not set yourself up to Fail. No problem dreaming but lots of people fail at this the first time or so and pack it in. There is a price to pay when learning. I would be happy with 1 lb per plant after a few grows.

C

crossouttheiis

If space is limited like you are saying I would just scrog it out. Or you could always make your own and find buckets that are lowering to the ground. It just really depends on a lot of things like you said earlier. It depends on how many lights you can run and all of that too. 12 is not bad more then having the ability to grow 0 and be outside of a med state.

woodsmaneh is right though it will take a bit before you can get your stuff dialed in. There is a lot to learn and I have been through most of it. It sucks but at least you slowly get your investment back.

thanks I am excited as well. I guess we will see how well this can do. With the grobot it should pretty much be on autopilot :)

C

chillsmoker

sounds pretty sweet man, dialed in you should be able to get close to that. The scrog with the even canopy will help tremendously, pending all other enviro conditions are stable

Top Bottom