Potentially ongoing random indoor question thread

• Thread starter Megas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Megas

Megas

Hey so I figured I'd start a thread for questions that pop into my head rather than creating a ton of threads. Which also can be used by anyone to ask randomish questions that maybe aren't that important.

So first question I was thinking about was how big of an increase yield did you see going from a 400/600w to a 1000w bulb?

Also what is the minimum size you use for your container/pot?

I just helped a buddy finish up a stellar grow with some nice Afgan genetics but I'm kinda curious how much more we could have got with a bigger bulb or a bigger container. Which one would have made a bigger difference? I am not complaining about thr grow itself it was the best ones yet.

p.s. Foxfarms :party0042:

H

HappyGrower

I started growing with a 400 MH & HPS lamps. 1 for each cycle. Strain growen was C99/Diesel. Yield was about 3/4oz pp. Branchs were spaced about 2" apart, and ended up with a bunch of small buds opposed to 1 large center bud.
Switched over to a 1000MH for Veg, and now the plants grow much much tighter. The branch nodes are less then 1/2" apart. And there is many more branchs compaired to growing under a 400w lamp. I really noticed the differance when i started them in the flower cycle. Went from a 400w Hps to 1 -1000w Hps & 1 - 400w Mh bulbs under the same hood. 1st plant harvested produced 2 ozs of very lemony/diesel smelling buds that also have lots of crystals. Plant was only 20" tall when harvested. I had to start with seeds, so this is why the plants ended up growing at different rates. Some turned into the Sativa Phenos grew to 4' tall, and the others when the way of the Indica, Short and squat. But, I do have a Larger yield since i upped the amount of lights the plants receive, and would recommend this to anyone else out there.

Hope this helps, HappyGrower :joint:

Megas

Megas

Thats quite a significant increase. The closer branches definitely makes sense with the increased light too obviously but good to see the bud increase is that much.

Top Bottom