potluvr's first coco grow!

• Thread starter USApotluvr1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USApotluvr1

Hey farmers! I figured I would start a thread on my first coco grow, thanks to Texas Kid and all you other coco freaks out there for lettin' me pick your brain.

I am going to do 2 seperate strains. The first is Sagarmatha Double Diesel auto, and the 2nd is Barney's Farm Night Shade.

My auto Double Diesel is being grow in a HTG grow tent with dimensions of 20" x 36" x 54" and the Night Shade is being grown in a DR 100 with dimensions of 39.5" x 39.5" x 72".

The Double Diesel is under 2-85 watt cfls (6500 k), and 1-150 watt HPS, and I can add 2-125 watt (3000 k) cfls for added light if needed. The Night Shade is going to be vegged under 600 watts MH in my digital 600, and when I flip to 12/12, I will put this and the other Barney's Night Shade under the 400 watt HPS w/air-cooled hood. This will be a side-by-side comparison grow with 1 modified waterfarm (made more holes and enlarged existing ones) and the medium is 70/30 coco/hydroton, that will be fed 15 mins. at 6 am. (I may increase the feedings to 2x a day, every 12 hrs. for 10 mins). The other waterfarm is stock, and hydroton medium.

Exhaust-Both tents are hooked up to an exhaust that is powered by a 450 cfm 6" inline fan/carbon filter, and thermplex ducting is vented out of the tents and into my closet attic. I have a small carbon filter in my small tent if needed.

Nutes-The auto will get GH Flora base nutes (using the Lucas formula of just Micro and Bloom), and will get AN Sensizyme and Cal-Mag throughout and I will start to add bloom boosters such as GH Koolbloom, and AN Overdrive and Flora Nectar too. 10 day flush with Flora Kleen.
The Barney's Night Shade will get Dutch Master Gold Grow A & B, AN Sensizyme, Cal-Mag, for veg. For blooming, I will use DM Advanced Bloom A & B, GH Koolbloom, AN Overdrive, GH Flora Nectar, and AN Sensizyme and Cal-Mag throughout.

Here are 3 pics, the first is the Double Diesel tap root showing through the rapid rooter, and the 2nd is the first feeding of my Double Diesel seedling, and the third is the large tent and the waterfarms ready for action! potluvr

Potluvrs first coco grow
Potluvrs first coco grow 2
Potluvrs first coco grow 3
S

sirshamus

looking nice so far, think you'll love coco. my girls in veg and the preflower room are in my first batch of reused coco. did nothing to it but, take the bigger roots out, still some smaller one mixed in. girls look pretty healthy, coco rocks.

U

USApotluvr1

Hey sirshamus!

Thanks for stoppin' in, dude! The Barney's Nightshade 2 out 3 germed and are in rapid rooters, all 3 Mdanzig Blueberrys have germed (in 12 hrs. in paper towel and on heat mat). I still have 1 LA CON, and 1 Night shade still in the first 24 hrs since I germed them. But the Nightshade is short and stocky, and all indica 22% thc/1.2% cbd. And it will be fun to see them growing side-by-side and test which grows best (I like weighing the pros and cons of using different mediums). I have only had incredible results with the waterfarms using them with no mods at all. So it will be cool to document to all the farmers an actual growing experiment. potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good morning potheads! All three Barney's Nighshades are in rooters and starting to shed their shells(I will keep the strongest 2 for my comparison grow!). And the Double Diesel auto is looking healthy so far. potluvr

D

Dr Herbal

Go on mate you look like ya of to a good start :)
will stick arond for this should the a great show:)
glad you desided to go down he coco road :) i never had such healthy plants than with coco great stuff just remember use plain water evey 3rd watering
peace mate :)

R

Rural_GrowOp

Doing good man. Switching to coco huh I think I'm gonna do the same as soon as I use all the soil I bought. Keep it up bro I'll be following along.

U

USApotluvr1

Sup', guys?!

Hey farmers, thanks for your kind words!
Doc-I am feeding in a waterfarm, I hook the pump up for 15 mins every morning, so should I hand water every third day, with ph adjusted water only? potluvr
Rural-I have heard amazing thing about coco, so I had to try it, and I haven't ever seen anyone with a bad experience with coco!

R

Rural_GrowOp

Me too. The yields that people are getting out of 4L pots is amazing. I'm definitely gonna make the switch soon. Glad I got a couple friends on here that are doing it cause I know I'm gonna have a few ?'s.

K

Kushfan01

Premium Member
Supporter
I love coco use bcuzz coco in the bag and pbp line works great!

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good morning tokers!

I have decided to run 3 Barney's Nightshades, each in their own waterfarm (the last LA CON wasn't viable). I am doing 2 in 70% coco/30% hydroton. They will be given AN Monkey Grow and Bloom (A & B). The other will get the Dutch Master nutes as planned and no mods to the waterfarm. I will get some pics when they are in there waterfarms. Should be later today!

The Double Diesel is looking well, and is focusing on root growth, and then it will start to explode (I hope!).
potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

I have made some more adjustments to this grow.

I am running all coco/hydroton (except for the 1 waterfarm where I am running the side-by-side grow).

I ordered a 5l bottle of Hesi Coco nutes, that will be used in my 2 waterfarms with Nightshades in them, the other waterfarm will get Dutch Masters Gold base nutes.
The other waterfarm with the 4 gal res I had Blueberry going, but I took it out and will be adding 2 Sagarmatha Seeds auto Smurfberry (was out of stock, but they got more in yesterday!!). They will be given DM Gold base nutes also. They are under 600 watts of MH (65,000 lumens).

The small tent- the Double Diesel auto is growing well, so I turned on the 150 watt HPS (I am using the GH lucas formula with base nutes for both waterfarms).
I am waiting for my White Dwarfs to get here, then 1 will go in the other waterfarm. Maybe today or tomorrow!!

couple of pics: Pic 1 is the large tent and the 3 Nighshades. Pic 2 is the Double Diesel. potluvr

DSCF0038
DSCF0039
U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Hey sports fans!!

Small Tent Update-

The White Dwarfs are here, so I am germing 2 with the healthiest going in the waterfarm. The other auto in the small tent is looking healthy, and starting to grow. Both of these have a 70/30 coco/hydroton medium, and will be fed GH base nutes (Using Flora Micro and Bloom, and the Lucas formula).

Large Tent Update-

I culled the Nightshade in the waterfarm with hydroton only, and put the 70/30 coco/hydroton medium in all of the waterfarms, in both tents.
I am germing 2 Kushberrys, and the healthiest will go in one of the waterfarms. When my Smurfberrys arrive, I will put 2 in the larger waterfarm. The Kushberry and Smurfberrys will be fed Hesi Coco base nutes, while the 2 Nightshades will continue to get Dutch Master Gold base nutes.

2 pics, the first is my Barney's Nightshades. The second is my Double Diesel. potluvr

DSCF0043
DSCF0044
U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good morning farmers!!

Seed update-2 of 3 Kushberrys germed and are in rapid rooters, 1-3 White Dwarfs germed and are in rapid rooters too. They will go in waterfarms in the big tent when ready.

The Barney's Nightshades are doing well so far!

And the Double Diesel is too!!

3 pics, first 2 are Nightshades and the third is DD! potluvr

DSCF0045
DSCF0046
DSCF0047
U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Hey farmers!! Update-I germed 3 Smurfberrys last night and they will go in rapid rooters today. I am planning on putting 1 Smurfberry in the small tent, and either 1-2 in the large tent.

My Kushberry seedling is going to go in the large tent when it's taproot shows!

The 2 White Dwarfs shedded their heads last night, and will both go in my large waterfarm when ready.

The 2 Nightshades in the large tent are growing well and healthy.

The Double Diesel is starting to take off now, and still lookin' okay!

Changes-I added pure coco to the tops of all 7 waterfarms, and made sure the rapid rooters were covered to minimize them drying out between feedings. And the drip ring splashes much less with it filled to the top!

2 pics, first is 2 Barney's Nightshades, second is the DD. potluvr
The

DSCF0056
DSCF0054
P

punkadc

looks good, potluvr... seems like a good idea, covering everything with a layer of coco!:yes

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Hey punk, I have a mix of 70/30 coco/hydroton, but the top I went with pure coco, baby!

Large tent update:

I have all 4 waterfarms going now, with 2 White Dwarfs in the large waterfarm, 1 Kushberry, and 2 Nightshades.
They seem to be doing well, and I am staying with Dutch Master base nutes in all 4 waterfarms.

Small tent update:

I have the Double Diesel in 1 watefarm, and the Smurfberry in the other. I am staying with GH base nutes throughout this grow (I have hesi coco, maybe I'll try that next run?).

First pic is my 2 Nightshades, 3rd is Kushberry, 2nd are 2 White Dwarfs, 4th is Double Diesel, and last is the Smurfberry! potluvr

DSCF0058
DSCF0059
DSCF0060
DSCF0061
DSCF0062
U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good morning coco maniacs!!

Update-

Large tent-Every thing is healthy, and all are taking off nicely.

Small tent-I had heat stressed my DDiesel, with what I thought was dropping the light too low, but it is more likely from inadequate air flow, so last night I added a second fan, and turned the other on high. Now the DDiesel is recovering!!! Happy morning for me to see that green look returning. Thanks again to all who helped me in the infirmary.

Pics-1st pic is the 2 White Dwarfs, 2nd is the Kushberry, 3rd is the 2 Nightshades, 4th is the Double Diesel, and last is the Smurfberry. potluvr

DSCF0065
DSCF0066
DSCF0067
DSCF0068
DSCF0069
U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good morning farmers!

Update-

Big Tent-The Nightshades are really growing now, and so is the Kushberry. The White Dwarfs are looking healthy, too!

Small Tent-The Smurfberry is looking healthy, and the DDiesel is looking better, too!

Pic 1 is the 2 White Dwarfs, 2nd is Kushberry, 3rd and 4th are the Nightshades,, 5th is Smurfberry, and 6th is DDiesel. potluvr

DSCF0073
DSCF0075
DSCF0076
DSCF0077
DSCF0078
DSCF0079
ShortStackz

ShortStackz

Looking good. I'm also on my first coco grow but hand watering. Your coco also looks more chunky than mines, what brand is it?

U

USApotluvr1

Hey ShortStackz!

Yes, it is a chunky blend, I got from HTG online, the brand is Sunleaves. potluvr

Latest posts

Top Bottom