Potting issue.

• Thread starter Chris Mullen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

I need to re pot into somthing a bit bigger, wheb repotting i only had this 10L one to hand, would repotting in the next coming weeks stress the plant too much?

Potting issue
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
No.I prefer to replant as much as possible and usually plant directly into my final container... but your plant looks pretty healthy and happy, so I don't think it will stress it much if you do it carefully and without disturbing the roots too much. I just make a whole in the new container about the siize of the old pot and just pop the plant, roots and all, into the waiting hole. Moistening the dirt 1st makes it easier to transplant as one solid mass instead of dirt falling off of the roots during the move.

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

No.I prefer to replant as much as possible and usually plant directly into my final container... but your plant looks pretty healthy and happy, so I don't think it will stress it much if you do it carefully and without disturbing the roots too much. I just make a whole in the new container about the siize of the old pot and just pop the plant, roots and all, into the waiting hole. Moistening the dirt 1st makes it easier to transplant as one solid mass instead of dirt falling off of the roots during the move.

Thankyou for your reply, very helpfull, i will transplant again in the near future hopefully all goes to plan 🤣.

Top Bottom