potting mix,need advice

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

hello,i want to make potting mix by my own,peat 30%, coco coir 30%, perlite 30%,worm castings 10% + dry amendments from dr. earth (all purpose,veg, bud &bloom). is it a good ratios? im confused with worm castings,could it overfeed plants? because im gonna usue dry amendments at full ratios.

teejacks

teejacks

good question... i top heavy with worm casting and chicken manure when i put plants outside and they seem to explode and do alright. ive always bought premium potting soil and added extra perlite and whatever else i have around. ratios seem ok to me. worm casting is the one amendment my girls couldnt live without outdoors.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
hello,i want to make potting mix by my own,peat 30%, coco coir 30%, perlite 30%,worm castings 10% + dry amendments from dr. earth (all purpose,veg, bud &bloom). is it a good ratios? im confused with worm castings,could it overfeed plants? because im gonna usue dry amendments at full ratios.
I think your 10% worm casting is good not to much it can turn your mix a bit muddy it’s is a very fine particulates , the rest of the mix looks ok you will have to do a trail see hoy it goes .

Lordly

Lordly

good question... i top heavy with worm casting and chicken manure when i put plants outside and they seem to explode and do alright. ive always bought premium potting soil and added extra perlite and whatever else i have around. ratios seem ok to me. worm casting is the one amendment my girls couldnt live without outdoors.
I think your 10% worm casting is good not to much it can turn your mix a bit muddy it’s is a very fine particulates , the rest of the mix looks ok you will have to do a trail see hoy it goes .
thanks for answering,so you think its ok if i mix 10% worm castings+dry amendments? i dont want nitrogen toxicity

teejacks

teejacks

always better to use less then recommended and adding more later if needed if you're worried about overfeeding in my opinion. i dont really feed my plants much but im an outdoor grower and everyones situation is different

Lordly

Lordly

always better to use less then recommended and adding more later if needed if you're worried about overfeeding in my opinion. i dont really feed my plants much but im an outdoor grower and everyones situation is different
im indoor grower(closet),it will be my first organic grow,so i dont want to start it with same problems,like i had with chemical nutes. im also going to use real growers recharge for first time,people said its a good product.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Indoors presents unique challenges from outdoor grows imh completely different

Top Bottom