Poured QWISO into 5 gram jars when still liquid state, is this Ok?

• Thread starter jagmacdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jagmacdaddy

Hello,

When making my QWISO, when got down to a very thick state, just before the ISO was gone and it could still pour, I poured them into 5 gram oil jars and intended to let the ISO evaporate from that.
I did this because scrapping oil with razor blade from bottom of pot and trying to store is such a pain.

has anyone done this before? Will all the ISO evaporate even though it is in tall thin jars with a tiny surface area at top?
I guess my fear is the top with harden and trap oil mixed with ISO on bottom

S

Stonemason7767

I dump it out on to parchment or a slick matt if I'm planning on smoking it.i lay parchment into a pirex so the sides come up.and oil doesn't run out.the alchol evaporates quicker when the oil is a thin film.place that on a seedling matt or in the vac oven .if im using it for edibles i pour into small pirixes dish and evape the remaining alchol when I decarb it.

J

jagmacdaddy

I'm not in a hurry to smoke it or have it evaporate. Do you think it will all evaporate in those tall thin jars?

steamroller

steamroller

I go from pot/pan to pyrex bowl and place on a warmer.
You will need to stir up your jars IMO besides leaving them open for a long time.

S

Stonemason7767

Eventually but there will be a bunch stuck on sides.you will also have tiny amounts of alchol traped in the concentrate .once it gets sapy it can't get out without heat, and being whipped.or in a vac oven.if you put it a very low heat or in hot room it will collect to the bottom, off the sides. You will loose a lot on the bottom of the jar. Large silicone containers work good if you want to get every last bit back .i go from the parchment into one after I evape alchol,for storing .or put it into fresh parchment.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hello,

When making my QWISO, when got down to a very thick state, just before the ISO was gone and it could still pour, I poured them into 5 gram oil jars and intended to let the ISO evaporate from that.
I did this because scrapping oil with razor blade from bottom of pot and trying to store is such a pain.

has anyone done this before? Will all the ISO evaporate even though it is in tall thin jars with a tiny surface area at top?
I guess my fear is the top with harden and trap oil mixed with ISO on bottom
Silicone cookie sheet works well for final finish

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Get as high of proof as your state allows - as close to 200 as possible - 151 will work but not as well as contains to much water - and water is NOT your friend in this process
Im planning to make some with this next harvest but im going to use 190 proof grain alcohol cause i already have it for when i make my stovetop cranberry "hooch" lol.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

20221124 123501
20221124 121724
20220612 125914
Screenshot 20221217 143112 Chrome

S

Stonemason7767

Im planning to make some with this next harvest but im going to use 190 proof grain alcohol cause i already have it for when i make my stovetop cranberry "hooch" lol.
Those little source tubos work good for reclaiming your alchol.i used one every day all day for like six months before the farm i worked at bought a rotovape.neet little units around 600 bucks.we used to reclaim what was left in buble hash rosin pressed pucks.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well you shouldn’t have put into 5 gm viles until finished.. but you did, so the easy way to get it as clean as possible without making a mess or breaking the viles..
is use some sort of low heat, like a coffee warmer, don’t have it on full heat close but not full, when it’s hot carefully use a long enough pin needle and stir a couple times every so often, do this for a few hours just to make sure.. when it’s back to regular temp or the next day and you notice bubbles in it than there’s still iso, maybe at this point you could use a lighter to heat up or back on coffee warmer etc..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Those little source tubos work good for reclaiming your alchol.i used one every day all day for like six months before the farm i worked at bought a rotovape.neet little units around 600 bucks.we used to reclaim what was left in buble hash rosin pressed pucks.
+1 nothing goes to waste here ! And the source is super easy for small batches !

Latest posts

Top Bottom