Pouring Ferts Over Foilage?

• Thread starter Budzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzy

Budzy

Hello all,
I have a scrog going and there is only 3 or 4 inches between the soil and the screen/canopy. Ergo, i am having to pour the water and ferts directly over the foliage (and forming buds, week 3 flower) because there simply is not enuff room to water/feed the soil directly.

While i am aware this is not the ideal situation, it is far too late to change it now.

Is this really a problem? getting water and ferts on the budsites/foliage? I am trying to do it soon after lights-on so it has time to dry before lights-off.

Please advise.
Thanx!

Week 2 flower light off
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hello all,
I have a scrog going and there is only 3 or 4 inches between the soil and the screen/canopy. Ergo, i am having to pour the water and ferts directly over the foliage (and forming buds, week 3 flower) because there simply is not enuff room to water/feed the soil directly.

While i am aware this is not the ideal situation, it is far too late to change it now.

Is this really a problem? getting water and ferts on the budsites/foliage? I am trying to do it soon after lights-on so it has time to dry before lights-off.

Please advise.
Thanx!
I would do what ever it took to not do that. Maybe a pump and hose to feed the girls. Just a cheap pond pump and some hose. Pump from mix res into the canopy with the hose.

Budzy

Budzy

I was afraid of that.
have only done it twice now and have enough crap lying around to MacGyver something to do it.
Thanks for your input!

*edit* Only did it twice so far in flower. fed/watered that way thru most of veg.

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
You can't keep doing that.
Stop at all costs.
This will ruin the buds that are being soaked and will set up conditions for bud rot.

Best of luck.
Peace

Top Bottom