Powder mildew 40 DAYS ONTO VEGGING

• Thread starter AlwayzonTime420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AlwayzonTime420

Im 40 days into vegging today and noticed i had powder mildew. I was aout to go into Flowering and my plants are 18" in height.I been treating the girls with potassium bicarbonate for six days now, It's getting a lil better and i want to start flowring soon or else they will aout grow my tent.What should i do? Try my best to cure it while vegging or Go ahead and start flowering and try to cure it til i harvest. Suggestions please help a new grwer out? i also added an 18" fan to lower down humidity.

S

seabass212

home depot. spectracide is the product you want. I know everybody and their mama swear they have the remedy to kill it like sulfur burning, milk, blah, blah, and blah. It might work for you that one time, but it wont the next. I have dealt with it and used EVERYTHING i have read. one word SPECTRACIDE insect and disease control. $15 bucks including tax will save you a world of headaches. mix that with some cocowet or penetrator. You can thank me when you harvest pm free nuggets.

A

AlwayzonTime420

home depot. spectracide is the product you want. I know everybody and their mama swear they have the remedy to kill it like sulfur burning, milk, blah, blah, and blah. It might work for you that one time, but it wont the next. I have dealt with it and used EVERYTHING i have read. one word SPECTRACIDE insect and disease control. $15 bucks including tax will save you a world of headaches. mix that with some cocowet or penetrator. You can thank me when you harvest pm free nuggets.

Thanks bro for the help. How much both the cocowet or penetrator do i mix with spectracide?

S

seabass212

cocowet is actually pretty light. I believe its 5 ml/gal and i use 8ml/gal on the spectra. I soak the crap out of the gurls too. I was a bit timid at first, but now i soak em down and have no issues at all. Good luck with your grow. I want to see pictures. haha

another_sellout

another_sellout

You can apply a foliar spray of a product called Serenade (Bacillius subtilis) and it'll attack it for you with a stronger beneficial mycelium. I've also seen a reduction of 35% medical peroxide (h2o2) work to kill it as both as foliar spray and in addition with your nutes. The free radical oxygen blows the mildew apart at the molecule. Big reduction, by the way. One part peroxide to twenty-five or some such. It's also important to get the medical grade because it doesn't have any other addatives in it to affect your nutes. One time in Willits I saw a crazy S.O.B. dip Sour Diesel babies into a bleach dilution and, though very burned for a week or two, it killed the powdery mildew. Just remember, the disease courses through the inside of your plant already. You've got to treat the entire plant to kill it. Try peroxide with your foliar, and you"ll give it nowhere to hide. Hope that this helps.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the greencure you are suing you can spray all thru flowering. make sure to get a good does of it as its just about to shoot pistils. this will then make sure no pm forms on the insides of the buds as they form cuz you wont be able to spray inside them. as it starts to shoot pistils you will need to use a less concentrated dosage then recommended as to strong will brown and shrivel up the pistils. i have sprayed green cure on bud that was chopped and freshly hung to get the pm of it. and had no ill affects. Im sure an experience pallet will notice a differnt taste but the average guy probably wont

C

Calijoe

Sry dude those plant gotta go. U lose try again. I had to do it myself oncemplants are sick thiers no cure

B

bluetooth

we all get mildew at some point i know ive had it a few times lol
just spary the fuck out of em b4 ur lights go out
just when u harvest make sure u clean from top to bottom all ur lights,fans,etc
i even paint my room after every grow.and spray with a milk soloution
it took me 4 grows to get rid of the mildew BUT i know it will come back again one day
good luck

D

deezy

use a product called "Eagle 20", It will kill mildew 100% but can only be applied on plants that aren't in flower. after ridding yourself of the infestation it is important that you sterilize your room and equipment, and also increase your airflow which is usually the cause of pm. I had a crazy pm problem at the beginning of this year, thanks to eagle 20 Im pm free for 5+ months, also it only required 1 application...although I try to get crazy coverage when I'm seriously trying to rid my garden of these issues. honestly this stuff works I've gone through all the other crap myself....greencure, sulfur, etc..it was all a temporary fix.

A

AbusiveOGK

Sry dude those plant gotta go. U lose try again. I had to do it myself oncemplants are sick thiers no cure

Bad advice. Sorry for your experience, but plenty of us gardeners are able to fight off a PM outbreak and save our plants, especially when still in veg.

OP, if you grow organically, an amazing method is Stylet Oil. It's used in California in the grape vineyards to kill PM, and is a remedy that will keep your crop organic. Speaking from experience, IT WORKS! You can spray with it all the way up until the day of harvest. No smell, no taste...just results! it's definitely worth giving it some consideration.

S

StickyIckys

if you want something that isn't a fungicide and will be used by your plant at the same time check out the Silicia from yellowbottles.com. It raise the PH of the leaves, like sulfur, but it is absorbed in by your plant (instead of adding it to your res where it won't help your PM). I know quite a few people who use this.

P

paulycali

Green cure and Serenade sprays are great but nothing with kill the mold completly as PM can multiply like nothing and can *uck itself to reproduce! I throughout all my strains that were succeptable to PM! Why hold onto them they only make more work than you already have. I have plenty of elite strains that will never i meen never get PM.

What i normally would do is spray every two weeks since thats how long the spray i was using was able to fight the mold for before the mold came back. When flowering i would spray every two weeks till week 6 then stop. Since i noticed some of the trichomes turned brown! Even though the product says is can be applied up to harvest i feel the spray degrades the plant a little bit. Don't spray anything after week 6! Stay organic, remember you will be smoking whatever you sprayed on your plants. Wish you luck!

Vitamin D i heard works wonders Aka "whole milk"

How about sulfur burner during vegging and OMRI Certified spray through week 6 of flowering or Vitamin D aka "whole milk"? What you farmers think of that thought!

Top Bottom