powder mildew & sulfur burner questions

• Thread starter GorillaCloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GorillaCloset

This is the first time I got powder mildew. I'm in my 2nd week of flowering. I just noticed it less than a week ago.

I bought a sulfur burner and used it last night in my grow space which is a 5x5 tent for 1 hour during lights off . I have a couple questions for you guys

How often should I burn sulfur to get rid of my powder mildew problem?

Will the powder mildew eventually disappear from the leaves or do I have to manually wipe it off?

How bad is burning sulfur in tight living quarters? I turned off the exhaust during the burn period & turned it back on when I was finished. It exhausts into the attic.

Any tips would be helpful. Thank you!

G

Green Supreme

My buddy just recently came up with this mixture:

so I just had some excellent results spraying some plants that were getting a nice powdery infection with a little concoction I just made up:

to one liter of chlorine-free water I add:
50 ml of San-J organic gluten free tamari sauce
50 ml of AEM (Activated Essential Microorganisms)
and a dab of good soap (a wetting agent)

one spray and the powdery went away, seriously, sprayed like 2 weeks ago and have had no more powdery re-appear

Good luck. Peace GS

G

GorillaCloset

That's awesome. Thanks for the input!

I have two questions for ya:

Where can I find AEM?

&

Is it ok to spray this during flowering??

G

Green Supreme

I would be hesitant to spray anything in flower. Especially late in. I have used H2O2 with some success at 3% spraying every day. If there are no buds formed yet it should be no big deal. Pretty sure he maid his own but I will ask. Peace GS

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
use eagle 20 and you wont see it again.

you do NOT want to use eagle 20 on plants 2 weeks into flower...

even still if you only treat the plants and not the environment it will come back.

green cure is organic and safe to be used up til day of harvest, it will not KILL pm only fights it off and will need to be applied every 7-10 days.

very important to mix it light and spray while the lights are off and let dry completely before putting them under direct light.

as far as the burner goes I dont burn past week 3 of flower because it will affect the taste.

growweedeasy

growweedeasy

I do two things to get rid of powdery mildew. First, I increase the circulation (the spores can't reproduce in a relatively windy environment). I like to point a fan at a wall near the plants so the air bounces off the wall and hits the plant. You can usually keep adjusting until you get to the point where the leaves all all rustling, but the branches aren't moving around much. This will help get rid of your mildew and prevent it from coming Back. It's also good for your plants in general.

If I already have mildew, then I use SM-90 to get rid of it. It's all-natural oil with sulphur and is safe to use up until 2 weeks before harvest since it's edible and non-toxic to people. I mix 1 tsp SM-90 per gallon of water and use it as a foliar spray on all the effected leaves. It's important to get the plant pretty wet, but make sure you do it right before the lights turn off so you don't burn the leaves. You can repeat up to once every 3 days, though I usually will get rid of everything after only one or two applications.

Plus Sm-90 is only about $20 for a small bottle and is useful for sooooo many growing related things! You can use it to get rid of many types of bugs, mildew, and you can even use it in your nutrient water to get rid of bugs in your soil.

B

Bobbo

Hello, first grow here. I seem to have run into a Downy/Powdery Mildew or Gray Mold problem. I have Serenade & Greencure. I am wondering if you can still harvest & smoke the buds if you spray them down a couple weeks before harvest? Can these problems spread from plant to plant? Should I just put the two I was gonna use for mother's into flower with the other ones in the tent & start a fresh, new grow? Will this keep persisting? I had a humidity issue, but it has been resolved since. Thanks for any help

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Nice thread guys another good spray for pm is called eagle
used only once took care of it and never saw it again
Hope that helps

Keep It Green-Doc

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone ever use potassium phosphite as a preventative to mildew?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
carfull though if your hydro and got air pumps they need to be out of the tent or off when you burn this wiil bubble sulpher to your roots not good:banana1sv6:

H

haole

Use the sulphur burner with greencure. Your plants are already in flower...

I would start with greencure, be sure to hit every visible spot of PM. If a leaf is severely infected, remove it, but only after you treat with greencure, as that will help reduce spore spread.

Wait 48 hours, burn sulphur for 3-4 hours with no ventilation on... repeat in 3 days. After that repeat weekly 2 hour burns til harvest.

IME, this is the best route to treat plants that are already in flower. If you do this, you won't have any PM on your plants for the whole cycle, and its pretty foolproof, unlike spray based methods.

Don't listen to anyone that hasn't tried it tell you its not safe to burn sulfur in flower... didn't transfer any taste that me and my friends could tell, we ran side by side rooms.

the rrock

the rrock

I burn sulphur once every 4 months and haven't had PM in over 10 years,done it up to 5 weeks in flower without any negative effects

PickleRick

PickleRick

bumpity bump bump. Anyone have any new sucess failure experiences to share?

Top Bottom