Powder mold someone shoot me

• Thread starter indonesia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What are some good techniques for killing/preventing PM?

• maybe hydrogen peroxide solution?

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • maybe not?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
indonesia

indonesia

so i brought home some powder mold from a buddies house and it quickly spread and infected everything in my veg tent. i got rid of all the ladies that had any traces on them. bleached everything super heavy. i tried a few preventative maintenance techniques on the remaining survivors, neem oil, milkwater. gave the plants enough room to breathe etc. made sure my temps werent fluctuating. its been over 100 degrees for over a month in my town so keeping everything at a consistent temp can pose a challenge, even in the basement. now that its mid aug its cooling down a little so temps are good. Is there anything that can kill powder mildew or other fungi in its tracks? i had to throw away a full script of clones, 2 spacebomb sprouts and several larger ladies. fucked up my whole schedule now. i believe its getting into my bloom room or will very soon. is my best bet to just toss everything and start over? thanks all

str8smokn

str8smokn

Dealing with it on my outdoor OG.just cut some lower branches off & giving better airflow. 3-4weeks into flower,so I might try a diluted peroxide sprit to see if it helps.its been hot & humid here also. they don't call it the DIRTY SOUTH for nothing.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Sorry I can't start post 4some reason.im growing in soil,compost.could the PM be in my compost, due to grass clippings composting to slow and molding?its only attacking OG, none of tomatoes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, when you see PM, what you're seeing are the fruiting bodies, it's already within plant tissues. Second, yes, you can absolutely use a peroxide solution to kill those fruiting bodies. Third, you can also use oils to kill the fruiting bodies, hell, you can even use pH'd water to ill the fruiting bodies.

You might want to consider incorporating aspirin in your regiment to help boost SARS (immune system response).

E20 is known to produce resistant fungi, so be careful using it, and don't overuse it. Read the entire label very closely and follow the directions exactly, never use more than twice during one season (IIRC as directed).

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sounds like you brought it home from another grow,I stay out of other grow rooms if possible and if i do go in one i make damn sure i dont go in mine without taking off those clothes and showering.I do think PM could come from your compost,anything could be in there,I just gave myself a bad case of aphids by using a mix of my compost and fox farms and i dont beleive they came from the fox farms,pretty sure they came from my compost,lesson learned.

str8smokn

str8smokn

First, when you see PM, what you're seeing are the fruiting bodies, it's already within plant tissues. Second, yes, you can absolutely use a peroxide solution to kill those fruiting bodies. Third, you can also use oils to kill the fruiting bodies, hell, you can even use pH'd water to ill the fruiting bodies.

You might want to consider incorporating aspirin in your regiment to help boost SARS (immune system response).

E20 is known to produce resistant fungi, so be careful using it, and don't overuse it. Read the entire label very closely and follow the directions exactly, never use more than twice during one season (IIRC as directed).
I will try peroxide& switch with DrBronners soap to hold off for the rest off flower,mabey have to peroxide bath after harvest.thanks Maiden.
Sounds like you brought it home from another grow,I stay out of other grow rooms if possible and if i do go in one i make damn sure i dont go in mine without taking off those clothes and showering.I do think PM could come from your compost,anything could be in there,I just gave myself a bad case of aphids by using a mix of my compost and fox farms and i dont beleive they came from the fox farms,pretty sure they came from my compost,lesson learned.
yeah I'm sure it came from compost, it never really cooks. I have to stir more often I guess. Lesson learned. Thanks guys.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
PM needs live plant tissue to live, and it's floating everywhere in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if spores could be found in the stratosphere. So it's as much an issue of plant health as conditions. ;) All you need to do is kill those fruiting bodies, and that's easily done. Heck, some of our members here will wipe them off the leaves, or remove those infected leaves and manage to keep good control including that, too.

R

redlife215

I wanna know about the effectiveness of implementing a uv light in my growroom. Jackmayoffer said since he put one in his grow he hasn't had a pm issue since. Can somebody give me their opinion on adding a uv light in my room

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
so i brought home some powder mold from a buddies house and it quickly spread and infected everything in my veg tent. i got rid of all the ladies that had any traces on them. bleached everything super heavy. i tried a few preventative maintenance techniques on the remaining survivors, neem oil, milkwater. gave the plants enough room to breathe etc. made sure my temps werent fluctuating. its been over 100 degrees for over a month in my town so keeping everything at a consistent temp can pose a challenge, even in the basement. now that its mid aug its cooling down a little so temps are good. Is there anything that can kill powder mildew or other fungi in its tracks? i had to throw away a full script of clones, 2 spacebomb sprouts and several larger ladies. fucked up my whole schedule now. i believe its getting into my bloom room or will very soon. is my best bet to just toss everything and start over? thanks all
Toss everything because of PM?
Hell No.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wanna know about the effectiveness of implementing a uv light in my growroom. Jackmayoffer said since he put one in his grow he hasn't had a pm issue since. Can somebody give me their opinion on adding a uv light in my room
I've only used UV to control disease for aquatic animals. It is VERY EFFECTIVE. It can kill some seriously nasty parasites, and it can do it through water, so for me, if Jack is using it and says it's great, that's pretty good as far as I'm concerned, the guy knows his shizzy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I have mine under control,but now it's raining and I have to cover her. So we shall see n the next days.View attachment 437066
Good, good friend of mine, @Blaze feels that it's best not to cover. The plastic holds as much, if not more moisture in and prevents evaporation.

Try this--get some isopropyl alcohol, mix it anywhere from 1:1 to 2:1 water:alcohol, spritz the girls down with that. It should speed up evaporation.

Btw, she looks fantastic!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@caregiverken I hate to tell you this, but the root pack has streptomyces WYEC at 5 billion spores/gram.
Dont hate Cap :) You sent me 2 pounds of your root pack! I put it in my Teas and into the beds,
So, I should be well protected! Thanks again! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom