Powder mold!!

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

so ever since this secind grow i had to open the window so it ca ncool down since i cant run the air; and all of a sudden i have a mold problem. didnt have a hint of it the last grow now its showing up on the sugar leaves next to the buds! humidity is at 51-52 i need to get it up some more im going to put some boiling water in there. any suggestions?

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

i dont think you should raise your humidity i think the ideal range u want is beetween 50 and 40 % if im not mistaken i hope one the pros can come tru and help out wwith this situaition

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

asap

maybe a start. Read the forums, search "powdery mildew" or "PM"

R

Relaxed420

PM is a bitch, not sure what you are thinking with the boiling water, but humidity is not your friend when PM strikes, you want to put a dehumidifier in the room and get it down to under 45% and use a product with sulfer in it and that should help you, like a sulfer burn or a spray product.

T

theslums

im using a spray called "SAFEGRO" MILDEW CURE it gets rid of the mold instantly but i think its because the window is open honestly

B

Buddy Flowers

^ slums- you should read the facts on powdery mildew before you let these myths take over your thinking.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Currently doing the same, been doing small battle with PM and root aphids, looking at Eagle 20 EW Fungicide as an alternative to OxiDate and Sonata.

666elsie

dude go get safers DEFENDER,Problem solved and get the air MOVING or you gonna have bigger problems.like having to tear out your room.UCK!!

T

theslums

^ slums- you should read the facts on powdery mildew before you let these myths take over your thinking.

what facts are we talking about u got a link i need help i got 3weeks left and i cant have this shit ever since i opened that F#$%^n window it started

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Are you sure when its lights off that your humidity does not skyrocket? Low humidity will not cure powder mildew.. High (controlled) humidity will not give you PM, unless your high humidity is crazy high with no dehumidifier control. Its naturally in the air and attacks plants that have issues. I would suggest you open the space your growing in and air that baby out. Also spray the walls and anything in there with water/rubbing alcohol mix. You must treat the plants or it will spread. Minimum I would suggest some r/o water ph up to 8 and a drop of dish soap per gallon.

T

theslums

Are you sure when its lights off that your humidity does not skyrocket? Low humidity will not cure powder mildew.. High (controlled) humidity will not give you PM, unless your high humidity is crazy high with no dehumidifier control. Its naturally in the air and attacks plants that have issues. I would suggest you open the space your growing in and air that baby out. Also spray the walls and anything in there with water/rubbing alcohol mix. You must treat the plants or it will spread. Minimum I would suggest some r/o water ph up to 8 and a drop of dish soap per gallon.

theres nothing to air out the window is cracked while the lights are on. the humidity is around the same when it is closed. this is some bullish to deal with seriously.

R

Relaxed420

when lights are out the plants perspire and will create an increase in humidity, may be especially high with larger buds (more plant surface for moisture)... good time to have a dehumidifier running at about 40-45%.

T

theslums

my humidity is at 50-52 so i dont kno what your talkin about humidity isnt a problem

OGONLY

OGONLY

The higher the humidity the more it thrives. You have PM so you want to create conditions that are not ideal for PM. Lowering humidity is one of the 2 things you can do to slow it down. The other is Greencure spray. You can use it all the way to flower. Think you said you have 3 weeks left in flower so no sulfur burning.

I had it bad over the summer. Did every bit of research. Hand applied sprays with cue tips and all that shit. It still crushed me. Even the plants I thought were not affected became infected seemingly overnight.

The only thing I did not use (also didnt sulfur burn early in flower, now I do) was Greencure. Hear great things about it from everyone that has used it.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I think he`s talking about when the light first go off. I read something that Jalisco Kid wrote about the plants emitting a gas after the lights go outfor I think he said 3 hours. I started to watch that in my room and sure as shit was jumping up from 50% to 65/70% that spike will fuck you up for sure. I got a dehumidifier after that now its rock solid at 50% or lower if I want. Enviroment is 90% IMO.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
greencure works with weekly applications - can be light sensitive so follow directions carefully

you cant do anything to KILL the pm at this point all you can do is battle it

what everybody else been saying is right on - more ventilation, air movement, more light and keeping humidity under 50%

PM likes cold, stagnant low light areas of the room

when I was battling pm it seemed to outbreak and/or spread when the humidity reached about 55%

one of the reasons the humidity spikes when the lights go off is the temp drops - keep your lights on and off temps within 10 degrees and it wont spike so bad

also if your grow is vented keep the fan running 24/7

I highly recommend green cure, its the only thing that saved me from disaster a few years back

good luck

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Neem oil does the trick for me. Haven't seen PM in over 2 years and I like that it's natural. 2 tablespoons to a gallon water in a spray bottle.

D

dudeman

The highest humidity, atleast for me, is reached right when your lights turn off. It usually spikes quite a bit but them it comes down. I have great ventilation but it still spikes when the room is full no matter what.
I am just in the process of getting rid of pm;

I cleared out entire room, bleached everything
just got a sulfur burner and i will use that too
also bought some brutal nutes in case in comes back
and I will be using a dehumidifier to keep humidity low
it was expensive but not as expensive as what I had to throw away!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry to hear that dudeman

try a portable heater on a timer - that humidty spike is directly related to the temps cooling off so rapidly - kind of like dew point (I think, though Im no meteorologist)

M

mdTHC420

when lights go off plants will transpire i think its called and release excess co2 for a good while. everything that didnt get used for photosynthesis as it doesnt need it at night

Top Bottom