powdery green hash

• Thread starter pandor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pandor

I tried to make my first batch ever of bubble hash last night.

The trim was frozen. It was a little chopped up because my friend was originally going to make BHO from it.

I think I may have over agitated the slurry, but I am not sure. Does anyone know what causes this?

The hash is not gooey and does not stick together at all. It falls apart when you squeeze it, and it's green. I did start out with top quality trim, it was just a little cut up.

Is this hash worth smoking?

101 Runner

101 Runner

I always crush all material and freeze which is good. How many bags did you go through? Usually the best quality smoke is in bag 3-5 and I get green in the last bag?

Blaze

Blaze

If it is green it was over-processed. How are you agitating it? If you are using a blender, paint mixer, etc that is your problem, they are much to rough.

P

pandor

I always crush all material and freeze which is good. How many bags did you go through? Usually the best quality smoke is in bag 3-5 and I get green in the last bag?

There was only a total of 4 bags in my 5 gallon set. All 3 pulls from each bag look and feel identical. Green and powdery.

If it is green it was over-processed. How are you agitating it? If you are using a blender, paint mixer, etc that is your problem, they are much to rough.

I used a long stick and tried to mimic the tutorial you posted. Nothing electric, just hand stirred for 7 minutes. Probably should have just done 5 min, but I really do not think I stirred it that hard.

Do you guys think I should just throw it away? It does not look like good hash at all.

Blaze

Blaze

Hmmm... OK it was not the mixing then. Is the shake you are using very dry? If the shake you are using is too dry, it will tend to get ground up into a powder when you mix. SOMETHING is causing you to get contaminants in the finished product.

P

pandor

I smoked it and it was junk. I think you are probably right, Blaze. He probably let the trim dry out too much.

L

lightit

to purify your green kief and separate some of the plant material in it try this: get a volume of cold water several times larger than the amount of kief, pour in the kief, stir and let sit. the trichome heads should sink and the green veg matter should float. skim the green off the top, pour off most of the water and pass the water at the bottom through a coffee filter. you will be left with a higher quality kief

L

Legal420

Did the same thing in my washing machine. Did the run for 15 min. Ended up adding the hash to my next batch of BHO

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

its come out green for me when i tried using fresh trim. i always use dry trim now and since then ive gotten at least 1 bag of fullmelt or very close to every single time, sometime even on the 2nd run and i use a generic bubblenow machine 20 gal and 6 32bag ebay bags. i used to make bho all the time but i actually prefer bubble now plus its illegal to make bho not in a lab in CA but 100% legal for me to make bubble at home. my exact process is cut plant, remove sugarfree fan leaves for juicing, hang dry for 1 week, trim all the sugar leaf, let that dry out for another day then i throw it in the freezer for atleast 2 days. another trick is i let it soak in the ice water for atleast 15 mins before i start the run. also you could be using to mcuh water, not enough ice. it should be really hard to turn, not easy at all extremely greuling even for the bubble now 20 gal washing machine. i run the first run for 10 mins the 2nd for 15 so it definitely wasnt your timing.
edit: oops i gotta start reading the dates on threads

Latest posts

Top Bottom