Powdery Mildew after cure? How long to wait?

• Thread starter Narsbars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

After harvesting, trimming, and drying I found a few buds with the tiniest start of Powdery Mildew. All buds, with any sign of PM have been tossed in the trash but I know you can't see spores. I am storing the weed in mason jars using Boveda packs at 62% humidity at about 70F. Should I simply soak them all in Hydrogen Peroxide and dry again, or if I wait, how long do you think would be a safe amount of time to see if the PM grows? Hopefully looking for someone that had that type of bad luck and can comment on when they saw the enemy fungus.

strainguy

strainguy

I had powder mildew few times so bought a product specially for it and sprayed it. Helped immediately. I don't remember how it is called, but I think there are many of them, google it

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Don't soak them in peroxide unless you want severely oxidized buds.
PM only grows on a living host, you are more likely seeing a decomposer fungus. Are you certain that's what it is? Can you share a clear pic or two? My guess would be that they were jarred too early and started to mold.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Don't soak them in peroxide unless you want severely oxidized buds.
PM only grows on a living host, you are more likely seeing a decomposer fungus. Are you certain that's what it is? Can you share a clear pic or two? My guess would be that they were jarred too early and started to mold.
I might not have been clear. I found the PM if it is PM on the buds after hanging and drying. I simply threw away any branch with any sign of PM. Then I trimmed and jarred. I am using 62% Boveda packs and waiting three weeks hoping that would be enough to see if anything was still there. Another concern is if I gift some and a friend does not store it properly will the PM reoccur?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I might not have been clear. I found the PM if it is PM on the buds after hanging and drying. I simply threw away any branch with any sign of PM. Then I trimmed and jarred. I am using 62% Boveda packs and waiting three weeks hoping that would be enough to see if anything was still there. Another concern is if I gift some and a friend does not store it properly will the PM reoccur?
No, PM can only live on a living host, It will not spread through cut and dried buds.
Sounds like you got pretty lucky honestly if it was only noticable at harvest. That's a late infection. Couple weeks earlier could have been a disaster.

Narsbars

Narsbars

No, PM can only live on a living host, It will not spread through cut and dried buds.
Sounds like you got pretty lucky honestly if it was only noticeable at harvest. That's a late infection. Couple weeks earlier could have been a disaster.
I appreciate the input. I am willing to take my own chances but was completely worried that I could pass on a problem to someone else. After all I know PM will cause weed to fail in legal states and have to be tossed in the trash.

lbezy

lbezy

I had powder mildew few times so bought a product specially for it and sprayed it. Helped immediately. I don't remember how it is called, but I think there are many of them, google it
I remember that stuff that smelled real nice and it made the leaves real shiny but it didn't kill my powderly mildew

Narsbars

Narsbars

Update: That was last Nov. I quarantined the buds after drying in mason jars with Boveda packs for a minimum of three weeks. It is now Jan 23 22 and no sign of PM, no bad tastes, still has a great smell.

Top Bottom