Powdery Mildew and drying

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have just harvested(this morning) a grow(mother plants who's time had come), and I noticed some PM on several plants. 5 days ago I harvested a larger grow(my main grow from another room. No signs of PM ). I only have one drying room....So will the PM from the new group spread to the harvest that is already drying? The first group is mostly dry. With that in mind should I still find a way to separate them or will the older dried group be fine finishing up next to plants with PM? We will be manicuring next week(after the holidays are over).

Blaze

Blaze

PM does not spread like mold, it requires a living host to reproduce. Unless the PM is so bad that it is sending up clouds of spores and getting on everything around the plant, you should be fine.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

PM does not spread like mold, it requires a living host to reproduce. Unless the PM is so bad that it is sending up clouds of spores and getting on everything around the plant, you should be fine.
Blaze,
Thank you for the information.

I will turn it into cannabutter (although I was hoping for Hash) just to be safe(er)...Anyone know if that will be a problem? or if I should just throw the harvest away? I dont want to add to anyone's health issues.

Blaze

Blaze

I wouldn't throw it away, butter should be a good use for it. The heat will kill and sterilize any potential fungus. Though I would not advocate smoking product with PM, it really is not as big of a health concern as a lot of people make it out to be. Honestly unless you have a compromised immune system or are particularly sensitive to it, it is fairly benign.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Blaze,

I will turn it into cannabutter (although I was hoping for Hash) just to be safe(er)...Anyone know if that will be a problem? or if I should just throw the harvest away? I dont want to add to anyone's health issues.
It can be washed off. Jorge Cervantes has a very good video on the procedure. I've done it myself as a method to prevent clones and seedlings from getting it as well. If the product is already dry, then I wouldn't try it.

Hold on, lemme link the video here:

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

It can be washed off. Jorge Cervantes has a very good video on the procedure. I've done it myself as a method to prevent clones and seedlings from getting it as well. If the product is already dry, then I wouldn't try it.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

*OMFG* - THANK YOU SeaMaiden.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Latest posts

Top Bottom