Powdery Mildew! Help! Still in very late veg

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Plants have been in veg for few months to try and get them larger and I was slacking on startering others I wanted to add in tent and flower all at once cause of heat issues in summer. What should I do? Best way to treat them?

They are still in veg and the one plant is worse than other

First plant all leaves started turning yellowish almost overnight and burnt and crispy with spots. Not sure if it's from the powdery mildew infection or nutrient burn possibly from plant not being able to uptake nutrients properly due to infection. Water with nutients every other water been using same amount.

Powdery mildew help still in very late veg 3
Powdery mildew help still in very late veg
Powdery mildew help still in very late veg 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Plants have been in veg for few months to try and get them larger and I was slacking on startering others I wanted to add in tent and flower all at once cause of heat issues in summer. What should I do? Best way to treat them?

First plant all leaves started turning yellowish almost overnight and burnt and crispy with spots. Not sure if it's from the powdery mildew infection or nutrient burn possibly from plant not being able to uptake nutrients properly due to infection. Water with nutients every other water been using same amount.

View attachment 1192883View attachment 1192879View attachment 1192880
show me what you think is mildew?
i don’t see any, possible a pest issue maybe other issues as well..

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hi I don't see any powdery mildew and it doesn't look like nute burn either...my guess it potassium deficiency the way the leaf is only yellowing on the outer edge.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

25073E22 B3D7 4F24 8C52 06F3C0B6D491
622ED709 AD53 4178 8DB5 7AF7B7F25C70

Picked off pretty much all leaves with it on that I noticed. Tried treating it with a solution of baking soda, soap and oil and water like a week or so ago. Sprayed leaves

Krispy420

Krispy420

Yep you got the p.m alright...that's a bummer , you're not even in flower yet it's probably gonna be a b**** fighting that off the rest of the way. You will definitely have to stay vigilant with it. I hear lost coast plant therapy is good at knocking it back. Did you foliar spray it with anything yet? just wondering because if you did and the plant went under lights while it was still wet that could also explain the sudden yellowing. Also the fact that the plant is weak and sickly now. p.m can open up a whole host of other problems. Best of luck to you though sorry I can't help more

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Humidity is super low also no matter if I just watered or I put in wet towel... Like barley 30%

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've thrown 100's of dollars away trying to fight it naturally. I've never found a (natural) product that works.
Your humidity is part of the problem. What do your temps look like when the lights go off?

Krispy420

Krispy420

Humidity is super low also no matter if I just watered or I put in wet towel... Like barley 30%
it's always higher than that in the pot and the lower part of the plant though especially after you water, it's evaporating into that lower growth which is where p.m always starts 99% of the time. I see you lollipopped one them pretty good and the other not so much. I'm guessing the p.m started on the one you hadn't defoliated? or maybe it's an optical illusion. Either way, more airflow and defoliation under the canopy will only do you good.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well those plants are big and it looks like it has been infected a while. i’d use milk in veg but it needs high intensity light to be really effective..
you could spray/soak the plant with a h2o2 mix of 3-5% strength let sit for 5-10 mins, covering your soil with something to prevent the mix getting in,
than crank up the fans to dry up some than next day soak with full strength milk. or do a few days of h2o2, either way you’ll probably have to treat them all the way to finish, if you make hash or oil than it’s worth trying to get to the finish, if you smoke the buds than it may turn out not so good. now that you have mildew you really need to keep consistency with temp and humidity, wpm likes it when there is large swings in humidity up or down..
wpm is evil to marijuana!

P

Pike

Crank your room temp up to 95F plus, watch closer for how much water there gonna use, and keep like that for a week and you won’t have it anymore.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Id hose it down good with plain water first. Then after you have soaked it, remove every single infected leaf and if those leaves are on small scraggly branches, get rid of the whole branch. Remove leaves that are near infected leaves. Treat it like a cancer, you need to use both surgical and chemical treatments, and you're better off cutting out too much than not enough.

After that, Sulfur, sulfur and a bit more sulphur.

92% dry wettable powdered sulphur mixed 1.5 TBSP per liter and absolutely drench the plants with it, every leaf top and bottom and all the stem too. repeat every 3 days for a couple weeks, you can go as long as up to about week 2 or 3 of flower.
Then I'd cross my fingers pretty damn hard and hope you're a survivor.
There are other products you can use once in flower, such as purecrop 1 but I don't have any personal experience with it

OTCusp

OTCusp

View attachment 1192883View attachment 1192879View attachment 1192880
I'm with k420 and gnick, I think you need some serious cal mag, maybe some silica blast while still in veg, and make sure you're venting well. I don't see any signs of mildew or standing water issues. You got this.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I have used a product called Trifecta. It’s organic and effective as long as you do it as labeled. This also means even the walls in your grow must be cleaned, as well as duct work and fans. Air flow control helps a lot as well as fresh air exchanges. I have grown indoors for the past 14 years, went against my own rules and took in a clone. It came with pm and was the gift that just kept on giving. My grow is once again clean and I won’t be accepting anymore “gifts”.

Top Bottom