Powdery mildew . I have a question .

• Thread starter Mcprp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mcprp

So if I went out and cut all the remaining plants I have and took them to the basement where I would cut into individual stems and cut all the fan leaves off and hang off the floor joists to dry and while cutting the leafs I noticed that some of the sugar leafs have powdery mildew on them . My question is , is the plant shot and should be thrown away or can I still dry and just not use the sugar leafs for ice hash ? The buds and 80 percent of the leafs look perfect in fact a lot of the sugar leafs turned purple which I havent seen from previous harvest but I let these go a little longer . About three weeks to be exact .

Powdery mildew  i have a question
Ponky

Ponky

If you see PM it means it's most likely gunna taste like it.

M

Mcprp

Well , those are the kind of answers that leaves me right back where I started . ( most likely) Lol ! No disrespect but I kinda got to know from someone that has had this similar problem . I mean , it’s a small amount and it’s on the bigger Surat leafs but the buds seem fine . I looked at them through my magnifier. It would be a shame to throw a pound in the trash can if I don’t have to .

Ponky

Ponky

If you have a UV flashlight it will show you the extent of the damage. Throw those pieces out. If its all over the stuff it's probably no good.

R

RKint

So if I went out and cut all the remaining plants I have and took them to the basement where I would cut into individual stems and cut all the fan leaves off and hang off the floor joists to dry and while cutting the leafs I noticed that some of the sugar leafs have powdery mildew on them . My question is , is the plant shot and should be thrown away or can I still dry and just not use the sugar leafs for ice hash ? The buds and 80 percent of the leafs look perfect in fact a lot of the sugar leafs turned purple which I havent seen from previous harvest but I let these go a little longer . About three weeks to be exact .
You can kill that mold quickly and safely using HOCL, research it and see! Germination/antifungal/cuttings/mold/mildew/spores......

R

RKint

You can kill that mold quickly and safely using HOCL, research it and see! Germination/antifungal/cuttings/mold/mildew/spores......

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Regarding UV flashlight to detect PM, anyone know what wavelength UV light is needed. They come in shortwave, medium wave, and long wave.

Ponky

Ponky

Regarding UV flashlight to detect PM, anyone know what wavelength UV light is needed. They come in shortwave, medium wave, and long wave.
The one I used was designed to detect leak dye for automotive use. Not sure what spectrum.

M

Mcprp

Cool , yeah some of the sugar leafs had grey on them same with some of the bigger leafs but it was spotty meaning a little here a little there but most of the leafs had nothing at all . I’m gonna get the flashlight. Just to make sure it didn’t get into the buds . I really appreciate the tip . Thanks again !

M

Mcprp

This is some of the hash I made . It came out fantastic . Getting the next bucket ready .,

DB8D265A F942 4660 88C3 615C1F62A871
5A72217F CA0D 4846 9F82 AB1C6DC155BE

Latest posts

Top Bottom