Powdery Mildew Late flower Help!!

• Thread starter 313Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
313Farmer

313Farmer

Hey y’all I’m having a terrible time with this current run, I’ve got powdery mildew, again. I first noticed it during veg (small dusty circular white spots on some fan leaves) after applying Lost Coast for multiple weeks it appeared to be gone. I probably saw it twice during veg. Well fast forward to today, I am exactly 13 days till harvest and it is back I went to do one last strip on my plants and noticed this everywhere. HELP PLZZZ 🙏🏼

Powdery mildew late flower help
Powdery mildew late flower help 2
Powdery mildew late flower help 3
Powdery mildew late flower help 4
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey 313 , it's so freaking annoying , I feel for ya , I don't think there's much you can do at this point
Harvest now ? Smoke some powder
Or
Spray em with a milk / water mix
Maybe it will stop it till harvest

Powdery mildew is new to me , don't like it at all

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey y’all I’m having a terrible time with this current run, I’ve got powdery mildew, again. I first noticed it during veg (small dusty circular white spots on some fan leaves) after applying Lost Coast for multiple weeks it appeared to be gone. I probably saw it twice during veg. Well fast forward to today, I am exactly 13 days till harvest and it is back I went to do one last strip on my plants and noticed this everywhere. HELP PLZZZ 🙏🏼
You can wash them at harvest...google there are lots of UT vids

313Farmer

313Farmer

Hey 313 , it's so freaking annoying , I feel for ya , I don't think there's much you can do at this point
Harvest now ? Smoke some powder
Or
Spray em with a milk / water mix
Maybe it will stop it till harvest

Powdery mildew is new to me , don't like it at all
What exactly is this milk water mix?? I kept seeing that recommendation but honestly have never heard of it before

I was gonna do hydrogen peroxide foliar today and if that fails I think I’ll try the hydrogen peroxide bath

dire wolf

dire wolf

What exactly is this milk water mix?? I kept seeing that recommendation but honestly have never heard of it before

I was gonna do hydrogen peroxide foliar today and if that fails I think I’ll try the hydrogen peroxide bath
Hey 313 , I really have little experience with pm
I experienced it last year , and wanted to do a quick fix with least amount of toxicity, I also researched and read that " milk" or milk water mix simply a 50/50 of household milk and water would slow or halt spore growth , I did it , it worked....
The fix was temporary , next I went on to " micronized sulphur " which is a spray application ....that was a great remedy ( recommended to me by another forum member )
If mildew comes back that's the track I'd take

If you can simply rinse bud of mildew ? Then that's your best option I suppose

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Would you be opposed to Turning those flowers into a concentrate or edibles cuz that might be a way you can save what's there instead of worrying about smoking mold

G

Gavin

The milk works but man does it stink, off milk smells aweful u could try this

Potassium bicarbonate: Mix 1 tablespoon potassium bicarbonate and ½ teaspoon liquid soap (not detergent) in 1 gallon of water. Spray liberally to all affected areas. This mixture may work better than baking soda as a treatment for existing infections

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your way too far to be using milk and when you do forget about the misleading information on the net and use full strength homogeneous milk but it’ll only work with the bright outdoor sun or with lights like 1000 watt metal halide or high pressure sodium..
your only real option is spraying them with hydrogen peroxide around a 7% strength.. hopefully somewhere close too the room is the shower, put the plants in there, cover your soil and spray SOAK each one everywhere, let sit for 15 mins before putting back in room,
than every couple days just spray the plants in the room till finish,, also spray everything in that room..
at harvest cut each branch off, have two huge tubs one filled with a 10% strength peroxide and the other with clean water as you’ll have to wash those branches, than let dry off to what they were before washing to hang dry or whatever method..
than i’d only maybe make hashish, but i’d for sure make a hash oil with 99.9% isopropyl., as i just did this with a wild thailand outdoor plant that was on deaths door from mildew etc.. done pics below of what i got out of her and honestly it was great smoke and i still have some thai hash oil left..
some pics of hash/oil twice, but this was pretty much all i got from a badly infested wild thailand plant..
smoked beautifully!!

71BE123E D2F5 4F7C B739 80FC12C76A58
93733B92 87AE 46F3 B02D E2863322CF19
BB91135C 6E51 4429 A6CF CAFD3AF821F3
A8F0AD0C 4E7B 4366 93C1 FFC07AFD8E44
D4661759 2194 46C9 87AB F07F906D66C0
F016EAE4 5A6C 4417 8FF5 D7C379364112
4E49D24A 4F0B 40B1 9E17 F3909E629A21
B37DC3A9 3E4C 48A8 BA89 6041073E6DB6
313Farmer

313Farmer

your way too far to be using milk and when you do forget about the misleading information on the net and use full strength homogeneous milk but it’ll only work with the bright outdoor sun or with lights like 1000 watt metal halide or high pressure sodium..
your only real option is spraying them with hydrogen peroxide around a 7% strength.. hopefully somewhere close too the room is the shower, put the plants in there, cover your soil and spray SOAK each one everywhere, let sit for 15 mins before putting back in room,
than every couple days just spray the plants in the room till finish,, also spray everything in that room..
at harvest cut each branch off, have two huge tubs one filled with a 10% strength peroxide and the other with clean water as you’ll have to wash those branches, than let dry off to what they were before washing to hang dry or whatever method..
than i’d only maybe make hashish, but i’d for sure make a hash oil with 99.9% isopropyl., as i just did this with a wild thailand outdoor plant that was on deaths door from mildew etc.. done pics below of what i got out of her and honestly it was great smoke and i still have some thai hash oil left..
some pics of hash/oil twice, but this was pretty much all i got from a badly infested wild thailand plant..
smoked beautifully!!
smoked beautifully!!
Right on homie thank you

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

smoked beautifully!!

Listen to this guy. Spray with h2o2. If you do it thoroughly and frequently (IME in some cases up to twice a day) you can eliminate and control it untill harvest.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

If you still have PM at harvest time, use an.air compressor with an air gun to blow the dust off. Dial the psi down to around 30. Start far away and move the blow gun closer until you see the air is blowing some bud bits away, THEN BACK OFF. You can remove 90's% of the PM dust this way. This is done after harvest and outside so you're not blowing PM all around your grow room.

S

sagadella

Right on homie thank you
I'm very interested in how this treatment works for you. Haven't had a problem yet but it sounds like it's pretty much a matter of time as spores are endemic and opportunistic. Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Ponky

Ponky

No matter what you do it's going to be PM weed. You have to figure out what is going wrong temperature and humidity wise. And you will want a new strain to grow. Probably won't want to smoke that weed. It can be processed. But it's going to taste of PM.

SativaKid

SativaKid

I run a UVC Tube lamp the last 10 minutes before shutting the lights off. This puts some ozone gas in the room and ozone kills mold. It takes some common sense as ozone can harm you. But think of this, mold is growing on every surface in your flower room/tent. It only takes one mold spore to get the whole thing going so when they tell you to watch the Humidity and the temperature. The ozone gas circulates over every surface and leaf. I have a strange grow space because it's outdoors in a small room that is influenced by outside. So I have times when my humidity spikes and I must rely on my ozone system and it works great.

green bastard

green bastard

The biggest thong i can advise about the dew is to now have any tempiture fluxuations what so ever now my day and night temps have roughly have about a 2 to 3 degree swing from one to the other even 5 to 10 degreess can promote the right conditons for pm to germinate my biggest saviour was stopping the massive night temp drops for color after i stopped that color came naturally and i had alot less headaches with pm in the long wrong hope this helps

Top Bottom