Powdery Mildew, need advice

• Thread starter DiverDown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DiverDown

DiverDown

I am new this year. But as a gardener, I know I have powdery mildew. It came on after our Nor’easter came and went yesterday, up here in the north east. I am half way through harvest. I read hydrogen peroxide is the cure, but....... what ratio? How to use, wash off etc? Have it on the buds too.
I don't want to make a mistake, these are not regular garden plants that you take the veges off and clean! Experts please chime in!

Dan789

Dan789

Use the search function to help locate the many multiple replies to this common problem, along with that are the various agents others have used for fighting PM. My only experience has been to toss the crop, then I found out about using a sulfur burner afterwards. It also depends on if your grow is somewhere you can tent and use that method. Good luck.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Use the search function to help locate the many multiple replies to this common problem, along with that are the various agents others have used for fighting PM. My only experience has been to toss the crop, then I found out about using a sulfur burner afterwards. It also depends on if your grow is somewhere you can tent and use that method. Good luck.
Thanks I did do the search, but there were only newbies with answers, I want advise of peroxide or baking soda from a pro. I also researched and potassium bicarbonate was the best way to kill it. But there were no measurements to use.
This is what I want to do, but can't figure out the ratio for a quart!! Need to spray now!
1.5 tsp baking soda and 1/3 cup milk for a quart?

DBA34BE4 9030 4DF8 9A73 041BDB82388F
Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Use isopropyl alcohol 80% or greater mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Spray on your plants. I have used upwards of 75% alc at 93% and never had bad effects. I used it every year as preventive and to deal. Always works.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Use isopropyl alcohol 80% or greater mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Spray on your plants. I have used upwards of 75% alc at 93% and never had bad effects. I used it every year as preventive and to deal. Always works.
I did tons of research and some guru recommended sodium bicarbonate first. Peroxide second. So I sprayed yesterday, will see today.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This will stop it, available at most home and garden centers

To properly clean the harvested buds search 'Cervantes Bud washing' on YouTube

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom