Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter OCKushCollector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Hey Capulator, I see that the foliar pack is designed to be effective for pests and I was wondering about powdery mildew since I didn't see it mentioned. Is it effective for getting rid of pm, or would I be better off using a more traditional method such as green cure, milk, etc.?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
foliar pack has the same species of bacillus as a very popular PM fighting product. It also has 2 other species specified by myself to control and prevent PM. If you make the tea use concentrated in your sprayer, or mix at 1 tablepoon per gallon, stir well, let settle, and take liquid off the top to avoid sediment. Spray at night when RH is high for max effectiveness.

Reactions: mal
O

organiclover

"If you make the tea use concentrated in your sprayer, or mix at 1 tablepoon per gallon, stir well, let settle, and take liquid off the top to avoid sediment"

so r u saying use the tea at full strength to combat PM?

Reactions: mal
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
"If you make the tea use concentrated in your sprayer, or mix at 1 tablepoon per gallon, stir well, let settle, and take liquid off the top to avoid sediment"

so r u saying use the tea at full strength to combat PM?

Yes. Tea at full strength. Or mix up 1 tablespoon per gallon of distilled or RO water really well. Then, let the solution settle and take the liquid off the top. Spray.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The foliar pack has a specific strain of bacillus that is used in another very famous product to fight PM. It also has a special little friend that was added in much later called Ampelomyces quisqualis ().

The root pack has some things that will also help fight PM (streptomyces spp.)

O

organiclover

ordered me some the other day
been brewing teas for years but just found out about caps bennies
super stoked

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

not to mention the plants are so much healthier with caps packs that they resist PM in general!

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I won't mention the name. But I have had PM before and I thought it was a bitch. Now it's one of those things that I am starting to get complacent about. Where I live we have all the PM you can use. Unless you have a sterile room with sterile air, plants in my area have it.
I used excell lg, for systemic and had a clean run about a year ago and I haven't seen it since.
The humidity here lately has been non-existant so I can spray frequently without worry of mold. Myth: PM won't outbreak in conditions of low humidity. Now I have plants that are going inside and out so I need maximum vector prevention. I don't know weather my plants are infected and don't outbreak or are not infected but they are so healthy looking. I don't have that tight feeling in my gut anymore when I go into my grow room that I got when there was a 50-50 chance of seeing white spots. I have eagle -20 on standby and it's obvious now that I can take it back. Enough cash for another pack!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have PM in my greenhouse. It's been a wet summer so far in the high desert. I have some foliar pack. I see that it can be used as a preventative, but I'm not clear that it can be used as a treatment. I also see the root pack has something for PM, should I foliar that as well or apply the root pack as a root drench?

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have PM in my greenhouse. It's been a wet summer so far in the high desert. I have some foliar pack. I see that it can be used as a preventative, but I'm not clear that it can be used as a treatment. I also see the root pack has something for PM, should I foliar that as well or apply the root pack as a root drench?

outwest

Hey buddy the root and foliar have the same active as serenade. I prefer it as a preventative but I have cured light spells with it. If you use it make sure to let all the talc settle out like 15 minutes before taking the liquid off the top and putting in to your sprayer. The talc residue can look a little like PM and at first glance can fuck with you a bit.

P

pookie

can plants at about 5 weeks flowering be sprayed....will it affect any hash making if i spray to late

P

pookie

Hey buddy the root and foliar have the same active as serenade. I prefer it as a preventative but I have cured light spells with it. If you use it make sure to let all the talc settle out like 15 minutes before taking the liquid off the top and putting in to your sprayer. The talc residue can look a little like PM and at first glance can fuck with you a bit.
any help?>

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
any help?>

Yes. It is important to let the talc carrier completely settle out. LEt the solution sit for 10-15 minutes after mixig and pour/scoop the liquid off the top in to the sprayer.

You can spray up to harvest, but most people stop around week 4/5 to avoid botrytis.

G

Gary Grower

I'm a total newb here but I have a burning question. Hope I don't sound too misguided ;D. Recently I had a few spots of PM show up in my flower room. I'm assuming the clones I took from those plants are also infected. From what I read PM lives in the cell walls of the plant so once a plant is infected then there is no magical organic foliar that will "cure the plant" (green cure, milk, sulphur, serenade) and spots will reappear if plants are not treated every 7- 10 days. So then I wonder.... Will populating the plants with caps bennies every week of veg and early flower (root and foliar) prevent the infected plants from producing mildew? If so, does it work for weeks after application or can I expect spots to show up during late flower even if I spray till week 4?

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Gary Grower If you spray with root pack foliar pack compost tea once a week through week 4 and then stay heavy on the defoliation so that there is no stagnation in the canopy you should be good to go. If you get PM late in flower you can try using oxidate at 50 mL/ gal. Healthy plants with proper environment will be very good at resisting mildew.

Top Bottom