Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter Mountaingirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socalpunx

socalpunx

well the ones outside could have the common garden powdery mildew but the moms,indoors is a little scary,a sulphur burner might work unless its the fucked up PM.Did the moms have it when you got them?Ill try to find the article again I know it was last years issue,I think I know where its at

NightShift

NightShift

Here is my powder mildew recipe for flowering.

Keep spraying lower portions of plants. This works great just spray every week. The potassium bicarbonate will rupture the fungus cell membrane and cause it to burst on impact. The castile soap is only to help emulsify the mix to allow maximum coverage and is not absolutely necessary.

1 quart
1/2 tsp potassium bicarbonate (Montery Bi-Carb Old Fashion Fungicide) $7 at Planet Natural
1/2 tsp Actinovate organic fungicide powder - $17 Hardware store
1 drop liquid Castile soap - Ebay $8

PH should be between 8.5 and 10.5

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

So if pm enters the plant cells does this mean that its beans will be infected?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, but that *is* true of mosaic viruses. They are indeed passed on through seed.

Also, I may be continually harping on this, but the only time we're ever really interested in PM, the only time it really affects the plant, is when fruiting bodies are present, no? And then, beyond that, do we have any evidence that said fruiting bodies actually harm living human tissue? I cannot find that evidence, and if it exists I would like it entered into the record/knowledge base here.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I got this on gal that gets it the rest are unaffected. Im assuming her genetic threshold is low in regards to pm. So can i assume the others are infected yet they can weather the environment better? Gonna give a o2, h2o2, milk and colloidal silver with some soap as a wetting agent. How long shoud they be treated and at what intervals. Im considering once every 4 days, any advice would be good. I know of eagle and green cure but this gal is gone after this run do its not too extreme, yet!?!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They can fight it off better, for sure that mirrors my own experience. Same with spider mites, too. For example, The White got PM after I'd successfully eradicated it post-root aphid infestation on all other mothers. None of them had good vigor, but I was able to get rid of the PM using E20 on all except her. Mother of Thor was vigorous in fighting PM, whereas Orange Krush couldn't hold off a spider mite for anything, more like a magnet.

I only used the E20 the one time, won't use it again, doesn't fit in with my organic regimen and when I saw the PM come back on that one plant, knowing what I do about its propensity to cause resistance yadda yadda yadda, I figured I'd suck it up early and not take further consequences.

With stuff like the milk and JMS I treat every 3 days during veg. If it's during flower then I try to keep it to treatments only if needed.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Thanks seamaiden, they are 2 weeks in and i defoliated her legs so there is more airflow. As of now i pulled off leaves with signs of pm which were about 5 in total so im on her pretty early. Im gonna give her the the spray i mentioned then whenever its needed. Thanks again seamaiden i feel a bit more in control, now only if 4:00 would hurry so i can get to them asap!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks seamaiden, they are 2 weeks in and i defoliated her legs so there is more airflow. As of now i pulled off leaves with signs of pm which were about 5 in total so im on her pretty early. Im gonna give her the the spray i mentioned then whenever its needed. Thanks again seamaiden i feel a bit more in control, now only if 4:00 would hurry so i can get to them asap!

Unfortunately you are not as early as you think you are. If you are seeing signs of PM then you are actually in the late stages of infestation. If you can visibly see the spots of fungus then the mycelial growth, the actual fungal body, then you are only seeing the fruiting bodies that release spores. The mycelium has spread throughout the cells of the plant. If you are seeing fruiting bodies then more spores of the fungus are in your air and the issue will continue to pop up. I unfortunately learned this the hard way. From here the best you can hope for is keeping it at a minimum and off the flowers of your plants. Systemic control would be the only way of actually dealing with the PM at this point.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

So pretty much trash that plant, spray the tent down, milk wash the rest and hope for the best!?!

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Ok got an update! It was from a growers 101 error, trying to save alil power i had my blower shut down with the lights and all i had was an inside 6" fan for circulation! So i get home to trash her asap, i open the tent a few mins before lights on and what discover, a rh of 100 percent! It was soo muggy im suprised there wasent fog, lol. So with the lack of air flow plus drastic temp change would cause condensation/dew on the leaves and this is where it all started.

In veg tent she showed no signs so it has to be the flowering environment. Btw smokingG, i have cuts of her and doing good in veg.

T

tripleb

I would NOT use E20 in flower. That's me. The physical barriers and pH adjusters should be working for you, at least for controlling the PM fruiting bodies. I would look less to chemistry and more towards husbandry.

Consider getting and using a sulfur vaporizer. Initial cost isn't too bad. If you get the Ecoplus, it comes with absolutely SUCK-ASS directions.
i agree NEVER e20 in flower , not fair to any unaware users ...be 4 real youll like how it makes u feel ....

Luckydux

Luckydux

Call me lucky I guess but I’ve been growing for over 2 decades indoor/outdoor and recently greenhouse. Only within the last 6 months have I personally witnessed PM. I didn’t think much of it but now wishing I would’ve addressed it because it’s spreading quickly. This is an indoor flower room nearing week 5.
If anyone has had success treating PM by heating a room I’d love to hear your method. It’s got me on edge to say the least!

Top Bottom