Powdery Mold

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all!

Got a little bit of powdery mold on my leafs.

Best ways to fix this problem?

Cheers!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Hey all!

Got a little bit of powdery mold on my leafs.

Best ways to fix this problem?

Cheers!
Never had it so I can't say.
But
Increase the airflow and decrease you rH in the future.

Best of luck.
Peace

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
greencure at 1/2 green scoop per gallon..
or
organicide 3-1 .. 1 to 2 oz per gallon dash of dr. bronners soap
or
3% H2O2 15-45 ml per gallon dash of dr. bronners soap

good luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like isopropyl alcohol or JMS Stylets oil. The JMS is a physical barrier, longer lasting. And everything DANKSY listed above works well, too.

Afghi

Afghi

I have successfully removed powdery mildew by using high ph water. I get my water up to about a ph oh 10 or so and spray it everywhere on the plant. I used this method a couple years back and it does work, and it doesn't leave nasty residue all over your plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep, another very good method! I used Greencure once, late in flower, and I found it left a soapy flavor on the buds. So I don't use that particular product anymore.

N

nightmarecreature

Eagle 20, hit all your plants a few times and you wont see PM again.

I have not seen PM in 3 years or since using it. Its nasty but the ONLY thing that really works. You need a chemical fungicide, I mean. PM lives inside the plant and can remain dormant, Eagle 20 will remove it from the inside.

T

Think2toke

Eagle is poison smells like straight diesel fuel from hell... Use a sulfur burner and get you climate steady.

N

nightmarecreature

Eagle is the same chemical used on grapes.

Thats why you take clones and hit them early. Sulfur only keeps it off the leaves, it's still in the plant.

If all else fails, Tebuconazole will clean cuts like no other. Its so strong, theres a recovery period, but clone onlys act like seed finds after.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I had a partner once back east that used 100% whole milk as a foliar and he said it cleared it right up within a few days. Not for use in flower mode.....

Prevention and Treatment of Powdery Mildew

Powdery mildew is one of the most widespread plant pests. It tends to affect flowering plants and fruit trees or bushes (roses, apple trees, etc.) as well as cannabis. The spores are in the air or on contaminated plants in the garden and can easily be drawn into your grow room by ventilators. In internet forums and cannabis cultivation books you may find lengthy lists of possible treatments that look temptingly promising for a complete recovery at all stages of mildew infestation. But the authors have rarely tested these products themselves, and the compounds are seldom differentiated between those applicable only for growth, and those also safe to use during flowering. This guide is therefore specifically orientated towards publishing some first-hand experiences with a variety of fungicides, and a review on the specific utilisation of products during growth and flowering in cannabis plants.

In warm, dry climate powdery mildew spreads widely. But we have also observed heavy infestations particularly after a long and wet winter. The symptoms even disappeared occasionally during a heat wave. It is therefore unlikely that powdery mildew only affects cannabis plants during a warm and dry weather period.

Powdery mildew can be detected by the white-coating on leaves and shoot tips, which succumb to the infestation by atrophy and eventually die. Only the surface of the leaves is contaminated by the fungus. Very heavily infested plants often cannot be saved. Plants affected by this disease and wilting plants should be removed from the garden if you don't want the spores to spread. If the infestation of powdery mildew arises during the last few weeks of flowering it is possible to control an infestation until harvest. A good fungicide can fully combat powdery mildew, but the treatment is often lengthy and takes several weeks. Mother plants and cuttings should be treated preventively so that valuable genetics are not lost.

Mildew is a surprisingly aggressive fungus taking second place only to bud/grey mold (Botrytis). If you not only require a fungicide for preventive means, but also to combat an infestation, you may need to alternate between several products for the total period of treatment. In the instructions for use it is stated how often a specific compound can be applied per crop. Since fungicides allowed in organic agriculture can be less effective than synthetic products, all preventative management measures to reduce the primary infestation and to improve the microclimate should be exploited optimally. Fungicides are applied at the crucial stages in the development of the plant and the epidemic. Specific traits of the products must be taken into account for outdoor applications (such as rain fastness and hazards to plant health under intense heat or sunlight).

Is milk the answer?
milk.jpg
In an outdoor garden we have also found a diluted milk solution effective during vegetative growth when combined with other products. The idea to use milk as a biological fungicide came from the Brazilian scientist Wagner Bettiol. He experimented with different mixes of fresh milk in order to combat powdery mildew on greenhouse zucchinis and published his findings in 1999. The Australian scientist Peter Crisp from the University of Adelaide tested this method among 40 different alternative methods to combat mildew on grapevines. He discovered that milk or whey showed the best results. The microorganisms in the milk combat the mildew. In addition, the natrium phosphate strengthens plant defences. Diluted milk has been reported as surprisingly efficient in the agricultural sector in Australia, but under central European conditions it is used only rarely on cultivars due to the poorer weather conditions. There is, of course, a big difference between zucchini, grapevines, and cannabis plants. No matter how promising such results look like, they must always be seen in the context of which cultivars require treatment. Since milk contains proteins and sugars, infection by grey mold (Botrytis) may be promoted after treatment. That poses a serious risk to flowering marijuana. For this reason it is only recommended to treat cannabis plants with a diluted milk solution during growth and preflowering.

Application
For maximal effectiveness the treatments should be alternated weekly with another fungicide. Mix milk and water in parts of 1:9. Spray the plant thoroughly on a sunny day. If no other fungicides are available apply 1-2x weekly.

- See more at: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Marijuana-Mildew#sthash.Bcn3Hz6q.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Marijuana-Mildew#sthash.Bcn3Hz6q.dpuf

Top Bottom