Power 3 black can info...

• Thread starter Thundurkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thundurkel

Hey Farmer's I got some decent butane finally over the shitty Neon I was using and it's a brand called Power.. It has the UN 2037 DOT-2P that I see a lot of folks quote off their cans of Vector and it's made in Korea not China like the Neon was. The lady at the shop said it was the same as the Orange can with Yellow cap showing me her last can saying the black ones were the new design and I've seen some say is as good as Vector? I definitely can tell the difference between the budder I made with it and the Neon budder that smells like a fart when you open the vial LOL... I can't find much info on Power butane but so far I'm liking it and was curious if anyone here has done the side by sides with Vector? I saw somewhere that somebody tested the Yellow cap Power butane next to Vector and it left the same results on glass. The place also had this Tattoo Works 5x refined stuff but it was $5.50 a can and made in China like a fancy can of Neon haha I almost got it till I saw China. To me it seems like Power is trying to look like Colibri and Vector with the black can... Does UN 2037 DOT-2P mean it's 4x refined? Just would like to know if I need to keep searching or if I have found butane that's as good ??? Power is good as long as it's not the Yellow can with Red cap right? My Power 3 cans are Black with clear caps...

Honey oil batch 3 006
T

Thundurkel

This is budder yea? Depending on how long I let it sit on the heat after purging it'll be straight budder like or pull it right before it gets like that and I get amber rock candy. That's why these are swirled it was a in between try... No fart smell when I open the vial either just dank...

T

Thundurkel

Nobody huh? Well so far so good with this stuff and for some reason the end product is more potent than that made with Neon go figure...

S

sfzoo

vector is my brand of choice. can get it on amazon, ebay, etc.

that is not budder. budder is whipped up oil. Shatter is the term that is used when the oil is completely clear. budder is the term that is used when the product is malleable, opaque, waxy, and not brittle. Budder is beneficial when you need to handle the product, but can lose its flavor faster than shatter. (although i've sat on some budder for some time without any noticable flaovr loss)

budder happens when you slightly heat the oil while whipping it up, kinda like scrambled eggs. Hashbean has a vid on youtube, as do many others. It doesn't happen automatically with a given heat..or length of time exposed to heat.

budder is not more potent, more aromatic, more tasty or any different than shatter. It is just oil with trapped air inside.

Some strains 'auto-budder'. Some don't.

T

Thundurkel

Ok then I must have a auto budder strain cuz it's peanut butter consistency...
I also do whip it like scrambled eggs for sure and it's just like the "budder" I got for X Mas from a Mendocino friend and had never seen anything like it till I made my own on accident! Sfzoo since you are a Vector user can you tell me what the can says? Does it have a UN 2037? I know it has a DOT-2P rating on it right? What's this mean ect cuz it's on my Power 3 cans and isn't Lucienne 3x refined? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about BHO making and what butane's are the same with different labels ect...

T

Thundurkel

thats alot of oil how much flowers did ya have to use ?

That's from half a can of Power 3 and a turkey baster of trim packed tight... Been getting .9-1.1 every run which I thought was wonderful considering I usually just made butter and baked with my trim but now I can really turn my trim into gold.. Also today I've got my last bit to run so I wont grind it up at all and should see and even tastier product from what I'm reading...

C

cannabinoid

the DOT rating has to do with the quality of the can itself, nothing to do with the butane contained inside

T

Thundurkel

Ok so I found out the "black" can of Power butane is the best and is pretty rare to find from what I was reading and it was said by a few different folks... Few were even saying Power is better than Vector I wont know till next harvest but here's the cans I used last and had great results..

Butane 002
T

Thundurkel

Somebody said that it's made in the same factory as Vector but I haven't found any info backing up that statement..

C

cannabinoid

that somebody sure seems to knows alot, wish we could verify his sources

T

Trebla

Hey i have a can of Power but its blue and claims to be 5x super refined...anyone ever use or hear of it??

E

edux10

use vector.

why screw with success? I never see other brands consistently produce amber shatter. The OPs post either look under-purged or more likely purged at too high a heat and the product started to autobudder. Either way not our beloved amber shatter or golden gel. I would like to see if this butane would make a more amber oil.

Vector can says 5times+ refined. Only other thing i would even consider (and i know most others are the same) is Colibri. I think it changed its name, idk if product is the same. Is this power the new Colibri? I remember colibri saying 5times+ too tho i thought. could be wrong, but ill stick with my vector cans.

When packing a stainless steel turkey baster with $150 worth of weed, i will spend the extra few dollars in butane and go with vector as i know it consistency makes bomb oil.

E

edux10

purge at a lower temp for longer and post what that oil looks like with your brand of butane.

T

Trebla

where do i get vector? i hate ordering online...the power 5x i can just go buy at the store

Top Bottom