Power butane any good?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Seen some butane on amazon called. "Power". Anyone ever use it? Its 5x refined and cheaper than vector so im considering buying some. Any experience with this product?

Killadank

Killadank

Seen some butane on amazon called. "Power". Anyone ever use it? Its 5x refined and cheaper than vector so im considering buying some. Any experience with this product?
Yes power is legit about the same if not better the vector use to use vector now only run power 5x

619ster

619ster

I have used it and still have some. I'm a wax newbie so I can't say if it's better or not, but it sure works.

Graywolf

Graywolf

We tried it and it seems to work OK. More expensive locally than Lucienne 4X, which also works.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

power made fire wax for me going to do side by side with vector on same trim but power is 25 per case while vector is 75-70

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Newport butante ftw, power leaves residues

ftw the win why? its rebottled colibri..it has twice as much propane as vector...
and less n tane...
so again, im not sure why everyone is jumping on the newport is god bandwagon...odd

the power of rumor...lol

Reactions: Dad
Dad

Dad

ftw the win why? its rebottled colibri..it has twice as much propane as vector...
and less n tane...
so again, im not sure why everyone is jumping on the newport is god bandwagon...odd

the power of rumor...lol
ive seen residue in atorchtube with power and not newport.

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

Power5 SUCKS! I hate oil made with Power... ALL tastes the same... I can taste the Power in the oil... no matter who does it. Ive tried em all....and for best flavor and yeilds I use Dodo. Vector is next best for me.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

ive seen residue in atorchtube with power and not newport.

odd...ive been runnin it for about 2 yrs str8, n the wax i make (from nugs) dont taste like nothin except the flowers....
the ONLY difference between the 2 is newport has more propane, so not sure why it would leave residue more than newport...prob some other variance not apparent...its already been discussed i think that propane will purge with the butane, however the propane pulls more chloro i think gw said or something to that effect? could be wrong tho...

oh fyi dodo is made @ same factory as p5...lol

id def say you havent had proper oil made w p5 then if ur saying it all tastes the same and bad, cuz i assure u most in these parts thats nectar thats made w p5 goes for 90/gr.....pretty sure if peeps could taste residual gas in the oil, theyd know it...that doesnt really make sense anyways, i mean, they would have to be adding something other than iso,n or propane for u to "Taste" anything other than u would w any other canned gas...theyre all the same basically.propane n butanes purge off.a few have some other chemicals added in small amounts...(sparks to name one) but power is just like the others....so not sure why it would "leave " something behind that would impact the oils flavor, (unless of course the person dont know wtf theyre doing, and isnt usin a v oven and or winterizing their shit and is leaving nasty shit behind or using some shit tube or..again, some other unseen variable...say neem oil???i have tasted so much oil that tastes like a burnt dildo cuz of the neem oil...its a fact mad people use it, most will say theyre shits "organic" n not even tell the trim buyer wax maker etc. they used it at all...now all of a sudden you got this supply of trim etc that makes material that looks yields fine that tastes like taint nuts....feel me?

all im sayin is in SWIMS experience and a large population of the 710ers in the area around swim the oil tastes great!
but maybe other peoples taste buds are more refined?

Reactions: Dad
Dad

Dad

odd...ive been runnin it for about 2 yrs str8, n the wax i make (from nugs) dont taste like nothin except the flowers....
the ONLY difference between the 2 is newport has more propane, so not sure why it would leave residue more than newport...prob some other variance not apparent...its already been discussed i think that propane will purge with the butane, however the propane pulls more chloro i think gw said or something to that effect? could be wrong tho...

oh fyi dodo is made @ same factory as p5...lol

id def say you havent had proper oil made w p5 then if ur saying it all tastes the same and bad, cuz i assure u most in these parts thats nectar thats made w p5 goes for 90/gr.....pretty sure if peeps could taste residual gas in the oil, theyd know it...that doesnt really make sense anyways, i mean, they would have to be adding something other than iso,n or propane for u to "Taste" anything other than u would w any other canned gas...theyre all the same basically.propane n butanes purge off.a few have some other chemicals added in small amounts...(sparks to name one) but power is just like the others....so not sure why it would "leave " something behind that would impact the oils flavor, (unless of course the person dont know wtf theyre doing, and isnt usin a v oven and or winterizing their shit and is leaving nasty shit behind or using some shit tube or..again, some other unseen variable...say neem oil???i have tasted so much oil that tastes like a burnt dildo cuz of the neem oil...its a fact mad people use it, most will say theyre shits "organic" n not even tell the trim buyer wax maker etc. they used it at all...now all of a sudden you got this supply of trim etc that makes material that looks yields fine that tastes like taint nuts....feel me?

all im sayin is in SWIMS experience and a large population of the 710ers in the area around swim the oil tastes great!
but maybe other peoples taste buds are more refined?
I've seen it not tasted it, I don't see it or taste it with Newport . Seen as in I saw it in a torch tube

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

hmm..odd..id still say impurity from plant material somehow or some other variable...just imho

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I'm going to run a side by side with some vector and some power I have laying around. the very first time I did this I used vector, pvc and a hot water bath to purge then to the freezer over night, no stirring and only ran about half oz of good trim. the product turned out to be shatter. I didn't realize how good this was at the time as far as quality extract. fastfoward a year now I'm running again with a glass extraction tube and power but it gave me waxy product whch is lower quality supposedly contains more waxes and who knows what else. smokes and tastes great still but that clear end result is much more appealing to me, I do thing may be it tasted better before but that's why I'm doing side by side. are people getting shatter with running cans or 99 percent odd only way to go?. maybe the higher propane content is stripping more than I want like ur guys are saying.. any tips to come out with that clear end product? I'm going to search more see what I can come up with. and take any thing u guys have to say about it in to consideration before doing this test tomorrow evening. thanks all.

germinator

germinator

My modified jumpin Grey wolf inspired technique ...........Use fresh material...right of the vine. No cure just pure. Put it in your glass tube preferbly bud 1/4 inch chunks, freeze it and the butane (i always use vector) for 24 hrs.
Then blow...Clear fruity you'll love it ... Plus it's now ready for further processing .....no guarantee on shatter finish though cuz I believe that to be partially strain related.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

IVE DEF DONE F O T V.....BUT DID U NOTICE A YIELD LOSS? IS IT JUST ME ?? MAYBE DIDNT DO A SERIOUS ENOUGH TEST...OR MEASUREMNT OF YIELD...

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

what about after the blast though . do you whip ? freezer

germinator

germinator

IVE DEF DONE F O T V.....BUT DID U NOTICE A YIELD LOSS? IS IT JUST ME ?? MAYBE DIDNT DO A SERIOUS ENOUGH TEST...OR MEASUREMNT OF YIELD...

imho yield is also strain related..was your gear all frozen? It slows the blow down may also add contact time....I blow bout a oz. and avg bout 5 g...
I never ever whip it ......I do winterize to get rid of the waxs ect. but I dont freeze the finished (resin) concrete for storage.
My preference: is to winterize it then decarb it a bit then make an eliquid..
I syringe that into a carto and vape for a week off a ecig battery..........dats my story

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

nioe
yield is of course strain related...
thats what makes ur yield the strain!

i used to freeze shit, but dont much anymore...

germinator

germinator

nioe
yield is of course strain related...
thats what makes ur yield the strain!

i used to freeze shit, but dont much anymore...
Its become a adventure ...the search for the perfect strain to blow
I just clean it up the best I can. All the extra processes take alot of flavor profile away but I dont miss the waxy finish, the amount shit thats removed when winterized shocks me.

Top Bottom