Power got shut off for 24 hours... What are the effects on plants?

• Thread starter naturalmedicine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

naturalmedicine

My power was shut off for almost 24 hours. It happened during the dark cycle for one room and the light cycle for another. Both rooms are in veg. How will the plants be effected? Are they going to be in shock? Any insight will help.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

They should be ok but maybe it's generator time. They might freak a little but if you go back to your regular veg schedule you'll probably not see any ill effects. They'll probably grow some pre-flowers but that should be the worst of it if they are fine now.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
as long as u dont interupt the dark cycle you will be fine. i had power go out for 4 days one winter. if you got to water wait till night so its dark and go in a water in the dark. you could put a flash light on the floor so it will shed a little light so you dont trip and fall and can see the pots. just lay it down on the ground and point it toward a wall were theres no plants.

N

naturalmedicine

Ok. That makes me feel a lot better. I'll make sure not to interupt the dark cycle. Thank you for your insight. I'm glad they were not flowering or the smell would have been spilling out.

Hey Kid Twist, I'm about to pop some Alien Dawg F3's and some Area 51's. I'll keep you posted on their progess. I'm sure they are going to be some fire.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they are in veg you should be ok then even if you interupted the dark cycle as they are not as sensitive to problems in veg. just give them another week or so of veg at least under 24 hour light and they should be good. good luck on the seeds man, you will be very please with them plants coming out of them area 51s

N

naturalmedicine

I should use 24 hour veg instead of 18/6? Will that help them get back on track quicker? I'm on 18/6 right now and that is what I always use.

P

Producer

I should use 24 hour veg instead of 18/6? Will that help them get back on track quicker? I'm on 18/6 right now and that is what I always use.

A few growers reccomended that I switch over to 24hr veg and it was honestly the best decision i've ever made related to growing.
I see new growth everyday! And my plants have to be watered and fed twice as often. So its pretty friggen awesome!
I'd deffinetely give it a try. And then if for some reason your lights do die or shut off for a certain amount of time, well who cares, its just like there dark time to catch up on some much needed rest. lol

D

dagobaker

the amount of hours of veg differs per grower...........so take that as it comes
personally i like clones and newly rooted veggers 24 hours........but then ill run 16/8 or 18/6 for normal vegging.............to each his own
i also love t5s for most vegging (minus trees)(and t12 for clones)

K

KoR

My power was shut off for almost 24 hours. It happened during the dark cycle for one room and the light cycle for another. Both rooms are in veg. How will the plants be effected? Are they going to be in shock? Any insight will help.

One time we hand a tornado just a half mile down the road and the power was off for a week! So i didn't want to leave the plants in the dark for tooo long and i just set the plants out in my room where light could reach them (wasn't enough light to mater), but i had them hide well so no one could see them.

When the power finally came back on, i had lots of new growth within that week (more than normal) So i't didn't affect mine in a bad way.

R

rockson21

from my experience, one day of fucked up lighting really doesnt have much effect on even most flowering bud. just correct it and it's all good, really

Latest posts

Top Bottom