Power outage warning- very young auto seedlings (last ones)

• Thread starter dieKriegerin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dieKriegerin

dieKriegerin

Hello all,

This is my first time posting. I'm a lurker..

So I have a 3x3 tent with a King LED that sprouted my 3 blackberry autos with no problems. They are only 2 days old. The lamp is on the lowest setting (200w/blue & white only) for now, 48" away from the dome because they're very young.

My landlord just warned me of an outage. I've never had an outage with autos before. My photo outage was 4 weeks into the grow, and they bounced back. But these are my last seedlings..

I'm running 20/4. Right now they're on hour 1 of dark. I think this storm is going to hit the moment they need light.

Will a few very bright battery LED lamps keep them alive for a day or so? I cannot afford a generator, as the cheapest one in-store that is available costs >$350.

Admittedly, I'm FREAKING out.

Power outage warning  very young auto seedlings last ones
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How long do you think the outage is going to be?
Also, I'd switch to cup it's in to one with holes.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

With them that young you have no worries. They might stretch a little but that's about it......they certainly wouldn't die.

Even more than a day in solid darkness would not kill a healthy young plant like that.

dieKriegerin

dieKriegerin

How long do you think the outage is going to be?
Also, I'd switch to cup it's in to one with holes.

Thank you for the reassurance. This is only my second go; very much a newb. I'll be sure to put them in cups ASAP.

Last outage was about 12-13 hours. Then an outage between harvests was nearly a day, but I wasn't here. I got some high power battery LED lanterns.

I was really bummed because I've worked so hard on this super soil and I need these to work! Moving from DWC (I was losing my shit with the constant pythium outbreaks).

dieKriegerin

dieKriegerin

With them that young you have no worries. They might stretch a little but that's about it......they certainly wouldn't die.

Even more than a day in solid darkness would not kill a healthy young plant like that.

Thank you for this advice. I just ran to get 2 battery LEDs at the hardware store just in case.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Yep, that will work fine......worst case is the seedling will stretch a little if there is not enough light. The young seedlings don't need much at all for the first two weeks or until you see the first true set of leaves......no nutrients until then, just water, low level lighting and high humidity and temps.

Top Bottom