power outage

• Thread starter the rrock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the rrock

the rrock

due to no power for three nights my plants were in the dark for about 80 hrs. They are about 6 weeks into veg about 3ft tall(from seed all fem) ,Does anyone foresee problems or should i put them into 12/12. I was planning to veg them another couple weeks. Any advice would be appreciated

ttystikk

ttystikk

Flower them. They've already got a 3 day head start. Trying to keep them in veg will seriously stunt their development from here on out.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Cannabis is an herbaceous annual, and as such it times its life cycle by the length of darkness experienced. Hormones that build up each night cycle, reaching a tipping point around 11 hours or so of continual darkness, is the mechanism by which it recognizes the onset of fall and triggers itself to finish its life cycle. Sorry they didn't get as big as you wanted, but on the bright side, they'll really blast into flower phase now! In fact, with such a long initial darkness period, you may well see a foreshortened 'stretch' phase, and an overall shorter flowering period.

I recently tried to reverse the life cycle of some plants of a friend. The results were disastrous.

T

TreFarmer

Not always bad!!! My outdoor Hash/Skunk flowered fot about a week and reverted, cause of our crazy "spring". She yielded ⅓ more than her taller clone sister that didn't get the shady spot and did not flower.
the shorter one hade a cluster on top that was over 4½ ozs. I thought very seriously for about 2 and a half minutes, ;) if I can reproduce scenario...
This was an accident and I see more probs then benefits... i.e. mold, rot, mildew. Not to mention hermies, stunting, etc. But some interesting things can be learned through accidents or experiments.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
agreed - toss then into flower

the rrock

the rrock

thank you all. will share the results(all sannies gear(()

Top Bottom