Power saver

• Thread starter Ffejj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Ffejj

Has anybody heard of or ever used a power saver.just had one installed says will reduce power bill by 20 percent.It's actually called a power misor

JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Has anybody heard of or ever used a power saver.just had one installed says will reduce power bill by 20 percent.It's actually called a power misor

I've heard of them. Their filled with capacitors that store energy and releases said energy as its needed. Claims to help save energy from inductive motors. I don't know if they work as claimed though. Its one of those pleas that you have to throw common sense out the window. I'm sure there are some electricians here that can shed some light for us.

hiboy

hiboy

Not this one,, but i just googled it and there is such a device.. gona have to read about it
h

Olyver

Olyver

It's a piece of crap. True power factor correction requires large capacitors. It's more like a voltage stabilizer and surge suppressor for harmonics, but it will not save you money. There have been other products in the past claiming the same thing, IPControls equalizer PF-2 and Nutrilife perfect power V. Both of these units have a couple 1 watt resistors and electrolytic capacitors, which do nothing to save money or energy usage.

chazbolin

chazbolin

I actually had a small residential kvar energy controller that a customer wanted to have me open up and see what I thought of it. The cover said WARRANTY VOID IF OPENED sticker on it and there were these enormous rivets on it which I had to drill out.

There were two 24 microfarad capacitors in this really nice box that had a power indicator LED on the face. Once I got up off the floor from laughing at a $500.00 price tag I could not believe this company would seriously go about making these claims.

http://kvarenergyexposed.com/KVAR_The_Truth/Home.html

Industrial power factor correction has benefits but this residential shit is a complete scam!

pistone1971

pistone1971

It must be bad when someone creates a site and even writes a book pointing out what a rip off this is!

I've always wondered how good the surge suppressor works on my plug strips. Or is that just a scam to charge more for a basic plug strip?

S

speeddog69

Wow! I am really glad to hear that!! I was really thinking about getting one, hoping to save me some money on my power bill... So much for that idea...lol

Top Bottom