power supply for inline duct fan?????

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

I bought a brand new 4'' inline duct fan by suncourt inductor.. its an 80 CFM fan with 10 feet of 4'' aluminum dryer ducting.. this inline fan have the 3 wires coming off the end of it for the power supply, being the handy man i am, i attached a heavey duty power cord with 3 prongs to the wires, black on black, taped up, white on white taped up, and the ground on the ground which is green, taped up then all taped together but not touching one bit.. this gives about 10 feet of power cord which is more then enough, but with this should i just plug it into the household plugs, or would i have to get a plug in thermostat, inwhich the right one for this inline fan would be a ductstar plug in thermotstat, thats adjustable, automatic control for any suncort inductor.. so what would you do personal, i need to know so i can have the perfect setup here, also if i do go with there thermostate will i be able to plug the exhaust fan into it or would i have to get a different type of controler for this, if so i a friend of mind on this website, said he has a speed/temp control that automatically adjust to the temp in the room, its its to hot the fan is kick in fast, if its cool, the fan automatically slows down.. i like that way better but im just wondering so i can get this right?

hiboy

hiboy

Almost gave up on you hommie reading that, u musta been really hi.
First off what does your in line duct fan do, meaning... what does your duct do.
Air in
Air out
Cooling of lights
air cond
then maybe you might get your problem solved
hiboy

spacejerk234

spacejerk234

If your tent comes with passive intakes towards the bottom then you shouldn't need a second fan. the one you plan to hookup with the carbon filter and cooled hood will cause negative pressure inside your tent thus passively pull cooler air through the bottom intakes.
Also I learned the hard way that the inline duct 'boosters' that I believe your speaking of are really made just for that to boost the airflow in a duct that already has another airflow source. Don't get me wrong they will pull some air in but imho they are usually just a waste of more electricity.
Hope this helps.
~spacejerk234

C

caperfarmer902

oh well thats jus great to hear, but in the tent i got a bottom duct line that the inline duct fan 4inch is setup in and only about 1 foot of ducting so theres no to much duct to travel, this inline setup at the bottom on the test is for air in the tent, the exhaust fan thats going to be 6inch big thats going to be connected to the aircooled reflector hood, which will air out the room and the light at the same time right? or would i need to get a y connector so i can vent one 6inch to my reflector, and the other leave open to suck in the bad air from the top of the tent?

hiboy

hiboy

From your carbon filter or filter system set a fan on top of it sucking air from in the room thru the filter, thru the fan, ducted to your lights and then to the outside. If your running co2 then you wouldnt use this method
hiboy

Cort

Cort

Carpet,

Hiboy is describing the set up that I told you about in another thread. I will grab a pic of how mine is set up tonight when lights come on.

My no means is mine an example of perfection, but you will have a better idea.

Top Bottom