Powerveg T5 Bulbs?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hey guys I use T5's for my veg room. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Hortilux PowerVeg bulbs? Is it worth it for me to spend the extra money on these bulbs?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey guys I use T5's for my veg room. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Hortilux PowerVeg bulbs? Is it worth it for me to spend the extra money on these bulbs?
I like the cheap ones better, maybe it's just me but I feel like they change color and burn out quicker.

jipp

jipp

I like the cheap ones better, maybe it's just me but I feel like they change color and burn out quicker.
i have to agree the ones my T5 came with seem to work fine.
i have not thought of replacing them until i read this. laughs..
ill go back to letting them do there blue god thing.
chris.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
When the power veg first came out I think I paid some outrageous price like over 15$ each for them and they burned out fast, not sure if they even worked better because I mixed them with cheap bulbs.

P

Pimples

I was looking at Hortilux Powerveg t5's just recently. Until I started looking at prices.OUCH!!! 25 to 30 bucks FOR ONE 4ft bulb??? Gtfoh. They sound sweet. You only need a 2 to 4 per 6 or 8 bulb t5 fixture. But NO THANKS. I will stick with eikos 6500k f our footers for 4 bucks a piece. I use t5's for veg and it would be nice to dick around with something nice like these but no frikin way am i spending that much per bulb. They done fell and bumped thier head over at Hortilux.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I was looking at Hortilux Powerveg t5's just recently. Until I started looking at prices.OUCH!!! 25 to 30 bucks FOR ONE 4ft bulb??? Gtfoh. They sound sweet. You only need a 2 to 4 per 6 or 8 bulb t5 fixture. But NO THANKS. I will stick with eikos 6500k f our footers for 4 bucks a piece. I use t5's for veg and it would be nice to dick around with something nice like these but no frikin way am i spending that much per bulb. They done fell and bumped thier head over at Hortilux.
Sounds like you never used them before, these are the types of bulbs that if you haven't tried them you should definitely invest. I'm ready to go in 12/12 in 30 days.... I run the powerveg plus uv and the 420s to add that blue veg hue

IMG 2695
P

Pimples

Sounds like you never used them before, these are the types of bulbs that if you haven't tried them you should definitely invest. I'm ready to go in 12/12 in 30 days.... I run the powerveg plus uv and the 420s to add that blue veg hue
I just cant see myself spending that much coin for one t5 bulb. Just cant. To re bulb my fixtures would cost more than the fixtures themselves. Iam about ready to ditch t5's anyways for veg and go with a bunch of 315 watt cmh lamps.

Top Bottom